It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Levels of Radiation Detected in Tokyo at Ground Level

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
After seeing this I truly feel helpless, I want to run over there and help but don't want to run over there and die from the poison either.

If I was an alcoholic, I'd be drunk somewhere but since i'm not. All I can do is pray

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Did you see the comments on the youtube video? I thought this was poignant:

How come you keep living there?
-jezzmoto

@jezzmoto
I am leaving soon
-asuperdry
I think I'd be leaving soon also, if I was there.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Can you imagine what the water is like that they are drinking? Makes you think

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok so your all going to hate me again… But heres the bad news again…

Todays view: Reactor 4 sfp…

It totally just clicked…

There is no way for tepco to refill and constantly drain this pool. It is too damaged to let water simply run out. That being said, This is exactly what tepco is doing, They fill the pool. Wait for it to evaporate, from the fuel. Then refill it.

Tepco is continually releasing the radiation from the fuel purposely…

This is because there is no adequate way to essentially maintain cooling efforts. If they were to over fill it, It likely would collapse. The reactors fuel heats the water, to boiling temp. And once the water is vaporized into radioactive steam tepco refills it.

If they tried suctioning it, it would be highly radioactive water, that they couldn’t process… They couldn’t overfill it continually, because the weight would make the reactors spent fuel pool collapse…

This is a lie. Reactor 4s spent fuel pool is hopelessly about to crash…

Tepco is continually, maintaining the critical fuel… Essentially its their only option… The reactors sfp is going to breach the bottom of the spent fuel containment soon. Very very soon.

This is undeniable...

8, 6,15,6 thats the tons per hour of coolant per reactor. Multiply that by 24hours 35 x 24 = 840 tons of radioactive water... Multiply that by 82 days, that is a grand total of 68,880 tons of water that has atmospherically been turned into radiation... EVACUATE JAPAN.

They never said anything about where the spent fuel pool water went... now ya know...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I am sitting here right now in central Tokyo.

After reading this I took my geiger counter outside and took a number of measurements close to the ground, a manhole cover, soil, etc.

None of my measurements were off the charts in any way...all between 0.10-0.20 microsv/h, which is basically the level it has been since I took my first measurements right after the quake.

I'm not saying the guy in the video is hoaxing...maybe he ran into a "hot spot" or something -- but this doesn't seem to correlate with my measurements or the other major independent measurements out there.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 6/9/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Does anybody here work for Aflac? They insure 25% of the japanese population with supplemental insurance policies, one of which is their popular cancer plan. A good indicator of the fallout will be their claims for cancer diagnosis. I only know thought of this because I recently enrolled in an Aflac policy.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't know. There's something strange here. The readings, while the device is placed on a place, gradually rise. Readings would instantly be at a high level. It cannot rise that slowly. Either a fake or a trick.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

It moves as fast as what ever carries it. Fallout dose not move along the ground or in the air by its self..

If it hits ground Water, then which ever way that water flows, the fallout will travel and at the ame speed.

Same with the wind..

Also, it will dissipate over distance.. "It's a huge planet we live on" and Mother earth can and will soak it up as it moves outwards and thins out.

People are crying "end of World", and panicking for nothing...

Look at all the nuclear tests done in the past and look at Japan post WWII.. Look at Mururoa Atoll present day..

People stop winging about this please..

Yes it's a mess and Yes Japan is going to lose a few hundred Square km, but they are not going to become extinct..and neither are we..lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Man this is mutha F'in BS. I feel so bad for all of the Japanese people. Their government, nuclear agency, and Fukushima plant should have been honest with the world from the start. It was an earthquake for god sakes, it's not like they let the plant meltdown on their own like Chernobyl. It was a natural disaster, it wasn't their fault. They should have been asking the world for serious help from the very beginning. They should have had thousands of nuclear experts and workers from every country so they could help minimize the damage as soon as it happened. Then maybe it wouldn't be poisoning half of Japan, all of their people, and water.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by loam

I don't know. There's something strange here. The readings, while the device is placed on a place, gradually rise. Readings would instantly be at a high level. It cannot rise that slowly. Either a fake or a trick.

Why do you talk about things you don't know enough about?

It does take some TIME for the instrument to get a correct measure, that's just the way they work and yes I own one my self.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tacomagroove

This is what Arnie Gundersen stated in his interview about the reactor 4 steam sometime ago.

here is the interview: Exclusive Arnie Gundersen Interview

Arnie was taking about an after shock or if the pool collapses. this was his answer. I believe he said leave as in leave Japan.

" if Unit 4 building collapses, leave. We are well beyond where any science has ever gone at that point and nuclear fuel lying on the ground and getting hot is not a condition that anyone has ever analyzed."

In addition,
The Chairman of the NRC said that the reason he told Americans to get out from fifty miles out was that he was afraid that Unit 4 would catch fire, that exposed fuel pool would volatilize plutonium, uranium, cesium, and strontium. And if the Brookhaven Study is to be believed could kill more than a hundred thousand people, as a result."

With all the TEPCO News story being released in the past few days, it appears that TEPCO is preparing the people of Japan for the worst. Only their there to late.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrappedSoul

I can't see how. Radiation is light speed. It's not exactly something that takes that long and that close to turn on.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I was looking at the chart on the No 1 Reactor rad level and it has a Status: Instrument Failure
atmc.jp...

Date: Mar 15, 2011 (Tuesday) to June 09, 2011 (Thursday)
Current values: D / W: 224 Sv / h , S / C: .839 Sv / h
Status Instrument failure

I have Translate to English on the browser. So, I don't know if the readings are even correct. Or if it is so hot it fried the instrument. With a failure, we just can't tell.

ETA: Unit 1,2 and 3 say Status: Instrument Failure so maybe it is just the chart has that on it for some reason. I don't think they would all be in Failure mode because how would they be showing all these different levels.
edit on 9/6/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well that's good news. Did you touch the ground like in the video?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Is this more radiation than what came from the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima nd Nagasaki? If not, it doesn't really seem to be a threat outside of Japan.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't attempt to down play any of this, radiation is bad for you and a single molecule of plutonium ingested or inhaled will give you cancer, the fuel rods those idiots were using were weapons grade plutonium amongst other nasties in the mix, then multiply that with multiple reactors melting down and all that contaminated water seeping in to the water table,ocean and being exhausted from steam and transported via the wind currents and being distributed throughout the planet.

The Japanese people should evacuate because the longer they remain there the potential for birth defect and cancers become greater. there is room all over the planet for them while the government figures out what to do with their mistake. i personally think there's nothing that can be done and the atomic energy commission should have implemented safety fail-safes and proper clean up procedures before anyone was ever allowed to use nuclear energy..if anyone's to blame its the atomic energy commission and all the scientists involved

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I was really hoping you would post in this thread. I was eager to hear your current status.

But I 'm not sure how you can say this:

Originally posted by silent thunder
I'm not saying the guy in the video is hoaxing...

And then:

Deny ignorance.

Disappointing.

It makes you seem less credible...

Just sayin...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I want to try to contribute to this topic, by debunking any false assumptions and speculation on the instrumentation's readings being off, as a previous posted has speculated.

The instruments all have their own design, but the standard is that the reading picked up by the circuit board is an instantaneous count/value at the time of reading, which by all rational thoughts and observable physics, the amount of radiation hitting the sensor will vary. Therefore, in order to ascertain a usable figure, as a rate of radiation per hour, multiple readings are taken and averaged.

For instance, some equipment may see a reading of 17, 3, 88, 23, 7, 5,9 (no these are not the lotto numbers), if the device shows 88 or 5 uSv (or any scale) per hour, it is obviously going to be wrong, it must estimate based on the last X number of readings, what the rate for the hour will be.

You will see this with very cheap and poorly designed circuit boards, such as those used in circuits 101 classes, where an LCD will display a value one second, instantly change to some other value. If you took any form of circuits course, you would know that a modification to the circuit diagram is needed to "average" values in order to normalize the reading.

Therefore, I see absolutely no proof based on my limited knowledge, that the readings are inaccurate. I would speculate that the area where the video(s) are filmed may be subjected to a higher amount of radioactive rain water than other parts of tokyo proper. I personally have not seen anything significant in my section of CONUS, but if I were in Tokyo seeing those numbers, I wouldn't be living there for very long myself.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I was really hoping you would post in this thread. I was eager to hear your current status.

But I 'm not sure how you can say this:

I'm not saying the guy in the video is hoaxing...

And then:

Deny ignorance.

Disappointing.

It makes you seem less credible...

Just sayin...

Thanks.

But why does this make me less credible? I read the article, I made some measurements of my own which gave different readings, I reported my findings here. I honestly cannot tell you whether the person was hoaxing or not but I'd like to leave the possibility open either way. Maybe there was a fleck of plutonium on the ground outside his house? Or maybe he's a con-artist. I don't know so I will leave the possibility open either way.

If I pretended to have knowledge I don't have would that make me more credible?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I think it likely the levels would be different from street corner to street corner. I'm searching the net now for similar examples at an identifiable location where you might even kindly offer to verify the readings....

Are you game?
edit on 10-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join