It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Crashes into the Sun as a Massive CME is unleashed, 2 times in 10 Days - ELENIN related?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am not sure what forum this goes to, thought maybe space exploration, but it isn't really exploration material, so mods, please move if you feel appropriate.

Source

A sun-watching spacecraft has recorded views of an ill-fated comet plunging into the sun just after a huge solar eruption — the second time in 10 days that a comet dive-bombed Earth's star during a solar storm.

I am writing this thread to get your opinion about the recent comet collisions with the Sun and the Coronal Mass Ejections or CMEs that occured. The scientists say that the comet's collision with the sun is not what caused the CME, but just happened to occur at the same time due to coincidence.

After watching the following video, I am not sure I agree with that:

See Comet collision with Sun and CME here

This is the same event, but in youtube format:

This dramatic series of events followed closely on the heels of a similar spectacle less than two weeks earlier. Between May 10 and May 11, NASA's SOHO spacecraft spotted a different comet diving toward the sun, never to be seen again. A massive CME erupted at about the same time

To me it looks like the comet could have been the cause for the CME. I have not heard of comets hitting the sun with great frequency, but I am sure they must, because there wasn't a huge deal about this recent event - though that could be because they want to keep it quiet.

Scientists think the confluence of solar storms and suicidal comets is purely coincidental. There is no evidence of any physical connection between the two, NASA officials have said. [Video: Comet Dive Bombs Sun During Eruption]

So there is no direct evidence that the comet and the CME are related, but is there any evidence that the comet may have been pushed closer to the Sun by the approaching 'Elenin'? I am not trying to reach or fear monger, just trying to connect some things and see if it makes any sense.

Both of the recent kamikaze comets are thought to belong to the so-called Kreutz family of comets. Kreutz comets have orbits that approach within a few hundred thousand miles of the sun.

So these comets come within a few hundred thousand miles of the Sun, sounds pretty close. Is it close enough for them to be nudged into a direct path by an outside body, such as Elenin? If they were pushed just a little, would that allow the Sun's gravity to pull them into a terminal path toward the Sun? It seems plausible, based off what little I know.

If this is the case it would put a new danger out there we need to be paying close attention to, not that there would be much we could do if a massive comet slammed the Sun, causing an unprecedented CME to be deployed our way.

If the CME's are found to be linked to the comet collisions, regardless whether Elenin or any other cosmic body caused the occurrance, we definitely need to pay close attention to what is impacting our Sun and why it is happening.

Should the worst case scenario come true we would all be vaporized anyway, but if we can track comets and there path, we may be able to avoid damage from other CMEs that would normally leave us much less time to react as they occur.

The following is from Aug 2010:

This is a very strange video that I am not real sure what to make of it. Any Ideas what this could be?:

edit on 9-6-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I am writing this thread to get your opinion about the recent comet collisions with the Sun and the Coronal Mass Ejections or CMEs that occured. The scientists say that the comet's collision with the sun is not what caused the CME, but just happened to occur at the same time due to coincidence.

After watching the following video, I am not sure I agree with that:

edit on 9-6-2011 by esteay812 because: tyops

Given the velocity of the comet and the fact that the CME took place as the comet hit I would have to say that I would think they are unrelated. I would expect that a shock wave travelling through the sun would not transmit the force instantly but would take a moment to pass through.

I could be wrong though.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
These comets must be orbiting nemesis just like elenin/nibiru... Right now we are probably getting some of the outer orbiting material coming nearby. good thing the sun swallows up much of it. So far anyway... Dun dun dunnnn!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The comets are so puny in relation to the Sun that an impact would do nothing. Kinetics and gravity, the only things "scientists" "know" about, will calculate that something so small could not cause a mass of millions of times its own to be ejected, WITHOUT SOME OTHER FORCE BEING INVOLVED.

Comets have electrical charge. The Sun is electric. When a comet gets close enough, and how close depends on how much charge it has, an electric arc will go from the Sun to the comet. This drags the CME with it. They are not crashing into the Sun and "splashing" material out from the Sun, the Sun "reaches out" to the comet and vaporizes it before it hits.

A comet with a lot of charge on it, doesn't have to get this close for this to happen....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

hmmm, not sure if I agree.

The comets are much smaller than the sun, overall. That doesn't mean that the energy carried or released by the comets would be less effective than if it were to hit another cosmic body at the same trajectory and velocity.

It simply mean that the sun could take many more hits, since the surface area is so large in comparison to other bodies in our Solar system.

An immense impact on the surface of the sound could, plausibly, cause a massive consequence. Because the sun is so large, in relative terms, it could take many more devastating impacts and continue to produce possible severe consequences.

A lesser cosmic body may be able to handle the same impact as the Sun, but could not sustain as many impacts over a large area as the Sun can.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What are the odds of two comets hitting the sun within 10 days of each other, each with a subsequent or simultaneous CME? Comet Elenin is supposed to be in Leo right now so not sure how that could be affecting this but with Chad's additional video offerrings seems like an escalting occurrence.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What makes you say its a comet? Could it be that secret rocket on a secret mission the US sent up about a month or so ago? Hummmm

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

You post as if you know what ANYthing hitting the sun would act like..
Just a few hundred years ago the earth was flat and we were the center of the universe.
Why must people think inside the box

EDIT Sorry op this is to the guy talking about kenetic energy and velocity

edit on 10-6-2011 by CoachSlamYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

I suppose there could be a mission sent out with missiles to impact the Sun. I don't think what we are seeing in the videos and the stories could be identified as that.

I tend to go with the comet explanation, as many pro and amateur astronomers have observed comets from distance. I believe they have observed them impacting different planets as well as the Sun.

Unless we are sending up one heckuva lot of missiles to impact different thing.

Good thought though and I am sure it is possible.

top topics

join