It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post here to debunk Timewave Zero theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have always loved the Timewave info I have read here on ATS, seems it has been right on during some intense periods.

One of my favorite members is closely related to it as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by cripmeister

Exactly. Completely arbitrary. Timewave zero is by far the most overreferenced, overrespected, and overcredited crock of malarkey around. I'm pretty sure TM even said himself he based it off the bomb and Dec 21 2012 as the reference points. There's no real science or logic to the system.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sine.nomine

Its not arbitrary. It ends most probably ON November 18 2012 OR December 21 2012, no other dates.
Not arbitrary because its calculated from August 6 1945, that he thought was the resonance of big bang.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

And August 6th 1945 is a totally arbitrary date

No doubt in 2013 we'll all be told that something of momentous importance occurred in 2012 but we just haven't realised it yet. And then it'll all start over again. As such scams are wont to do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Put me down for option number 4 too please!

Timewave Zero: Countdown to epic fail.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As any decent statistian will tell you, you can find cycles in anything if you look deep enough. Twz has to be stretched most of the time to fit. Either the actual date, or what makes the supposed cycle significant.

People think that because the world seems to be a bit too chaotic, 2012 and twz must be for real. It's just faulty logic. It's not as if things will magically be any better in 2013. Things truly do seem to be getting progressively worse, and I think this will simply get worse as the years roll on.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

it is entirely arbitary - the alleged aug 6 1945 " start date " - was chosen - as YOU state , because :

that he [ mckenna ] thought was the resonance of big bang

why not july 16th 1945 ????????????????? it was an arbitary choice

PS - if its not arbitary - why was the origional " end date " deliberately moved AFTER mckenna learned of the mayan callender ????????????
edit on 10-6-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Q :what is " novelty " [ for the purpose of TWZ ]

A : what ever event fits the graph

and proponents claim the process is not arbitary

the evidence - amongst otheres lies [ literally ] at this website

to quote;

It is thus worth noting that from July through October 2010 nothing very novel occurred,]

er pardon ?

so the :

wikileaks released documents [ iraq & afghanistan ]

the pakistan floods

the chilean mine rescue

etc etc were " not very novel "

but then :

On the other hand, in November and December 2010 seriously novel events did occur (in accord with the Kelley/Watkins timewave), namely:

the North Korean shelling of an island claimed and occupied by South Korea (which led the two countries to the brink of war, where in late December 2010 they remain) and
the start of the release by Wikileaks of over 250,000 secret and confidential diplomatic cables between the U.S. State Department and U.S. embassies around the world (which, in the words of Israel Shamir, "throw a bright light upon the murky policies of the American Imperium, on their methods of collecting information, of delivering orders, of subverting politicians and robbing nations."

WTF ??????

wikilreaks in july / october = " nothing very novel "

wikileaks in november = " significantly novel "

they are just making it up a they go - to fit the graph - not facts

" novelty " depends on one criteria :

does it fit the graph

i am not even going to start on the issue of april to july 2010

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Novelty is not what you wrote here.
Novelty is defined as increase over time in the universe's interconnectedness, or organized complexity.

Novelty is also every event that brings novel experiences/ novel technological breakthroughs to the global population.

The graph shows that novelty is increasing over time. One day it will be the only thing that will influence humanity. Habit will cease to exist.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

Novelty is not what you wrote here.
Novelty is defined as increase over time in the universe's interconnectedness, or organized complexity.

Novelty is also every event that brings novel experiences/ novel technological breakthroughs to the global population.

In other words, totally meaningless mumbo-jumbo that can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Out of interest, where do the really significant events in human history, like the discovery of how to make fire, invention of the wheel, the first writing, or the first broadcast of Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy, fit in to the grand scheme of things?
edit on 10-6-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

That is not the definition of novelty and you're using circular logic again.

Novelty is simply the quality of being new.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

ok - explain coherently why :

wikilieaks in july / october = not very novel

wikileaks in november = significantly novel

?????????????????

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Because of the arrest of Assange that followed the leaks in November. The first time I have ever heard of wikileaks was actually in November.
In july nobody I personally know was mentioning it.
But in November it was discussed by many people I personally know.

July 25 – Wikileaks, an online publisher of anonymous, covert, and classified material, leaks to the public over 90,000 internal reports about the United States-led involvement in the War in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010.[

November 28 – WikiLeaks releases a collection of more than 250,000 American diplomatic cables, including 100,000 marked "secret" or "confidential ".

I think the situation in November was bigger than the one in July.
There were more leaks disclosed.

The WikiLeaks diplomatic cable revelations have been credited with sparking the Tunisian Revolution
THIS is the link with the January huge dip into Novelty...

The July leaks weren't exactly the same deal.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

so novelty is defined by the ignorance of you and your associates ?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Read above, I explained better than a few minutes before...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Read above, I explained better than a few minutes before...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I will tell this here.

I KNOW the theory may be wrong. I don't want to look like a fanatic.
That's it.
If it will be wrong, me and a few people in here will lose the face on ats.
That's okay.
It can happen.
Its the life.

I don't care if MAYBE I dedicated so much time those 2 years , to investigate, read about, a theory from a man that many call insane.

I personally think its an adventure. I take it like a good game.
Good God, guys...
Life itself should be taken as an adventure.

Many of you think Mckenna was insane, wasn't a wise person, was just a poor guy with insane theories.
Its okay.

In the event the theory will be confirmed wrong after 2012:
Congratulations. You won. Its okay. Next issue please. Let's go on.
That will be my reaction, I suppose.
Probably on December 22 2012 I will already reading some book about another issue.
That is my life.

My life is not about the timewave. If you could watch me in my real life you could see I'm interested to pretty much everything.
Yesterday I took a book from a book shop.
Yesterday alone I read 240 pages of history.
I feel I got more knowledge. That's so good for me.
I love getting more knowledge.

Today there is the magazine with nuclear issues. Yes or no. Interesting. I will read that.

See? My life is not the timewave. Most of the time I think on how to find someone to marry and create a family.
Not the timewave.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
I will tell this here.

I KNOW the theory may be wrong. I don't want to look like a fanatic.
That's it.
If it will be wrong, me and a few people in here will lose the face on ats.
That's okay.
It can happen.
Its the life.

I don't care if MAYBE I dedicated so much time those 2 years , to investigate, read about, a theory from a man that many call insane.

I personally think its an adventure. I take it like a good game.
Good God, guys...
Life itself should be taken as an adventure.

Many of you think Mckenna was insane, wasn't a wise person, was just a poor guy with insane theories.
Its okay.

Productive insanity = genius. No genius is without flaw. The guy was very, very wise, but perhaps incorrect in some of his more influential theories. Time will tell.

I could be wrong as well.

Take care brother, and good on you for openly admitting you could be wrong.

That takes BALLS

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
First Wikileaks - Iraq/Afghanistan - Everyone already knew they were killing civilians and that the war was BS. There is nothing novel about War. There is nothing novel about killing civilians. There is nothing new about helicopters killing people.

It was novel in that it was the first mass scale release of internal documents. That is why as a period it is still lower on the graph than ever before - still more novel than everything before, but not as novel as the second wikileaks.

Later Wikileaks - Some actual new info that hadn't been released before. Change in people's perceptions of their governments. In fairness a lot was stuff we already knew and a lot was just bickering.

Not to mention there were a lot of other things happening at the same time which were also incredibly novel.

Novelty = newness, yes. But newness = increased complexity = increased connectedness.

As McKenna said, as far as we know the human brain is the most complex structure known to humans. This is because of the sheer numbers of connections between the neurons and that it gives rise to incredibly complex functions like regulating the body and consciousness.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
JFK Assassination - November 22, 1963.

Resonates with 1130BC:

From Wikipedia:

1137 BC—Ramses VII begins his reign as the sixth ruler of the Twentieth dynasty of Egypt.
1135 BC—Oxyntes, legendary King of Athens, dies after a reign of 12 years and is succeeded by his elder son Apheidas.
1134 BC—Apheidas, legendary King of Athens, is assassinated and succeeded by his younger brother Thymoetes after a reign of 1 year.

(Emphasis mine).

This is a resonance to Greek Mythology which can obviously be debated. Obviously interesting though and the mythology was based on something.

This is one of the inherent problems of the theory - because we don't have great historical data from back that far its hard to talk about resonances with things that far back.

However, we know for example the rough timing of things like the invention of farming as I posted before, which resonates with the 2nd Industrial Revolution and now Climate Change and Carbon Taxes.

Resonances should basically be events that are somehow intrinsically linked to one another, be it in physical circumstances (fire, flood, famine), theme (east vs west, religious zealotry etc) and so on.

Abraham Lincoln - Assassinated April 15, 1865. Resonates with 7450 BC - good luck finding information about what was going on around then, lol.
edit on 11-6-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join