It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macedonia erupts after young man beaten to death by special police in public square

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi there ... i'm from Macedonia and i 'm furious about event who took on square in capitol city in the evening of the elections.Some cop member of special forces went on a power trip and beathed to death young boy(22) who celebrates the win of his party in public square. Police try to cover up the murder but there was to many witneseses and yesterday they arrested the cop. 3 days in a row there is protests against police brutality and they will continue today .
Video form yesterday

22 year-old Martin Neshkovski was beaten to death early Monday morning on Skopje's Macedonia Square by a member of the Macedonian special police force 'Tigres.' After Sunday's snap parliamentary elections, celebrations went on Macedonia Square in the center of Skopje. Witnesses reported that they saw a 'young man being beaten to death by a member of the [special police force] "Alfa".' Only a few local media reported of the witnesses' statements without much importance. The spokesperson of the MOI said 'there is no such reported case.' However, the social media expressly organized themselves to protest against the silence and mysticism surrounding this case. As it was believed that the murdered man's name was Daniel, on Twitter the hashtag #daniel was and is still being used to coordinate protests. In today's press conference of the MOI it was revealed that the special police force member did in fact take action on the young man but 'was unaware of killing him.' It is believed that after hearing about the alleged murder, the 'Tigre' reported himself to the special police force chief and is currently giving a statement. Protests are currently ongoing in Macedonia Square with the hopes of raising awareness of police brutality. Several international and national NGOs have accused the Macedonian government of brutality and not respecting human rights.

www.boingboing.net...
edit on 9-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Good luck Macedonians, keep protesting, it will work in the end.

This reminds me of the Greece conflict which has been going on for over a year now.

Xavi1000, I wish you and your fellow countryman every bit of good fortune in your plight. May you be victorious over a brutal police force.

No Justice. No peace. F# the police.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Best of luck and power to the people. People every where are waking up to this bs. Public servants murdering people who they are supposed to be protecting.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The mother of death young man was visited by ruling party VMRO and tell her to keep quiet .Cover up of police was not sucessfull thanks to twitter , to eyewitnesses and fast reaction of young people .

Some info from Washington post before three days
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

edit on 9-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
my support gose out to you and your people. i have had pleanty of bad expierences with the police. # the pigs! off the pigs! send more cops we throw more rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Live stream from today protests
bambuser.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Macedonia was on the verge of civil war around 2001, with UN ''peacekeepers'' drafted in to stop the violence between the new country's army and the violent anti-State insurgents.

What's changed within the last 10 years ?

I find it hard to believe that this story is anything other than lower-class and uneducated people expressing themselves in the only way which they know how to: mindless violence.

Is there any deeper meaning to this story, other than the ''I want, I want, I want'' philosophy which is so abundant throughout the ''developed'' world ?

edit on 9-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Macedonia was on the verge of civil war around 2001, with UN ''peacekeepers'' drafted in to stop the violence between the new country's army and the violent anti-State insurgents.

What's changed within the last 10 years ?

I find it hard to believe that this story is anything other than ''lower-class and uneducated people expressing themselves in the only way which they know how to: mindless violence''.

Is there any deeper meaning to this story, other than the ''I want, I want, I want'' philosophy which is abounding throughout the ''developed'' world ?

LOL, this post has more lies than George Bush in 8 years mandate

In 2001 it was not civil war ..it was terorists sponsored and trained by US

Lower class? mindless violence ? Protests for now are peacefull and protesters are mostly students
developed world? ..come to Macedonia and you will see love, peace, hospitallity , and beatifull places

Stop with lies please and leave this thread

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
LOL, this post has more lies than George Bush in 8 years mandate

There are no lies in my posts.

2001 it was not civil war ..it was terorists sponsored and trained by US

Independent media organisations would beg to differ.

This was one of the biggest stories in the world, just prior to the 11th September terrorist attacks on the US. The chaos in southern Macedonia, with the ''blue hats'' already in that region of your country, was headline news in 2001.

Lower class? mindless violence ? Protests for now are peacefull and protesters are mostly students
developed world? ..come to Macedonia and you will see love, peace, hospitallity , and beatifull places

Sorry, mate... the truth is harsh.

People protest because they live in a fantasy world, and the fantasy world which they create is bogus.

People from the lower classes will always go down the road of mindless violence...

It's just the way that it is.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Errr Sherlock they aren't protesting because they want more gruel, did you read the opening post, they're protesting because a young man of 22 was brutally beaten to death by a pig who's mates subsequently tried to organise a cover up, so wtf is your problem with the protesters??
edit on 9-6-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yes there is lies in your post .

Which independent media organisations ? you teling me that you know more than me in my country and relying on "independent media organisations" ? My cousin was in that war ...shame on you Sherlock shame on you

People protest beacuse cop killed young men without reason and tryed to cover -up ..."serve and protect" became "beath and kill ". And protests are NON- VIOLENT. Please stop posting noncenses !

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I wish the citizens of the USA would grow a pair and start doing this.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

And the UK. But in the UK they would stand around and let the cops do it, then have a laugh about it down the pub / discussion forums afterwards.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
so wtf is your problem with the protesters??

Guaranteed that Mr. Sherlock is a pig.

And mods....I'll gladly take the warning for the off topic post.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Very nice photo from today protests

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Behave yourself...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by Thepreye

Behave yourself...

As my son said earlier, what?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Just as I thought.

No real ''revolution'' within your thoughts...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
As my son said earlier, what?

As my ''son'' said: what ?!

Behave yourself...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join