It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed about to be crushed even more

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by rlrsar
Weekly random drug tests for everyone on unemployment, you cant get a new job if you are high
require all on unemployment and welfare to take jobs held by illegal imigrants.
require and doccument 10 new job contacts each week

Bout' time americans started doing the dirty work and stopped moaning. My grandfathers generation would have been proud to work these jobs that illegals have right now. They were true americans. Personally, I think that illegals came here to work and we should let them.

This country was founded on hard workers. Returning to that ethic is the right thing to do.

I disagree. The "work ethic" is a slave's ethic. Humans should focus on a BETTERMENT Ethic. And get robots to do any work no One wants to do.

And We should be freed to follow Our bliss. Here are a couple of threads I started that explain how this is so"

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Let's make employment optional and slavery (outright or wage slavery) a thing in Human past.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

It's best not to look at the numbers and just do what you need to do.
edit on 9-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Like taking a pistol and having to rob someone....

Lets just brush the numbers under the carpet, just do what you need to you'll be fine right?

Well when people start taking pistols and robbing it will be just doing what you need to..

You know so your kid can eat and all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The people in Europe and the US really need to come up with a brilliant business plan & idea and work in cooperatives where we are self employed and share the profits of our labour.

It can perhaps be a little difficult to compete with the mega-corporations and their operation of cheap manufacturing in China BUT!... If we together, the people of Europe & US would boycott their products and instead buying our own made products, it may work?

Then we use direct import and export between us for our businesses, with credits on paper as a currency between our corporations in the US and Europe - and operate like a corporation with our own local subsidiaries around the world.

Sure, every item produced will be very expensive in the beginning - and we need some capital and investments to start!

So? any brillant ideas? do we know some investors?

We can name the corporation: TEPCO which is short for: The People's Corporation

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Dont wish for something you may regret in the future. Robotics have already replaced 10's of thousands of factory jobs that will never be replaced. The people laid off have either gone on to other jobs (some higher paying, but most lower paying) or are long term unemployed.
Americans need to do the jobs that are still here in America, send the illegals home and put unemployed/welfare cases to do those jobs.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Dont wish for something you may regret in the future. Robotics have already replaced 10's of thousands of factory jobs that will never be replaced. The people laid off have either gone on to other jobs (some higher paying, but most lower paying) or are long term unemployed.
Americans need to do the jobs that are still here in America, send the illegals home and put unemployed/welfare cases to do those jobs.

I think Amaterasu's plan could work, if implimenting bartering and taking money out of the equation. It seems without the monetary system and 1% of the world's population governing almost all resources, this plan could very well be implimented.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
My husband just lost his job- laid off. He went to work there part time when he was a teenager, after highschool went in the navy, then went back to work there 25 years ago. So for 25 years he had worked there, and the man never stayed out of work. He'd be sick and going to work, or on vacation taking calls from work.

And he was dropped like he was nothing.

Im sorry to hear your news. It's an absolute disgrace the way in which most people are treated by their employers, makes me so angry. 25 plus years of paying taxes into the system then when something goes wrong people begrudge people claiming unemployment benefit.

When everything comes to the bottom line noble values of loyalty, commitment and hard work go out the window. we know the price of everything the value of nothing.
edit on 9-6-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Obviously you are a seasoned individual as per your posts.
If by this time you have not figured out how all insurance is a form of or just outright extortion and most others have, I congratulate you and your bliss.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There are already hundreds of hoovervilles / bushvilles / obamavilles / etc all over the united states. People living in RV parks, camp grounds, or in the middle of the woods on public, even private land. The media is failing to report this, in addition to many people literally dying due to unemployment, lack of medical benefits, and even a lack of decent food. Benefits are being cut and hordes of the poor are being forced into a corner that will only cause them to fight back.

News Article

www.msnbc.msn.com...

crooksandliars.com...
edit on 9-6-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

To paraphrase a great comedian "Insurance is a scam. Everyone has to pay some dude money, in case crap happens. But you can't have your money if crap don't happen. And if crap does happen, they just charge you more money."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
*Diety!*
Wasn't this supposed to be the "Summer of recovery"???
Or was that last year?

My heart goes out to those who can't find work. What we need (my opinion) is a HALT to all corporate taxes for 2 years. This would alo businesses to free up more capital and hire more people.
Hey, even businesses want to make money!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

In a utopian society where every human being cares for each other this could work.
But this is far from utopia, big corp puts machines where humans used to be and all the little people get laid off and jobs are gone forever.
Big corp goes not care about us, so the rich get richer and the poor go hungry and die.
Just how I see it, but I suspect my vision is shared by many.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't fully see that as the problem as some big companies get their tax breaks and payouts but do not file and or pay their taxes.
I see the little businesses getting the squeeze though, they just do not have the capital to compete.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think that what we're seeing right now is redefining of what will be the new norm here in the US.

There will be fewer jobs that pay well. Therefore we will have a smaller middle class as we move forward.

Education will be more focused on careers that result in a good paying job. People will value a college degree in the social sciences less. The concept of a liberal arts education and a well rounded person will be declining. If you can't get a job with a 4 year degree how many people will put up the money in those fields.

Fields like engineering, computer science etc will become more competitive.

More people will find themselves working for low wages. Look for a better class of employees at your fast food franchises.

Poor people will get poorer. With declining revenues, governments will have to make do with less money. You're going to see declining amounts being given out for welfare and/or other social services. When the local governments don't have the money, they can't give it away.

It's going to be an interesting decade.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by beezzer

I don't fully see that as the problem as some big companies get their tax breaks and payouts but do not file and or pay their taxes.
I see the little businesses getting the squeeze though, they just do not have the capital to compete.

Then all small businesses should get a tax exemption for two years.
Having the government take our money isn't helping. Government isn't helping.
People, businesses, will help.
edit on 9-6-2011 by beezzer because: t

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well, if You read My threads I linked to above, You will see how Humans can all live as today's elite, while robots do the work. There will be no such thing as a "job." But problems will be solved by those who care, and We all can have that rich lifestyle.

So yeah. I want robots to fill any necessary job no One (or not enough People) wants to do. We don't need jobs. We need plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy.

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

And My novella that shows the abundance paradigm at work:

The Abundance Paradigm: media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Hey, even businesses want to make money!

reply to post by beezzer

The problem in the UK is that banks are not lending to small business's, even though the british tax payer pretty much owns one of those banks

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Obviously you are a seasoned individual as per your posts.
If by this time you have not figured out how all insurance is a form of or just outright extortion and most others have, I congratulate you and your bliss.

Gee, thanks. Care to elucidate? Insurance is only extortion when One HAS to have it - as in automobile insurance. I don't know if One can opt out of unemployment insurance - but if not, it would be extortion - though I would NOT see the claimant as an extortionist. They are merely asking for what They were promised. The extortion happened to the paycheck.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by ldyserenity

In a utopian society where every human being cares for each other this could work.
But this is far from utopia, big corp puts machines where humans used to be and all the little people get laid off and jobs are gone forever.
Big corp goes not care about us, so the rich get richer and the poor go hungry and die.
Just how I see it, but I suspect my vision is shared by many.

Seriously. Read my threads. This is NOT a utopia (though I called it that - it is merely MUCH better than what We have now). We can get rid of the need for money, increase EVERYONE's standard of living, and spend Our time as each of Us sees fit IF We release the methods of extracting the energy from the plenum.

(Again:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com... )
edit on 6/9/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

elucidate? umm ok but it sounds as if it could be against the ATS T&C, plus my wife can never hear about it.

I do not believe you can opt out of unemployement legally, I am no legal expert however.
But I know in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia auto insurance is a must have and according to BarryO we must all now have health insurance.
And no I'm not saying the claimant, I refer to the insurance companies.
Like I said though I have known folks who got screwed out of unemployement.
And my wife was hit in a parking lot by a kid who was late for class.
No injuries and it was an older car, no payement we got skrood!
Insurance companies are the new mob, why do the old world extortion when this new legal stuff comes with low to no risk.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Mods,
This will veer abit off topic but I will steer the bus back, just before I go off the cliff!

Seriously. Read my threads

I have, and I see it as a possibility, only problem is the machine is in the way of progress.
There are people that simply won't have it.
I really like the idea of a Star Trek universe feel where it is a priveledge to work type feel, I just don't see the people coming together when we have so much that folks just wanna argue about, brown vs white, muslim vs christian, Etc.
We just are not mentally mature enough as a society, but if we could be crime and poverty and hunger would be a thing of the past.
The people in charge of all of the insurance companies and government positions that make decisions and literally hold a persons life in their hands would never part with their hunger of power.
Then you'd have the folks that scream "COMMIES"!!!
They are idiots, a commune could work if there were no poverty or hunger.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join