It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s economic adviser resigning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Austan Goolsbee, who spent the last 30 months trying to push the U.S. economy to create jobs, is leaving the White House to save his own: The president’s top economic adviser is heading back to the University of Chicago so he won’t lose tenure.

Well, I tried to help the economy......but Im going back to my old job

Goolsbee, 41, is the latest in a string of administration officials to leave Washington to avoid surrendering their permanent jobs in academia.

If I was Austan, I would problably do the same thing. It dosent look like things will be getting better anytime soon. Who's going to be Obama's next economic adviser?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
An economic advisor returning to teaching economics. Obviously, at least to me, whatever policies he championed haven't worked out well. Or maybe, his advice wasn't taken. I don't know.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. A saying that was often heard in the classrooms and hallways of the Architectural college I attended in the 1970's.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What a "ghoul". This guy is a disgrace on the pride of America. And to quit just when the going gets tough... I wish we never did away with public hangings, maybe it's time to bring them back and make an example to anyone who "fails" to make things right.

On another note;
I won't be too surprised if the next E.A. comes up with an excellent plan to turn the U.S. and world economies around. He should have it done within the next 84 months.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I would have been long gone after the first 90 days and disclosure.

The person is stupid for staying this long.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yea, I can understand. Did this guy take a coinciding vow of silence for 30 months as well? Or maybe they just fill make believe positions to keep up appearances. I don't know. Whoever is chosen as a replacement, we can rest assured, will accomplish nothing. Might as well give the position to a shopoholic bimbo trophy wife.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Now if we can Obama to resign, we're golden.

Though that will mean Biden is in charge. Hmmm....

/TOA

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I wouldn't be surprised to see 'em all start disappearing.

Will you bury me when I'm gone.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Thats always been my fear. When its proven Obama is a usurper, then we are left with Biden. (AKA The Sleeper)

Dude has some dain bramage and I dont think anyone should tell him. But he is really not fit either.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriciusCaesar

Really?

You want to hang citizens of the USA who decide to serve our country if they don't meet your expectations? That the stupidest thing I've heard all day. You suppose Goolsbee should have stuck it out the rest of Obama's term, loose his academic tenure and have nothing to return to when he's finished? Maybe you should point your hatred towards Obama and demand he select an advisor who is both capable, and ABLE to commit long term if it chaps you that much.

Whats next? You wanna hang the postman for delivering your mail late? God forbid a US soldier makes a mistake serving their nation in your world.

new topics

top topics

join