It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#killswitch - A Documentary Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just found out about this soon-to-be documentary, they are at the point where they are taking donations in order to finish making the film. It looks like its another top notch grassroots world-changing documentary...

Video trailer and more information at the link:

kickstart #killswitch

We are in the process of raising money to support the production and release of a full-length documentary film that seeks to revolutionize how the world understands the Internet and the Internet’s relationship to democracy.

Hopefully the filmmakers understand the difference between a democracy and a representative republic with democratic aspects...

Over the last six months, we have researched, filmed and edited hours of interviews from some of the foremost authorities on the Internet and media. Recognized and respected university professors, authors, bloggers, non-profit directors, and activists are among the first of the interviews completed thus far. With funding, we plan to interview lobbyists, politicians, government officials, and corporate media executives. The trailer is a sampling of some of this work.

www.killswitchthefilm.com

Just as the invention of the printing press ushered in the Enlightenment that tore down the tyrannical walls of the dark ages and that ignited democratic revolutions throughout the world, the internet currently provides the fuel for the revolutions in the Middle East, threatens to upend autocratic rule on a global scale, and awakens sleeping democracies.

But...what would happen if the democratic Internet as we know it, was instead controlled by a handful of Oligarchs? What if these same people had the power and authority to shut the Internet down at their whim and discretion?

Film Director Ali Akbarzadeh explores the real possibilities of this nightmare scenario in the highly anticipated, full length documentary '#killswitch.'

Revolutionary freedom is becoming mainstream at lightening pace...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
S&F.. The trailer is good and I look forward to it.. I just don't understand why they need $150,000. I know quality production has its costs, but decent releases like Esoteric Agenda, Kymatica, or Zeitgeist didn't have a "goal" that large (that I'm aware of)... If they're all professional filmmakers, then editing is just an hourly cost of their own time. A lot of the clips used are probably public access. I suppose the main cost is travel for private interviews, gear, and so forth..

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Yeah, I really don't know. They probably won't care if they get that much, but it will just be done sooner if they ask the public to speed up the production.

It also looks like they have a lot of really good animations and stuff, so not sure if they do that themselves or pay another person to do it.

Either way, I can't wait.

join