It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-life groups call for Pepsi boycott over aborted fetal cell lines

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i am pro choice, but i won't start drinking pepsi to annoy pro-lifers. i can't stand the taste of the stuff. yuck

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Is sounds like we're lving in the "Soylent Green" era, where will it end now that human material is used in cosmetics and food enhancements? I guess in a few years time will we not give it a second thought when we walk into the meat department of our local grocer and find neatly wrapped human flesh?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well that totally turned me off wanting to eat ANYTHING at all. Now i have a reason to get rid of that last 10 pds i've been wanting to lose. Honestly we dont need to eat or drink all this Crap anyways, all the Human body needs is to survive and function are the correct amount of Vitamins Minerals and Amino acids. Like that story well many stories i've read of how people survived for monthes without food and little water, it was their urine that kept them going. Thats how the men in wwii GB were trained to survive if they had to.But then there's the Big Meds trying to force drugs down peoples throats too for imaginary problems that dont exist like adhd, and that would unfortunately have a negative effect on the body, disenabling it to repair itself properly. These people, illuminati egregore are running everything, they own everything, they do whatever the hell they want. Only disconnecting from it will remove the effects of it, because what we believe affects everything in this reality.

Originally posted by ZackMorris

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by awareness10

Right, this is where you show us the evidence that Coke/Pepsi put baby foetus into their products.

Inferring that they do is libellous, to be blunt.

I understand what you're saying, but they DO put aborted fetus into the making of their product. It is a part of the process, and that is what I think a lot of people will have a problem with. The two just shouldn't be associated. I don't wanna be drinking my Pepsi and be thinking, "damn that taste good, god bless those that were sacrificed in order to perfect this taste, cause it just wasn't the same before they started using fetus technology. What the heck I'm a loyal Pepsi drinker, ill just stop wearing condoms in hopes that one day I too will be able to contribute a fetus to the harmlessly benevolent corporation." I personally wouldn't have a problem if the fetuses were used to save a life or something or do something more noble than making our snacks taste better, you know, if they were gonna die anyway. I mean, doesn't this open up an ethical can of worms? How much do they pay or do they pay for the fetuses? How far would they be willing to go to acquire fetuses or for a better price? How do we know they arent cloning fetuses and killing them over and over? When a human body becomes resource for profit, these mad scientist scenarios become possible at least in the minds of people like myself who become paranoid whenever a company starts using human body parts and profit from the misery, desperation and death of others. I don't even want to think about fetuses or abortions or the ruined, broken and destroyed (literally) lives associated with my snack. I'll definitely be checking labels from now on to avoid PepsiCo, Kraft, and Nestle and will be looking further into this. Although I wouldn't urge anyone else to do the same simply because of my own personal prejudices, its just a personal choice. It's not necessarily that the fetus is being mistreated, although it is being grossly disgraced and insulted, but its an association that I find to be disagreeable to my taste. Its a connection that just shouldn't exist. Maybe I'm being old fashioned and this will be the thing to do in a few years, but ill be the first to admit a reluctance to change from old habits...
edit on 9-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: to specify that ill be checking labels from said brands for the express purpose that i will be avoiding them. Also to explain further regarding "mad scientist" paranoia. Oh and a disclaimer as far as my decision to boycott. what can i say, if i had to hit the edit button i wanted to make it worth it. plus it goes to show how much some people, apparently, can make alterations to their statement so shortly after sending it. remember, what you see on the screen is not the be all end all of that person. we are constantly taking in new information, and also processing the information we already have which changes us, who we are, how we think, etc. Remember that next time you think someone is an idiot, thhey could just be grumpy or in an off mood

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Unfortunately thats been done already, there was a pig farm in bc pickton farms where the owners, two really mentally incapacitated guys were killing prostitutes and turning them into bacon then selling it to the public, it was a huge story, really disturbing but you think about the illuminati/zionist movie industry putting out movies like Soylent Green and you begin to see their agenda for the rest of us, who they really dont give a crap about and would rather we all dropped dead, of course after making them billionaires so they can better rule the planet with only 2 billion left. It's how freaks think and i hope to heck an astroid just ends the whole thing, i'd rather be awake and dead than dead and awake.

Originally posted by Chai_An
Is sounds like we're lving in the "Soylent Green" era, where will it end now that human material is used in cosmetics and food enhancements? I guess in a few years time will we not give it a second thought when we walk into the meat department of our local grocer and find neatly wrapped human flesh?

edit on 9-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
@Invariance: Fantastic research you've done into this article, its sure to muzzle a few who are insisting otherwise. I almost didnt post this because i knew what kind of reactions it would gather but, i am glad
i did, im sorry it affected you so deeply yet, you must be relieved knowing rather than not being aware
of what these crooked industries are pushing. They are experts at lying and covering up because they're
all part of the same agenda every other big billionaire industry is.

They really feel justified in feeding us all Garbage, yet they have their Organic Gardens, 'aka the white house' and they eat good food, thats why they all seem so much healthier than everyone else. We pay their bills, we are basically hiring them to kill us, even though most of us either don't realize it or are just catching wind of it.

As for the fetus' in food, i really believe now this is only one of many many things they've been doing to us as a whole, and im sure Monsanto has its claws in this as well, they play dirty, they haven't got a bone in their body
thats moral, and, this is but the tip of the iceberg. If there are any more companies out there, i would love to see
everyone add that to this list. For those who aren't alarmed well, you're obviously programmed so much so that you cant think on your own and your words are pre programmed unbenounst to you.

Originally posted by Invariance

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I found it hard to believe, so I researched. Nothing on MSM, but if you dig a bit, you can find more info. Trying to get past the pro-life sway and be unbiased here, I found Miami New Times who has interview information in their article.

Asked about the action alert, Rosenberg said, "We don't discuss details of our research, but you won't find anything on our website about HEK293." I asked Rosenberg if Senomyx had a position on stem cell research. "We've never been asked that," she replied, "We don't have a position on anything. We're dedicated to finding new flavors to reduce sugars and reduce salt. Our focus is to help consumers with diabetes or high blood pressure have a better quality of life."

The article goes on, but here's the PROPAGANDA:

The cells they're talking about have "technically" originated from aborted fetus cells, but it's not like scientists are putting fetus body parts into blenders while laughing. Think of the fetus cells as sort of "ancient ancestors" to the new cells that are readily used today as "building blocks" and receptors in many commonplace scientific experiments in universities, hospitals, and commercial labs.

I've drank Pepsi for years, and today I emptied my bottle into the sink. I read the information, I feel sick and I cried. The last quote above shows how they're trying to spoonfeed the public into an opinion that this is actually good for us? SICK!

Health Freedoms . org actually has a response letter from Pepsi, I will paste it entirely:

Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 4:00 PM
Subject: A Message from PepsiCo Consumer Relations 012652620A
“Thank you for contacting us to share your sincere concerns. Please know that we take very seriously the issues you raised. PepsiCo has a strong set of defined values we strive to live up to. Unfortunately, there is some misinformation being circulated related to research techniques that have been used for decades by universities, hospitals, government agencies, and private companies around the world. These claims are meant to suggest that human fetal tissue is somehow used in our research. That is both inaccurate and something we would never do or even consider.
It also is inaccurate to suggest that tissue or cells somehow are being used as product ingredients. That’s dangerous, unethical and against the law. Every ingredient in every one of our products is reviewed and approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. We hope this information is helpful and reassuring.
Thank you again for reaching out to us and allowing us to clarify the situation.”
Margaret Corsi Consumer
Relations Representative

But yet, at the above (Miami New Times) link, the research company not only admitted to using the tissue in researching flavor, they described how!

I will continue to try to find new information, but after seeing the blatant lies so lavishly spewed.. I don't believe big corporation for one second.

Thanks again awareness10 for Denying Ignorance!!!

edit on 9-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

"Cheers have a cup of dead fetus enjoy." It's as if you did not read your own post. Obviously you have a dislike for certain carbonated beverages. Pepsi being one of them. Being as both Coke & Pepsi were formulated long before you were born, "Cheers have a cup of dead fetus enjoy" has no basis in fact. It's just a bitter shock value statement void of truth.

I do support boycotting Pepsi because IMHO it is greatly inferior in both taste and quality of carbonation in comparison to Coca-Cola. Not only is Coca-Cola fetus-free, it comes from the friendly Coca-Cola bottlers who would like to teach the world to sing. It's the Real Thing. It's the Pause that Refreshes. And aside from being an excellent carbonated beverage, Coca-Cola is so popular that their many trademarked, logo clad items, ads, bottles, signs & dispensers (etcetera) are among the most popular and widely collected ephemeral in the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
They used cells to develop laboratory equipment and or procedures to test how flavor enhancers interact with cells. Headline is giving a false impression. Pepsi is not using aborted cells in flavor enhancers. The fetal cells are already there. The choice is either throw them out or make use of them. No woman is aborting her baby just so labs can use them. But the cells are certainly not being used as flavor enhancers. Tell the truth but don’t twist the facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why, you're beginning to sound like a COCA COLA SPOKES PERSON, yes Coke is The One,, Um isn't Coke also the One they used to put real COKE in, as in Cocaine? oh my yes it really is the REAL THING. If you like coke so much go have a bottle and clean out your intestines, while your at it clean out your toilet bowl as well.

reply to post by LargeFries

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Read what was said by the others here, cause all i can see from you is BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
They used cells to develop laboratory equipment and or procedures to test how flavor enhancers interact with cells. Headline is giving a false impression. Pepsi is not using aborted cells in flavor enhancers. The fetal cells are already there. The choice is either throw them out or make use of them. No woman is aborting her baby just so labs can use them. But the cells are certainly not being used as flavor enhancers. Tell the truth but don’t twist the facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
@ awareness10 Thanks for the kudos, but I really had to know for myself... Mamma taught me 2 lessons I'll never forget -NEVER assume and get the facts.... I guess that's what makes me a conspiracy factualist

Sometimes in order to deny ignorance, we must bring to light important issues, never hesitate and never regret posting what you think is important... sometimes the truth hurts.

Whether or not there are actual cells IN the food remains to be proven or dis-proven... however, I have noticed (theories aside) that big companies are never truthful about anything they do!
The fact remains they are being used to enhance flavor
Stem cells are in vaccines and people don't know they're there -FACT
What's disturbing the most is they can complain our countries' citizens are becoming obese, but they add refined sugar six-ways-from-sunday to just about everything -FACT
They complain about how sick people are getting and yet they put carcinogens in our food -FACT

They're doing so much to us right now that they don't have to advertise because of our laws. The real issue is that they know if the general public knew, the companies would be out of business within a year. But alas I digress in this interesting issue at large, I'm not trying to derail your post.

Here are some other notes of interest I found after digging further:

Senomyx works with many food companies, interestingly Campbell's (yes the soups) has severed their ties with this company as a result of the pro-life campaign.
Not to get religious here, but these pro-life-ers are typically associated with them. Catholicvote . org posted part of a letter from Campbell's sent to these pro-life groups when they contacted them:

Juli Mandel Sloves, Senior Manager of Nutrition & Wellness Communications at Campbell Soup Company: “We are no longer in partnership with Senomyx. This fact was discussed during the Senomyx conference call with its investors earlier this month.”

According to Life News . com, some other companies doing the same thing as Pepsi are Kraft Foods, Solae and Nestlé. That site also goes on to say that a not only are these companies funding Senomyx research, Senomyx is also obtaining royalties from the products.

The very idea that these flavors are genetically engineered makes my skin crawl. And at just about every site I looked at said that it is really unnecessary to use this kind of tissue for this research as there are other options out there that can provide the same results.

Kind of reminds me of that part on the matrix where Neo wakes up and gets told that the dead are liquefied and fed to the living.. are we really that far away? Maybe, maybe not. No matter how you look at it, it's an ethical issue, but I find it appalling that it is an unnecessary approach to achieve the same results as other companies not so embroiled in such a debate.

Moral of the story? Stay away from artificial flavors, genetically modified ingredients and processed foods.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You see blah blah blah because you don't want to hear the truth. You want sensationalist topics evidently.

Deny ignorance, for once?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I'm more interested in exactly how they're using stem cells to develop "flavor enhancers." I'm... intrigued.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ok maybe saying blah blah blah was a bit rude i should have not responded at all to your ignorant statement, there's a lot of info already posted by other members, Invariance for one has followed up quite nicely on this therefore i would advise you go walk your fingers over and read some of them, i'm not your babysitter im not going to go do it for you sorry. Come on you can do it

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

You see blah blah blah because you don't want to hear the truth. You want sensationalist topics evidently.

Deny ignorance, for once?

edit on 10-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
probably Coke too.. ugh... I wonder if Santa knows about this.

Oh good, another totally factual 'pro-life' cult propaganda article?

Originally posted by awareness10
Cheers have a cup of dead fetus enjoy.

Hang on, I have this huge glass of fundamentalist cult propaganda to finish first.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I'm more interested in exactly how they're using stem cells to develop "flavor enhancers." I'm... intrigued.

I truly hope you find out because I was intrigued too. I really was pretty curious. Heck, just an excuse to pick on Pepsi sounded good. Then I got to the above quoted line and realized exactly what I was about to get. I hope you find better.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
Not only is Coca-Cola fetus-free, it comes from -

Am I the only one curious to see that ad campaign?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Just my aborted human beings worth.

Those in the WOMB have little choice on evidence, on whether they are born and meet other human beings or whether a Dr with forceps rips their life from them.
A bit like choosing Pepsi and Poison.
All the pro choice people never choose poison for themselves ....only those who can't choose for themselves?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

@ awareness10 Thanks for the kudos, but I really had to know for myself... Mamma taught me 2 lessons I'll never forget -NEVER assume and get the facts.... I guess that's what makes me a conspiracy factualist

Sometimes in order to deny ignorance, we must bring to light important issues, never hesitate and never regret posting what you think is important... sometimes the truth hurts.

Whether or not there are actual cells IN the food remains to be proven or dis-proven... however, I have noticed (theories aside) that big companies are never truthful about anything they do!
Stem cells are in vaccines and people don't know they're there -FACT
What's disturbing the most is they can complain our countries' citizens are becoming obese, but they add refined sugar six-ways-from-sunday to just about everything -FACT
They complain about how sick people are getting and yet they put carcinogens in our food -FACT

have a few moments I have a few moments here to add a few lines,. But i wanted to address one point you've included here. This is but one,as there are so many. I just came across an article about Nutella, here it shows that even their own award winning Nutrionists are lying about what they're selling to the public, and most affected are children. Here's and excerpt:
www.parentdish.com...

Shocking as this may sound, chocolate may not be the most healthful choice for your kid's breakfast.

Not surprised? California mom Athena Hohenberg says she was, and now she's suing the makers of Nutella, claiming she believed the popular sandwich spread was a nutritious treat, but discovered it's actually loaded with sugar and saturated fat, Fox News reports.

In the suit filed in San Diego federal court, Hohenberg says she was "shocked to learn that Nutella was in fact, not 'healthy, nutritious' food, but instead was the next best thing to a candy bar, and that Nutella contains dangerous levels of saturated fat," according to Fox.

On its website, Nutella markets its cocoa and hazelnut spread as an idea for busy moms trying to "nourish their children with whole grains," adding that "Nutella can form a part of a balanced meal."

These claims are presented as coming from Nutella's "expert," Connie Evers M.S., R.D., an "award-winning, registered dietitian, children's nutrition expert and mother of three."

According to the nutrition label listed on the website, a two-tablespoon serving of Nutella contains 200 calories, 11 grams of total fat and 3.5 grams of saturated fat. The spread's ingredients are listed as: sugar, palm oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals whey (milk), lecithin as emulsifier (soy) and vanillin, an artificial flavor. [[[Soy is in everything and upon finding out what havoc it causes, and i have had a nasty experience with it myself, is monstrous to think they're getting away with it on a daily basis in almost every kind of food and drink out there]]].

The suit points out that saturated fat has been shown to be a cause of heart disease, while processed sugar has been shown to cause type 2 diabetes.
If you haven't heard of the harcombe diet, you may enjoy a read. This woman knows what she's talking about and has massive amounts of information on what they put in our food and drink supply and what to avoid in order to be healthy and at their proper weight as should everyone rightfully be.

After they changed the food pyramid in 1977 the obesity levels in people went up and havent gone down since. As you said, heart disease cancers, diabetes etc is due to those running the show telling us what is and isnt good for us, and lying through their teeth about it. Eggs for example are excellent in protein yet, for years and years they've told us it's bad fat and should not be eaten. Now we're all finding out otherwise.

www.theharcombediet.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I wanted to address this part and the FACTS you posted again along with the other half of your post below I hope people read this,
every point of this is all FACT people and its the way the world is heading so to turn away and say its not happening or it couldnt possibly be true is to be naive.

--Stem cells are in vaccines and people don't know they're there -FACT

--What's disturbing the most is they can complain our countries' citizens are becoming obese, but they add refined sugar six-ways-from-sunday to just about everything -FACT

--They complain about how sick people are getting and yet they put carcinogens in our food -FACT

They're doing so much to us right now that they don't have to advertise because of our laws. The real issue is that they know if the general public knew, the companies would be out of business within a year. But alas I digress in this interesting issue at large, I'm not trying to derail your post.

I agree, which reminds me of a quote by Bush Sr. who said that 'If the American Public knew what we Bush's have done to them, they'd chase us down and lynch us in the streets'. Yet no one seems to have even paid much attention to that very eye opening statement, makes you wonder why. The masses are truly brainwashed by the Media, everything from what we eat to what we wear and how we behave'.

Here are some other notes of interest I found after digging further:

Senomyx works with many food companies, interestingly Campbell's (yes the soups) has severed their ties with this company as a result of the pro-life campaign.
Not to get religious here, but these pro-life-ers are typically associated with them. Catholicvote . org posted part of a letter from Campbell's sent to these pro-life groups when they contacted them:

Juli Mandel Sloves, Senior Manager of Nutrition & Wellness Communications at Campbell Soup Company: “We are no longer in partnership with Senomyx. This fact was discussed during the Senomyx conference call with its investors earlier this month.”

According to Life News . com, some other companies doing the same thing as Pepsi are Kraft Foods, Solae and Nestlé. That site also goes on to say that a not only are these companies funding Senomyx research, Senomyx is also obtaining royalties from the products.

They remind me of Leeches, they grab on and then suck the life out of you until there's nothing left and then some.

The very idea that these flavors are genetically engineered makes my skin crawl. And at just about every site I looked at said that it is really unnecessary to use this kind of tissue for this research as there are other options out there that can provide the same results.

And it should, these Companies have been around for a long time, and im sure they've been doing this much longer than we believe. They've only just begun to make it legal due to the changes in acceptance by people, due again to the media bliss. Creating a society of sheep entrancing them into the fold their own twisted ideals.

Kind of reminds me of that part on the matrix where Neo wakes up and gets told that the dead are liquefied and fed to the living.. are we really that far away? Maybe, maybe not. No matter how you look at it, it's an ethical issue, but I find it appalling that it is an unnecessary approach to achieve the same results as other companies not so embroiled in such a debate

That image has gone through my mind a few times as well. It's almost like these big wigs are playing with us, laughing at us through movies. They also use the Media to herd us into creating what they want. What we believe we create, the power of intention. Web bot is another example. They really are just that little man behind the curtain pushing our buttons and creating a false sense of security while destroying us out in the open.
Moral of the story? Stay away from artificial flavors, genetically modified ingredients and processed foods.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

ABORTED human fetuses intended for human consumption are being sold for as little as ¥31 in the Chinese city of Shenzhen, according to reports in Hong Kong yesterday.

www.churchofeuthanasia.org...
In todays society and so much stuff coming from china you have probably done worse than drink a soda tested on fetus.

I am pro life and i think if ignorant people were fixed as to not reproduce abotion would not be a everday political dispute.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just read that Nestle is also partners with that company. Guess I'm sticking to juice.
edit on 10-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join