It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Gravity Works!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Yeah, I got nothing.
I need to study up on the concept more.
Kudos to you for causing me to spend this much time on your post.

Best I can figure is it's a primer for picking up women (or men I suppose).
edit on 6/9/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Best I can figure is it's a primer for picking up women (or men I suppose).

Because only perfect people are able to enter into relationships?

-Koan

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

No such thing as a perfect person.
But like you said I'm not fully understanding the concept of a koan yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

But like you said I'm not fully understanding the concept of a koan yet.

No such thing as a perfect person.

I think that you are beginning to understand it more than you realize.

-Koan

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I dont normally do this, but I'll address directly: why did you post this in this forum when there's not a single drop of science nor technology in it?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
quote Marty Mcfly "Woh, heavy Doc'"
edit on 9/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: Spelling

Aww I hate you.

I specifically read the thread before replying. Just to be sure.

And yep, someone steals my joke before I even know I have to make it.

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!!!!1

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I dont normally do this, but I'll address directly: why did you post this in this forum when there's not a single drop of science nor technology in it?

Science refers to knowledge... and while this thread is not specifically about technology, it *IS* about knowledge and understanding of a crucial area of human endeavors.

I thought this would be the most appropriate place for this thread, considering the source material.

However, that is up to the discretion of the Mods and Admins, as they may decide that another forum is a more well suited place for this experiment in Increased Self Awareness.

-Koan

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

There is no need to understand gravity.
As there is no such thing as perfection it is an ideal not a state.
there just is.
or as a wise man once said, there is no such thing as gravity, the world just sucks..
travel well, and dont fall off the road as the fall is accelerated by perfection.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
From your statement it should be put here... in this area of the forum..

Philosophy and Metaphysics

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thanks, I needed this.

And on an outside chance you could use a lift, give this a shot.

"Pastor Gas"

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Perhaps.....
Taking the word gravity and viewing it from it's results instead of the action, that would then be weight or heaviness. Taking heaviness and viewing it from a mental construct, that would then be importance or emphasis. So then basing the post from that perspective it could be said that "putting too much weight or emphasis on that which you are not, or who you are trying to be in relation to others, interferes with finding out who you really are, or who you would be, or what you would do, if all of the "gravity" were removed.

In other words: Believe in yourself and in so doing develop self-confidence; stop taking everything so seriously; and if anyone has a problem with that... well... what is the saying about what to do "if they can't take a joke?". Then you are being perfectly who you are.

Or not......

edit on 6/9/2011 by Lakotas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

One thing you failed to mention but is very important. What is the definition of gravity? And what context are you using it in?

I theorize that you left this very important information off your original post because you thought you were being clever and funny. Personally, I found the post insulting.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElGatoLoco0698

One thing you failed to mention but is very important. What is the definition of gravity? And what context are you using it in?

It's a Koan.

The purpose of a Koan is for you to figure that out yourself, and to arrive at the mental state that brings you enlightenment.

I theorize that you left this very important information off your original post because you thought you were being clever and funny.

Even if I told you.... you still wouldn't be in the frame of mind to understand what I am trying to convey, and thus, would defeat the entire purpose of the Koan.

Personally, I found the post insulting.

Good.

That means that you actually read it.

However, it also means that you are pretty far from understanding it.

Keep Trying.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: addition

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Nice post.

I think that gravity is a byproduct of consciousness.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When I jump up, I come back down. When that stops happening, then I might worry about gravity.
(yes, I understand your post. I'm in a very literal mood today.)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

It's a Koan.

The purpose of a Koan is for you to figure that out yourself, and to arrive at the mental state that brings you enlightenment.

I theorize that you left this very important information off your original post because you thought you were being clever and funny.

Even if I told you.... you still wouldn't be in the frame of mind to understand what I am trying to convey, and thus, would defeat the entire purpose of the Koan.

Personally, I found the post insulting.

Good.

That means that you actually read it.

However, it also means that you are pretty far from understanding it.

Keep Trying.
edit on 10-6-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: addition

Koan? Never heard of it. You're actually telling me if I understand this game you are playing I will become enlightened? Are you enlightened? If so, how did you become enlightened? Did you wake up one morning and decide you were enlightened?

It's much much easier to just state your idea rather than make a game and then tell people they don't understand when they question your game. Anyone with an analytical mind using logic and reason can see that your post is jibberish.

You are no more enlightened than any other person on the planet. If you claim you are enlightened while others are not, that implies ego which would mean you are not enlightened.

Is there a college of enlightenment that I've never heard of? Because there are way too many PHD's in enlightenment on this forum.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
according to the good doctor Timothy Leary, the bottom four circuits are for earth-bound existence and the upper four circuits are for gravity-less existence.

so although my initial reaction is to reject your "koan", I believe you may be correct.

good stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

With all due respect, and no offense intended.

Noone here has yet understood my post.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

With all due respect, and no offense intended.

Noone here has yet understood my post.

That's because you are enlightened and we are not.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Koan? Never heard of it.

It's a form of riddle, whose purpose is not necessarily to be answered, but instead to help the "Answerer" arrive at an understanding about a specific truth.

(Wikipedia is your Friend, as is a common dictionary)

en.wikipedia.org...

You're actually telling me if I understand this game you are playing I will become enlightened?

Enlightened about the subject matter contained within, definitely....

Enlightened about the sum total of the universe and knowledge? No, hardly. ;D

Are you enlightened?

About this topic, Yes... exceedingly.

If so, how did you become enlightened?

The same way that everyone becomes enlightened.... Observation, Contemplation, Thought, Reflection, etcetera.

Did you wake up one morning and decide you were enlightened?

Perhaps you should study the word "Enlightenment" for a bit, you seem to be confused about it's meaning.

en.wikipedia.org...

Go ahead... Reading is a Good thing.

Enlightenment in a secular context often means the "full comprehension of a situation"

I know that you think that "Enlightenment" is a magical word, filled with spells and incantations, throwing fireballs and whatnot...

All I'm trying to say is that... well.... You're Wrong.

It's much much easier to just state your idea rather than make a game and then tell people they don't understand when they question your game.

Unless the nature of the Enlightenment is in and of itself, insulting to the individual trying to gain the knowledge... in which case, you wouldn't learn it unless it was presented in a way that bypassed your ego.

Hence, Koan.

Anyone with an analytical mind using logic and reason can see that your post is jibberish.

Pretending to speak for all human beings, in that they must necessarily agree with your presumption is the Epitome of being Unenlightened.

Please try harder to comprehend this fact in your future postings.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You are no more enlightened than any other person on the planet.

Again... you are ignorant of what Enlightenment means, and thus your presumption that I am no more enlightened is... shall we say... as premature as it is incorrect.

What do you think, that *I* think I am enlightened about? Prey Tell?

If you claim you are enlightened while others are not, that implies ego which would mean you are not enlightened.

And I suppose that people who claim to have knowledge that you do not posses, are only saying so because of their ego as well?

Are you actually talking about the thread, or anything remotely related to reality, or are you just angry because you don't understand my Koan, and trying to take your deficiencies out on me because of your Ego?

Is there a college of enlightenment that I've never heard of?

Here is a link to the meaning of the word "Enlightenment"... aw screw it... here is SEVERAL links.

en.wikipedia.org...
Enlightenment

Now, after you have bothered to "Enlighten" yourself about the meaning of the word "Enlightened", *THEN* and only then can we continue this conversation.

Because until you do that, You will continue to be ignorant about the topic of discussion.

And thus, any continued conversation would be me ATTEMPTING to enlighten you, and you just getting ANGRY that there is information and understanding that you do not already posses.

Which is, why we are here in the first place.... To Enlighten you.

Because there are way too many PHD's in enlightenment on this forum.

And I can see that you have not even had the briefest of primers on the subject... so you may consider this your "Orientation" to the University of "Learn Something for [snip] sakes!"
edit on 10-6-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join