It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Pro-life groups call for Pepsi boycott over aborted fetal cell lines

page: 1
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There are way too many people drinking pop including some people i know here, and this just takes the cake, so here's to all out there who love their Pepsi, and probably Coke too.. ugh... I wonder if Santa knows about this.

here's an exerpt:
LARGO, Florida, May 26, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Scores of prolife groups are calling for a public boycott of food giant, PepsiCo, due to its partnership with Senomyx, a biotech company that uses aborted fetal cells in the research and development of artificial flavor enhancers.

LifeSiteNews previously reported on Senomyx’s partnership with major food corporations, most notably PepsiCo, Kraft Foods, and Nestlé.

Pro-life watchdog group, Children of God for Life (CGL), is now joined by major pro-life organizations calling upon the public to target PepsiCo in a boycott.

Pepsi is funding the research and development, and paying royalties to Senomyx, which uses HEK-293 (human embryonic kidney cells) to produce flavor enhancers for Pepsi beverages.

“Using isolated human taste receptors we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor,” says the Senomyx website.

“What they do not tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” stated Debi Vinnedge, President for CGL, the watch dog group that has been monitoring the use of aborted fetal material in medical products and cosmetics for years.

The aborted fetal cells are not in the product itself. However, “there are many options PepsiCo could be using instead of aborted fetal cells,” noted Vinnedge.





www.lifesitenews.com...




posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wew thank the heavens I like Dr. Pepper. Or does that apply to this as well?



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10
 


Thanks for the information (it's good to know), but it doesn't really bother me in all honesty.

Better than letting the stardust go to waste via decomposition.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Pro-life fundy groups annoy me.

I think they should get a life and stop butting into other peoples.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well they annoy me too amongst billions of others, much like the Gov't really, annoying ##### but upon seeing the word fetus it turned my stomach at the thought of watching people i know drink it in front of me. Cheers have a cup of dead fetus enjoy.

Another point is these companies are getting away with getting people to drink crap, eat crap 'MONSTER SANTO' and slipping this stuff by without much ado, could you imagine what they'll be shovelling you in the Super Market 10 years from now? oh boy i can only imagine, then people will cry about it, but it will be much too late because no one will have freedom of speech to say a damn thing.



Originally posted by lifecitizen
Pro-life fundy groups annoy me.

I think they should get a life and stop butting into other peoples.

edit on 9-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I find it disgusting enough when i hear or see someone crack open a can of Coke or pepsi or w.e as it is, let alone knowing it has fetus in it, no doubt the idiots will still keep drinking it even if they read this, as for the guy who said about dr pepper, looks who its owned by and who produces dr pepper.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ran out of Pepsi and only coke left

time to drink my own piss



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7
 


I'd go as far to say as drinking unfiltered piss is probably better for you than coke or pepsi.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well its probably healthier for you, i know the guys in the Millitary
know about it, how do you think they survive without water when
they run out?



Originally posted by muse7
Ran out of Pepsi and only coke left

time to drink my own piss



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10
 


So theoretically a woman can go legally murder her baby... oops, I mean get an abortion, and then she stands the chance of drinking a soda that has cells from her aborted baby in it? That's crazy, and also very ironic if it actually happens.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Thank god its not actually in the drink itself, i had all these strange ideas about pepesi being the taste of "the new generation"
then soylent green jumped to mind...
en.wikipedia.org...
makes you think about the pepsi mottos though the ages in a whole new light....


1909-1939: Delicious and Healthful
1939-1950: Twice As Much For A Nickel Too
1950-1963: The Light Refreshment
1953-1961: Be Sociable
1961-1963: Now It's Pepsi For Those Who Think Young
1963-1967: Come Alive! You're In The Pepsi Generation
1967-1969: Taste That Beats The Others Cold
1969-1973: You've Got A Lot To Live, Pepsi's Got A Lot To Give
1973-1975: Join The Pepsi People Feelin' Free
1975-1978: Have A Pepsi Day
1978-1981: Catch That Pepsi Spirit
1981-1982: Pepsi's Got Your Taste For Life!
1983-1983: Pepsi Now!
1984-now: Pepsi, The Choice Of A New Generation

edit on 9-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10
 


I don't think many of you are actually reading the link and instead focusing excessively on the word FOETUS.


aborted fetal cells aren’t actually in the product itself


It doesn't get clearer than that, the cells are used in a method of scientifically analysing "taste". I expect the company who have pioneered this clever technique have been contracted by many other companies aside from Pepsi too. The drink itself has nothing to do with CELLS obtained from a foetus, don't be fooled by the pro-life propaganda.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Then maybe they should be Marketing this Crap as a toilet bowl cleaner instead, works like a charm yet people injest this rubbish daily. Work that one out in your mind. Who knows what else they actually put in it, but it's definately unsafe for human consumption. Besides what makes you trust the Pepsi/Coke industry so much you should trust anything they say?



Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by awareness10
 


I don't think many of you are actually reading the link and instead focusing excessively on the word FOETUS.


aborted fetal cells aren’t actually in the product itself


It doesn't get clearer than that, the cells are used in a method of scientifically analysing "taste". I expect the company who have pioneered this clever technique have been contracted by many other companies aside from Pepsi too. The drink itself has nothing to do with CELLS obtained from a foetus, don't be fooled by the pro-life propaganda.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Oh thats good! nice observation, i like the last bit, a new generation of Cells maybe. Now we get to choose the
Nationality too



Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Thank god its not actually in the drink itself, i had all these strange ideas about pepesi being the taste of "the new generation"
then soylent green jumped to mind...
en.wikipedia.org...
makes you think about the pepsi mottos though the ages in a whole new light....


1909-1939: Delicious and Healthful
1939-1950: Twice As Much For A Nickel Too
1950-1963: The Light Refreshment
1953-1961: Be Sociable
1961-1963: Now It's Pepsi For Those Who Think Young
1963-1967: Come Alive! You're In The Pepsi Generation
1967-1969: Taste That Beats The Others Cold
1969-1973: You've Got A Lot To Live, Pepsi's Got A Lot To Give
1973-1975: Join The Pepsi People Feelin' Free
1975-1978: Have A Pepsi Day
1978-1981: Catch That Pepsi Spirit
1981-1982: Pepsi's Got Your Taste For Life!
1983-1983: Pepsi Now!
1984-now: Pepsi, The Choice Of A New Generation

edit on 9-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10
 


Right, this is where you show us the evidence that Coke/Pepsi put baby foetus into their products.

Inferring that they do is libellous, to be blunt.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10
 


My favourite would have to be this one
1963-1967: Come Alive! You're In The Pepsi Generation
or should that be

come alive you're in the pepsi...
.
now you got me thinking of coke mottos too..damm
so instead of coke is it... it might be

coke, you're it..

yes i know that the cells arnt in the drink, but it dosnt stop a fertile imagination having some fun


edit on 9-6-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by awareness10
 


I don't think many of you are actually reading the link and instead focusing excessively on the word FOETUS.


aborted fetal cells aren’t actually in the product itself


It doesn't get clearer than that, the cells are used in a method of scientifically analysing "taste". I expect the company who have pioneered this clever technique have been contracted by many other companies aside from Pepsi too. The drink itself has nothing to do with CELLS obtained from a foetus, don't be fooled by the pro-life propaganda.


noted



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I've never had a problem with the use of fetal matter when used in the interests of stem cell research. Always thought that if some good can come out of a poor unwanted pregnancy then better than a complete waste of potential life, but this honestly takes the stomach churning piss.
WTF?



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by muse7
 


I'd go as far to say as drinking unfiltered piss is probably better for you than coke or pepsi.


Yes that's my take on it too tbh.



posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Errr No, i didnt write the article i just posted it, therefore i cannot give you evidence that Pepsi or Coke is putting cell material in their products, although, i really wouldnt put it past them. As i said i can justly confer however that it really cleans my toilet great, strips all the lime right off it in less than 15 hrs, so think of what it does to your intestinal tract liver and holy roller knows what else ha! I trust these companys about as much as i trust the American Gov't. Nuff Said.


Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by awareness10
 


Right, this is where you show us the evidence that Coke/Pepsi put baby foetus into their products.

Inferring that they do is libellous, to be blunt.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join