It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed about to be crushed even more

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
My husband just lost his job- laid off. He went to work there part time when he was a teenager, after highschool went in the navy, then went back to work there 25 years ago. So for 25 years he had worked there, and the man never stayed out of work. He'd be sick and going to work, or on vacation taking calls from work.

And he was dropped like he was nothing.

So you're going to blame the company he worked for or are you going to try to understand why he was dropped? People are so reactionary and impulsive when they're dropped by their employers.
Not many people here seem to have ever understood the means of running a successful business. Guess what? If it weren't for small business owners, people like your husband may not have been employed in the first place. Things are getting ugly for small businesses just as it is for their employees. Stop blaming business owners and get a proper education so you can understand how taxation and regulatory agencies effect businesses where you live.
edit on 9-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jonnywhite

So you would bust your ass all day doing hard labor, for like 25 dollar profit? That is practically slave labor, the only way to live off money like that is to pile in 30 to a house like illegals do. Yeah our blue collar men should just learn to live like cockroaches and like it!
edit on Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:38:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I have nothing to say that. It's blatantly racist and deceptive too. The illegals i've seen are harder workers than average americans. Say what you want, but america is getting weak-kneed.
edit on 9-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Pitty they weren't also weak-gobbed.

American's always think they have a RIGHT to BIG WAGES, BIG CARS; BIG HOUSES, BIG DRIVEWAYS FOR THE BIG HOUSES.

Think again.

Time to burst some Egos
The hard way.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Do they have to work for 50 bucks a day too?

You do whatever you have to. This country would be nothing if people didn't.

When my grandfather came here he had no unemployment check. He took whatever job was available. Mining, farming, whatever. He did it. His generation was bold. Our generation could learn from him. Maybe how to do things on our own. How to get by. How to build up this country.

My husband sometimes works for less than that. He lost a job paying around $600 a week. Now he's lucky to get $250 before taxes. He went to the minimum wage job because he saw this coming. He took the job before the fight about extending benefits the first time because he knew with republicans controlling the house, the money's days were numbered. A lot of people chose to try to ride out the storm, hoping they'd get the good paying jobs back. Now, they're realizing that isn't going to happen. He swallowed his pride and took a job as a delivery driver. He has an Associate's degree and is making minimum wage. Guess what? He's actually much happier in this current job than he ever was at the high end job. We do without a lot, but those are wants, not needs. It's worth it because he's not in panic mode right now like a lot of his friends are.

Congress is far too busy talking about another congressman's wiener to care about creating jobs. Don't hold out hope for any type of solution.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

A lot of companies here got rid of the seniority first and hired temp workers in their places. My mother in law's company, for example, said this outright. Didn't even try to deny it was happening. This saved the company money. It's almost impossible now to get into a factory without signing up with a temp agency. In 90 days, the company gets rid of the temps and everything starts over. That might have been what happened with her husband. He cost the company too much money. Maybe he was getting near pensioner age also and the company didn't want to cough it up. Hopefully, he has a Navy pension to fall back on.

Also, companies are dropping wages because they know it's a "buyers" market. I applied for a job requiring a bachelor's degree in marketing/journalism and they wanted to pay the person who got the job only $8.00 an hour for running an entire PR department.
edit on 9-6-2011 by tncryptogal because: added an exampe.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Amaterasu

elucidate? umm ok but it sounds as if it could be against the ATS T&C, plus my wife can never hear about it.

I do not believe you can opt out of unemployement legally, I am no legal expert however.
But I know in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia auto insurance is a must have and according to BarryO we must all now have health insurance.
And no I'm not saying the claimant, I refer to the insurance companies.
Like I said though I have known folks who got screwed out of unemployement.
And my wife was hit in a parking lot by a kid who was late for class.
No injuries and it was an older car, no payement we got skrood!
Insurance companies are the new mob, why do the old world extortion when this new legal stuff comes with low to no risk.

Well, without a need for money, there will be no insurance. Just sayin'.

And I do see Your point on how mandatory insurance is extortion.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

There will come a time when a days wages will only buy a loaf
of bread!
Don't mock,these days are coming and fast.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Seriously. Read my threads

I have, and I see it as a possibility, only problem is the machine is in the way of progress.

Which machine do You mean? The NWO machine? Or just machines in general? (Thanks for reading, BTW. [smile])

There are people that simply won't have it.

What People would They be? The present elite? Sure, They don't want to lose Their power over others. But the vast majority stand to see Their standard of living skyrocket. 99%ish. So if Us 99% bring this about, the elite will have little to say.

I really like the idea of a Star Trek universe feel where it is a priveledge to work type feel, I just don't see the people coming together when we have so much that folks just wanna argue about, brown vs white, muslim vs christian, Etc.

Poverty spurs a great deal of this hatred. Money is a strong motivator to selfishness and evil. And I don't see work so much a privilege, as bliss. And then it's not work (though it may function as "work").

We just are not mentally mature enough as a society, but if we could be crime and poverty and hunger would be a thing of the past.

And I say We are plenty mature. Virtually all people now follow the three Laws. We get along. It is only fringe that are hyper-reported, and once there is an overarching goal, that requires none to change if They don't want to, rather than be divided, We will unite. Leaders of the moment will emerge to handle problems as they arise.

The people in charge of all of the insurance companies and government positions that make decisions and literally hold a persons life in their hands would never part with their hunger of power.

While this is true, merely releasing the plenum energy extraction methods will cause a rise in living standard, and money will deflate and then become more trouble than it's worth. No One has to do anything at all once the energy is flowing. Though an Interweb site still needs to be created.

Then you'd have the folks that scream "COMMIES"!!!

Oh, those are easy to handle. Communism is a scarcity paradigm, where there is a finite set of resources and they are divided up equally. In abundance, there is more than enough for everyOne to have all They wish of the basics: food, clothing, shelter. In fact, EVERYONE can live as today's elite live.

They are idiots, a commune could work if there were no poverty or hunger.

Or labor. (Robots are good for that!) But really, We don't need a commune. We need plenum energy and a central site and robots.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

When my grandfather came here he had no unemployment check. He took whatever job was available. Mining, farming, whatever. He did it. His generation was bold. Our generation could learn from him. Maybe how to do things on our own. How to get by. How to build up this country.

This generation will learn nothing. I call it the Atlantis Effect. Their children, born in poverty, however will.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by rlrsar

Dont wish for something you may regret in the future. Robotics have already replaced 10's of thousands of factory jobs that will never be replaced. The people laid off have either gone on to other jobs (some higher paying, but most lower paying) or are long term unemployed.
Americans need to do the jobs that are still here in America, send the illegals home and put unemployed/welfare cases to do those jobs.

I think Amaterasu's plan could work, if implimenting bartering and taking money out of the equation. It seems without the monetary system and 1% of the world's population governing almost all resources, this plan could very well be implimented.

No need for barter, either. Order Your needs on the Interweb and the robots will deliver them. But yes, if the 99% of Us who are not in that class just did this, creating a website, releasing the energy extraction methods, planning for robots - We could easily do this.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You've bothered getting a job for so long, why not become an internet entrepreneur and own your business? It's free to have a blog and apply for Google ads. All you need is good content. Which can be scoured on the net.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Then all small businesses should get a tax exemption for two years.
Having the government take our money isn't helping. Government isn't helping.
People, businesses, will help.
edit on 9-6-2011 by beezzer because: t

Why not just print more money and give/lend it to small businesses and watch inflation skyrocket?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Was talking to one of my friends the last week end -- down at the Marina. He owns an insurance agency, generally a nice guy. Told me that he was tired of all these people living off the government. And it was time for these lazy asses to go to work. Just like him -- Did I mention he was washing an 80 foot houseboat. He was upset that Trump pulled out because we need a businessman to run the company. Sometimes the stupid just burns - though it is a pretty typical view in North Georgia.

So there you have it if you are unemployed the secret is to go back to work - at least that is how the more well off people are thinking these days.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

You've bothered getting a job for so long, why not become an internet entrepreneur and own your business? It's free to have a blog and apply for Google ads. All you need is good content. Which can be scoured on the net.

Wow. I am unsure whether I could even come up with stuff regularly... And I loathe internet advertising. I would cringe every time I thought of it. But I will contemplate this and perhaps I can grin and bear it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

There's a problem. The robots. We need Kanemitsu level robots. Current robots are not even OCP level. And the robots have to be able to make decisions like what to do best when a fruit tree becomes infected with a new type of fungi. Dr. Soong is long way to being born.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My first response is.......GOOD!

These people will be more motivated to find work! I have had at least 2 people ask me to fire them, so they could collect unemployment.

Then, my second response is that my brother Modern Sense Blog predicted this last year. He said unemployment benefits would be extended until election time, and then they would be allowed to run out, so the Democrats could take credit for having less people receiving benefits. On the one hand it can be spun to look like unemployment has actually dropped, and on the other hand it can be spun to look like they are concerned with government overspending. The message can be tailor fit for the audience and politicians love that!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

Shouldn't the politicians also be drug tested seems they are paid by the people that have to have a drug test to work to pay these worthless pieces of garbage taking up air?
Why don't Congressman or Senators or Supreme Court Justices or Judges in general or the President have to have a drug test?
Once again seems the rules and laws only apply to the peons and not those that set the policies.
I agree that any form of welfare or free money should not be spent on booze or drugs and they should be tested but so should politicians and CEO's and Wall Street and Judges and yes even the President even if he is high on his own ego and can't smell his own crap spewing from not only his ass.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

So you would bust your ass all day doing hard labor, for like 25 dollar profit? That is practically slave labor, the only way to live off money like that is to pile in 30 to a house like illegals do. Yeah our blue collar men should just learn to live like cockroaches and like it!
edit on Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:38:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

I have nothing to say that. It's blatantly racist and deceptive too. The illegals i've seen are harder workers than average americans. Say what you want, but america is getting weak-kneed.

Pitty they weren't also weak-gobbed.

American's always think they have a RIGHT to BIG WAGES, BIG CARS; BIG HOUSES, BIG DRIVEWAYS FOR THE BIG HOUSES.

Think again.

Time to burst some Egos
The hard way.

I'm 53 and have never had big wages, big cars, a big house! All our cars were second hand. Never ever owned our own home. People seem to think that just because we are American we are rich.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
No more FREE money. My god what is happening here!!!

Well there is always crime. It should always be at the back of each unemployed persons mind.

Or you could make little pillows out of your once bright dreams and sell them on ebay!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlrsar
Weekly random drug tests for everyone on unemployment, you cant get a new job if you are high
require all on unemployment and welfare to take jobs held by illegal imigrants.
require and doccument 10 new job contacts each week

Bout' time americans started doing the dirty work and stopped moaning. My grandfathers generation would have been proud to work these jobs that illegals have right now. They were true americans. Personally, I think that illegals came here to work and we should let them.

This country was founded on hard workers. Returning to that ethic is the right thing to do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, when ICE deports thousands of illegals, thousands of citizens quickly fill those jobs!!!!! Millions of illegals are displacing citizens in the workforce. No illegal should have a job before an American citizen!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

There's a problem. The robots. We need Kanemitsu level robots. Current robots are not even OCP level. And the robots have to be able to make decisions like what to do best when a fruit tree becomes infected with a new type of fungi. Dr. Soong is long way to being born.

[smile]

I think there are already some amazing robots out there. And I anticipate the development to go far faster than You might think. Here are some promising ones:

Oh, I could go on and on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join