It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission to Mercury? A coverup for something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ive read on various other forums scattered about that the Probe mission to Mercury to look for ice on the dark side is incfact a mission to check out the infamous Planet X which is apparently inbound.

Far fetched i know but can anyone shed light on this?

If not then 1st week in Sept is meant to be the week NASA tells trhe truth on the mercury space probe.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hey that avatar is crazy with those eyes and all

jra

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Planet X is back again?
It's always coming, yet no one can see it, it seems. It was supposed to be here last summer. Is it supposed to be here in september now or something? What are the reasons for thinking Planet X is inbound again?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Hey that avatar is crazy with those eyes and all

Thats me and my pet Katana Sword Rusti...

300 pounds 6'3'' Security Officer want to get in a fight with me?

As for the planet X business i dont believe any of it but i like reading about it its like a soap opera its funny!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hey,
I'll be the first to admit that the long flight period had me scratching my head at first... but, as I understand it, it's needed so as to make close flybys of Earth, Venus, and Mercury that will slow the MESSENGER probe down just enough for it to enter Mercvury's orbit in 2011. Yeah, they could have done something more direct, but my perception was that such a flight plan would have been more expensive.

Still... It's a fun idea to think about. However... if they wanted to send a secret probe to 'Planet X' they could just do so without telling us. All they would have to say was that it was a classified spy satellite... or something even more mundane. There'd be no reason to raise public awareness at all.

The probe is also covered on one side with what amounts to a 'heat shield'. Why would you need such a thing in space beyond the inner solar system?

top topics

join