It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-life groups call for Pepsi boycott over aborted fetal cell lines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, at least chicken noodle soup is still safe... I hope..

Within hours of its press statement to LifeNews.com, the pro-life group received notice from Campbell Soup that the company has severed its ties with Senomyx. Juli Mandel Sloves, Senior Manager of Nutrition & Wellness Communications at Campbell Soup Company, told Vinnedge, “We are no longer in partnership with Senomyx. This fact was discussed during the Senomyx conference call with its investors earlier this month.”

source

As for the soda? Sorry. You people that drink something just because it 'tastes good'? Without knowing or caring the ramifications on not only your body, but society and the world as a whole? What can I say other than FAIL.

Think about how much water it takes every year to produce Pepsi and Coke (and other 'kool aids')... now think what that water could do in dry impoverished countries? See my point? It's just sick all the way around.

peace
edit on 10-6-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The water isn't going to go to dry, impoverished countries in ANY case. Who are you kidding here?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Still in all, the news shocked me and was a total wake up call. I find myself reading ingredients, but it's scary knowing there are things (and procedures) used that aren't advertised. This is just one example of a larger issue. TPTB think they can do what they wish if they keep us in the dark, at least here at ATS we can brag that we shed at least a little light on important issues. I don't know about you all, but I thought I was diligent about ingredients when I found out about the carcinogens in food... now I'm going to be doubly sure about what I feed my family.

Keep it up ATS!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Pepsi doesn't have fetus in it..

They use fetal cells to test which ingredients will interact with taste sensation so that they can make the pepsi taste better and be more addictive.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Man, that is nasty! human fetal abortions for pepsis taste??? correct me if im wrong, but isnt that kinda like introducing cannibalism to people??? unborn babys no less EWWWWW
its interesting too see pepsi has not updated its selling slogan since 1984* thier cheezy and some almost laughable. I stopped drinking soda, since joinging this forum 2 years ago, learned ALOT from here, how caustic soda can be, other harmful ingrideints.
I concur with the member here, who said drinking filtered urine would be better, choosing between that and pepsi. ti almost sounds like a drink hanibal lector would enjoy very much*

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ah. i see Miraj explained it for me..pepsi dosnt use embryonic cells in its product..still how do they test tae and addiction with aborted fetus's? Dosnt mean they can communicate with the mad scientists thier ya know

it sounds kinda like something dr.frankenstein would do, regarding pepsi's taste and addiciton research. I do relaize that having lets say, 40-50 individuals come in, and taste test can be obscure and random.too many variables to correct its products balance. what tastes good to you, dosnt to me.
But jkeeping people addicted? what are they, (pepsi) working hand in hand, competing with philip morris ciggs or something??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I`m just glad some people on ATS are becoming aware of what`s being done to the food supply. The more people become aware, the more likely laws will be overturned and changed for the better. All it takes is one voice to reverse what could turn into a Soylent Green Society of zombies.

on a side note: i wouldnt put anything past these companies. Coca Cola that put Cocaine in their Soft drinks during the 20`s and 30`s. When your a Billionaire Company it seems that anything goes.
edit on 11-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
To clarify, I am trying to boycott Pepsi because of their alliance with a company that uses aborted people in such a way, not because I believe they put fetuses in their soda.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Too bad about not actually having the cells in the soda. I bet it would go great with some chipotle bbq baby thighs. Babies are like veal people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

www.snopes.com... aine.asp They stopped using coc aine by 1929. There was never enough to do anything anyway, it was just a common ingredient in "elixers" which Coke was one of.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
whatever floats your boat.. most people would have a very different opinion but you probably knew that when you posted your comment, shock therapy for you maybe, sorry im not biting tonite.

Originally posted by Magnivea
Too bad about not actually having the cells in the soda. I bet it would go great with some chipotle bbq baby thighs. Babies are like veal people.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yes to quote Snopes if they are indeed an accurate source of information, we can`t indecisively say for sure.

quote:How much coc aine was in that `mere trace`is impossible to say.`unquote.

Originally posted by Magnivea

www.snopes.com... aine.asp They stopped using coc aine by 1929. There was never enough to do anything anyway, it was just a common ingredient in "elixers" which Coke was one of.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Pro-life fundy groups annoy me.
I think they should get a life and stop butting into other peoples.

How is educating the public on this issue equate to them 'butting into other people's business'??

I used to drink Pepsi by the gallon. But then kidney stones and Sjogrens put an abrupt halt to it. (pepsi, coke, etc cause kidney stones). After reading this info, if I still was able to drink Pepsi, I'd stop. This is just vile!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
on a side note: i wouldnt put anything past these companies. Coca Cola that put Cocaine in their Soft drinks during the 20`s and 30`s. When your a Billionaire Company it seems that anything goes.

What exactly is your agenda here? Cocaine was legal and medicinal at the time. Are you really trying to paint a company as evil for putting what was considered legal medicine in it's soft drink? They did stop, right? Why did they stop? Are you upset they stopped or are you upset they did it when it was considered ok to do anyway?

The biggest reason I ask what your agenda is is because I read enough responses by people saying they were disgusted about aborted fetuses being in their pepsi, which is not true, to see that the message you may have wanted to spread may not be the one being received.

You almost seem more anti-soda than anti-choice which is really odd but to each his own I suppose there. I am just curious what you really hope to gain here with the hyperbolic rhetoric about evil Coke and coc aine in relation to fetal stem cells being used in research.

Hell, I see two posts saying this is done to make Pepsi taste better or more addictive. Pepsi already tastes like Pepsi. They got that one.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wow ok...
Some people i`ve noticed on here like to argue just for the sake of being indifferent to a thread you`re obviously one of them.
As for my agenda, all i can say is what are you trying to suggest here. Cocaine may have been legal back then but you seem to be praising a company that clearly knew what Cocaine could do to a human being, before ordinary human beings even knew what it was.

We're talking about a Company that created a soft drink which included a drug. Im sorry kiddo but you cant tell me they had absolutely no idea what they were adding to their own product, only an idiot would invest thousands if not millions of dollars into a product without understanding what the potential effects on millions of People would be . Their ambitions were to 'hook people onto their product' so they'd keep on drinking it. and guess what it worked for a while until they could no longer legally get away with it. But everyone knows Sugar also acts like a drug and they put that in everything and i do mean everything. So please, think before you attack others here, its a thread about a company who is obviously not worthy of selling products for human consumption.

Originally posted by Antiquated1

What exactly is your agenda here? Cocaine was legal and medicinal at the time. Are you really trying to paint a company as evil for putting what was considered legal medicine in it's soft drink? They did stop, right? Why did they stop? Are you upset they stopped or are you upset they did it when it was considered ok to do anyway?

The biggest reason I ask what your agenda is is because I read enough responses by people saying they were disgusted about aborted fetuses being in their pepsi, which is not true, to see that the message you may have wanted to spread may not be the one being received.

You almost seem more anti-soda than anti-choice which is really odd but to each his own I suppose there. I am just curious what you really hope to gain here with the hyperbolic rhetoric about evil Coke and coc aine in relation to fetal stem cells being used in research.

Hell, I see two posts saying this is done to make Pepsi taste better or more addictive. Pepsi already tastes like Pepsi. They got that one.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Pro-life fundy groups annoy me.

I think they should get a life and stop butting into other peoples.

Too true. All this says to me is....Buy Pepsi.

Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Wow ok...
Some people i`ve noticed on here like to argue just for the sake of being indifferent to a thread you`re obviously one of them.
As for my agenda, all i can say is what are you trying to suggest here. Cocaine may have been legal back then but you seem to be praising a company that clearly knew what Cocaine could do to a human being, before ordinary human beings even knew what it was.

Wow indeed. Cocaine is over 5000 years old. It was in regular use and Coca-Cola never lied about having it in there. If you chose to drink it, your problem. I would be far more worried about the real world where the following happens.

A drug is regulated into nonuse. Then replacements need to be made. A major pharmaceutical company releases one of those replacements, knowing it will cause heart attacks and strokes in a certain number of people. Eventually the truth comes out, the drug is pulled, lawsuits are settled, and some people get some expensive funerals. In the long run, the short term profits outweigh the end cost so they go ahead with it.

You want to worry that Coke had coc aine in it and told people it had coc aine in it. If you did not know what coc aine did to you at the time then you should probably have avoided drinking it. Do you need a government agent to manage your sodium intake too?

We're talking about a Company that created a soft drink which included a drug. Im sorry kiddo but you cant tell me they had absolutely no idea what they were adding to their own product, only an idiot would invest thousands if not millions of dollars into a product without understanding what the potential effects on millions of People would be . Their ambitions were to 'hook people onto their product' so they'd keep on drinking it. and guess what it worked for a while until they could no longer legally get away with it. But everyone knows Sugar also acts like a drug and they put that in everything and i do mean everything. So please, think before you attack others here, its a thread about a company who is obviously not worthy of selling products for human consumption.

I do not know what you are talking about because you are going to be hard pressed to find a company that does not use sugar so if you are going to admittedly equate that with using coc aine as an ingredient, enjoy boycotting everything on the planet. I am going to have a nice refreshing Coke! It is the real thing ya know?

Would polar bears drink aborted fetus juice or coc aine in a can?
I think that is the most important question any of us can really ever ask. They wear scarves for crying out loud. You seem angry. Want a soda?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
theres an ethical line being crossed here , we accept this it sets a new president whats the next level after this . This moral relativism is sickening our entire society . If they were researching a cure for a disease this would be different but flavour enhancement with kidney cells . Hell, there's stories of fetal tissue being used in beauty products. Any one ever played Abe's Odyssey .

edit on 11-6-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So what's it like not knowing how to take a joke?

Sorry, I forgot I was on ATS and need to provide 9000 sources for everything until you find one suitable. From past experience no matter what the source is you'll just keep pushing whatever bizarre agenda you have. Unless I find some US government study showing when coc aine was removed from the recipe. I love those people. Oh, how I wish you're one of those.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks you two, lovely tag teaming your doing. But this thread is about the topic of the article not coc aine. I only brought it up as a side note about the sleeze ridden industry itself and the people who like yourselves/singular two accounts hard to tell, sorry no kudo's for you.

On another note, please play nice on this thread, there are people who genuinely care about what is being sold by big billion dollar industry. If you can't i'd suggest you play elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join