It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Of The Beast Solved

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
apology accepted... hothead pauthed.

i believe in god, and my idea of god is true to me. i don't want to convert anyone else to join my gang, because i don't have a gang, nor a book to worship.

i also have a sense of humour, and think laughter is what seperates us from the other animals. i've tried to tell the cat jokes, but he just doesn't get it.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
666...you guys are forgetting that 666 is the mark of a man, not meant to be the actual numbers.... sheeesh, and I'm not even Christian.....not supposed to be the numbers literal, and that way back then, the numbering system was different....even the days of the week are not the same now as they were then.....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I thought it was funny Stone! I like it - I to have my beliefs though and I agree that it's good to laugh at things..

As with 666, I read somewhere that it's all to do with the meanings of numbers in religeon, and it boils down to Man like LadyV said., or more accurately Man as God.

In The Ancient Hebrew Alphabet,
Certain numbers have an important meaning.

1 = GOD
6 = Man = Imperfection
7 = Perfection
8 = New Beginning
12 = Completion.

3 has a most important meaning as 3 = 1-1-1 = The Godhead
The 3-Fold Function of GOD in Relationship to Humanity.

1 - FATHER = CREATOR
1 - SON = SAVIOR
1 - HOLY SPIRIT = ENLIGHTENER

YHWH = The Creator, JESUS as Christ/ Savior and
The Holy Spirit who spiritually awakens us to The Reality of God.

Man As God/God As Man

666 = Man playing God: Imperfect Man playing
The Role of The Godhead [3]
Three Sixes.

6 = SELF - CREATOR
6 = SELF - SAVIOUR
6 = SELF - ENLIGHTNER

Taken from here

Scary stuff when you think of cloning and such like.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure 666 comes from adding together the numbers 1 thru 36. Six groups of Six, each individual numbered 1 thru 36.

My visual description (and a haiku): www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
666...you guys are forgetting that 666 is the mark of a man, not meant to be the actual numbers.... sheeesh, and I'm not even Christian.....

666 is the number of a man, not the mark!

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred and sixty six." (Revelation 17,18)

In Rev 13,17 you'll see that the mark and the number are separated by or, which means that they differ from each other; you cannot receive both the mark and the number:

"And that no man might buy or sell, except him that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." (Revelation 13,17)

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoneskull
I'm pretty sure 666 comes from adding together the numbers 1 thru 36. Six groups of Six, each individual numbered 1 thru 36.

My visual description (and a haiku): www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're right. In ancient Babylon they counted the number of their sun-god the same way: by counting 1+2+3 ... 34+35+36 = 666. Link

With the same simple counting method, you can count the number of the beast (which I believe belongs to the next pope): www.666beast.net...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not going to take sides on this one, but let me just point something out.

Many scholars of Biblical 'prophecy' and 'codes' regard the US as 'Babylon the Great' of Revelations fame. Just a thought

your mileage may vary

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I scanned 350 products yesterday at work. 174 in stock, 174 void, 1 out of stock (which was an in stock), and 1 void corrected (which also was an in stock). That leaves me with originally 176 in stock items and 174 void. Anyways, back to scanning 350 products yesterday. Yes, all products had a line appearing to be a '6' at the beginning, middle, and end. However, these three lines do not meet the criteria of the bar code system to represent a number. I'm sorry to bring this up, but I am not an evil entity. I sin all the time (and who doesn't), but I am not the spawn of Satan.

I am simply a marketer doing their job and scanning products for Corporate. Behind the bar codes there is a complex system of computer analysis designed for price changes. If you want to live in a world of no monetary value, then move into M. Night's "The Village" (great movie by the way, and it has me thinking...any takers?). I believe that the translation is that the mark of the beast must be accepted. I do not feel that the bar code system is anything that has reached the criteria of a mark being accepted, because I don't buy products because of the bar code.

As far as Denmark goes, I believe that there was word going around inside of the marketing world that they were wanting to change the bar code system to make it look less like '666' was being represented. However, yesterday I did come across at least one product that ended with '666' (not counting the final digit the is seperated to the right, because the is not as important as the middle 10), oddly enough it was a pack of generic razors. Symbolism? Maybe...but Denmark is wanting to get rid of the successive numerical chain of '666' in all products...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If you only knew how much good the Catholic church and Catholics do around the world for the poor, the orphaned, the disabled, the handicapped, the uneducated, the impoverished...

they also "helped" those little boys.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yes i agree with your article and it's position

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join