It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks : US bid to "shore up" Harper from the day he was elected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

WikiLeaks : US bid to "shore up" Harper from the day he was elected

creekside1.blogspot.com

An embassy cable written by US Ambassador David Wilkins the day the Cons were first elected in 2006 suggests Harper would be useful in advancing the US agenda for Canada and that giving him " a success story" like the softwood lumber deal would "shore up" his ability to stay in office without appearing to "sell out to the Americans".
It's pretty well a quid pro quo blueprint for every Canada-US initiative Harper has dutifully followed ever since.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This article felt so surreal when I first went over it. Not only does it confirm everything that I've ever said, wrote or thought about Harper's government, but it also corresponds with what I've studied about American involvement/lobbying of our federal government (most significantly starting with Mulroney).

This article is posted on a few blogs. If anyone can find a better source, please post it.

Here are some excerpts (recorded of US Ambassador Divid Wilkins):

"The election of a new government, after thirteen years of Liberal rule, presents opportunities for advancing U.S. interests in such areas as law enforcement and continental security, and in developing Canada as a more useful partner in the Hemisphere and around the globe.
Significantly, the socially liberal core values of the opposition are more in line with most Canadians than the minority Conservatives, weakening their mandate even further.
Given a relatively weak mandate and tenuous hold on power, Harper will move deliberately but cautiously to get a few successes under his belt before doing anything even remotely bold. "

"Another area where the new government will seek engagement will undoubtedly be border security. Finding a few high-profile SPP-type deliverables to improve cross border movement of goods and services would help our image here as well as shore up Harper's credentials. Laying this groundwork would then open the way for progress on cross-border law enforcement initiatives of interest to us, such as enhanced information-sharing, joint maritime operations, and more robust counter-narcotics efforts."

There is just so much more in this article that needs to be read by anyone concerned with the future of North America and Canadian sovereignty.

They even go into how the US has forced dual-citizenship Canadians out of work in our defense industry because of security concerns (heard of this before, but still). It's called International Traffic in Arms Regulations www.fmc-law.com...

creekside1.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

PS And yes, it is Wikileaks. It also has links to both files cited.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Send this to every news agency including MSMs demanding that they cover it in their news.I'm doing it now myself. Might not make a bit of difference, but I'm gonna try.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Hey man, thanks for posting this. This guy is the guy I love to hate.

I always chuckle when another of his slimy tactics gets exposed. I have created many threads on it, but I won't derail yours by posting mine.

Every time his name comes up it has to do with something snake like. I can't seem to find one thing I can agree with him on, and believe me I have tried. It seems every "good" thing he does, is to trick us and disguise something more sinister he is plotting. He is a true NWO stooge. Please forgive my rant without links or sources. Feel free to request some if you don't believe me.

Star and Flag OP

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You know, I learned a lot about this guy since I started going to university. One of my instructors advised me to read up on him before spouting the common reactionary rhetoric about him.

"Harperland" is a good read. Harper's government got into power because of Liberal incompetence, and proved to be new at the game. Harper actually really wanted to stay awar from the image of being the US's puppet, even on a personal level. I guess it didn't take much to buy him after he managed to organize a government with a real chokehold on Canada (Stephan Dion didn't seem to be much help either in leashing Harper solely in Canada's affairs).

Seriously, even reading about Harper's life is just... well, it's basically like understanding the psychology of the political leader of Canada. Know why he is so damn popular with conservative-minded people? It's because this guy is a hockey buff. He takes his kids to hockey on a regular basis, and acts like an average father while doing it. Even when younger, he used to be the guy who sits in the corners at parties, thinking.

I'm not going to BS anyone, I think Harper is a pro at what he is doing. I'm not saying I agree with his policies in the least, but he's basically king of Canada right now and I don't see anyone toppling him anytime soon. US backing him will be at an all-time high now, considering his majority government.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I hate to admit it, but you're right. He is the king of Canada and has the mighty USA, big oil, and banks/corporations behind him. Regrettably he is part of the well built machine meant to change our continent and world as we know it.

Is Harperland a book or an article? I wouldn't mind giving it a read, if I can stomach it

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I hate to admit it, but you're right. He is the king of Canada and has the mighty USA, big oil, and banks/corporations behind him. Regrettably he is part of the well built machine meant to change our continent and world as we know it.

Is Harperland a book or an article? I wouldn't mind giving it a read, if I can stomach it

www.harperland.ca...

It's a book. It also goes into a lot of detail about Harper's neo-conservative evolution of what the conservative party used to be. Also talks a lot about other conservative figures and controversies.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Do not think for a minute that a lot of his conservative voters won't be angered about this news. His New World Orders cronies will stick by him and so will Corporate business owners, but not most of the others. Get this article out to every Canadian and American citizen.NOW.
I am tamping mad. Sons of b#####s.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
No kidding. This is just more documented proof that Harper is a sellout and a puppet of the NWO to destroy Canada and make it submit to the bankers and the NAU.

Screw Harper and all his followers.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Harper's version of Protestanism shares common values with American Fundamentalists, they believe that it is their God given destiny to turn this side of the Atlantic into a Christian empire. I fear the 2012 US elections because the next president will suffer the same delusion.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sorry to ask but do you have a more reliable source than this?
I want to send this out to as many people as possible, but not if it comes from a blog

please assist

Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The blog still links to the two Wikileaks files cited. There's many blogs with the same article too so do a search and take your pick. I doubt many mainstream sources will report this anyways.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Stephen Harper makes Canada feel gloomy to me. I can't believe people got fooled into voting for that clown.
He is steering this country backwards.The U.S.A. seems to be decriminalizing across there country. While our country seems to be heading back into the stone age. Mandatory minimums of 2 years for growing 3 plants A PLANT!!
He is crazy c'mon its a plant Steve.More jails longer sentences bigger tax breaks to the corporations and we have to wait for ours!! What a kind of a monkey spank thinks more jails and longer sentences is going to solve anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
my dad has been saying that haper is just a mimicer of obama, i was never terribly convinced but it does seem that way now, deffinatly with this wiki leaks cables, hes just a puppet

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Stephen Harper makes Canada feel gloomy to me. I can't believe people got fooled into voting for that clown.
He is steering this country backwards.The U.S.A. seems to be decriminalizing across there country. While our country seems to be heading back into the stone age. Mandatory minimums of 2 years for growing 3 plants A PLANT!!
He is crazy c'mon its a plant Steve.More jails longer sentences bigger tax breaks to the corporations and we have to wait for ours!! What a kind of a monkey spank thinks more jails and longer sentences is going to solve anything.

You're right, Cincinatti (sp?) just decriminalized. We would have decriminalized nationally in 2002 if it wasn't for American pressure on Chretien to pull a 180 on the idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yea i remember that.It was just suppose to be a small fine and then the American pressure started then wham $500 dollar fine no record under an ounce .It was going to be a decriminalization.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A thought just occurred to me glue two bolts on the side of Steven Harper's neck an wola Frankenstein.dose any one elts feel that way. Any man who shakes his kids hand sending him off to school instead of a hug sends me a bad message.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Send this to every news agency including MSMs demanding that they cover it in their news.I'm doing it now myself. Might not make a bit of difference, but I'm gonna try.

lol you still think we have a free press.

Great find OP SnF and 100% dead on

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to paPost by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Sadly i lost my faith in all of the parties
I voted for the NDP this may and WTF moment Harper won all the votes in a single night? there are 40 Million Canadians how can CTV,CBC have announced that Harper own again?

That moment i felt my vote was thrown away into the trash, after the polls were closed at 9PM thats why on here i keep stating democracy is fake, they already know who was going to win, maybe i shouldn't have bothered of voting.

Your votes wont matter, since they already the computerized results.

Star and flag Dimitri
edit on 10-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to paPost by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Sadly i lost my faith in all of the parties
I voted for the NDP this may and WTF moment Harper won all the votes in a single night? there are 40 Million Canadians how can CTV,CBC have announced that Harper own again?

That moment i felt my vote was thrown away into the trash, after the polls were closed at 9PM thats why on here i keep stating democracy is fake, they already know who was going to win, maybe i shouldn't have bothered of voting.

Your votes wont matter, since they already the computerized results.

Star and flag Dimitri
edit on 10-6-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Yep me and the wife voted NDP too but your right our votes are worthless most of us dont even bother anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join