It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army, Marine Corps clashing over cammies, gimme a break!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
BTW, the Marines won the best sniper competition a couple years ago, for the 1st time in 9-10 years..

And this year the Chinese won.

Chinese snipers placed first in four of the five events at the 10th Military and Police Sniper World Cup in Budapest. Chinese sniper Xu Bo placed first overall, Qing Feng, also Chinese, came in second with Martin Kunz, of Austria, coming in at third. Nineteen countries had team participating, including Austria, Belarus, Britain, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, USA, Ukraine and Vietnam.
M&P Snipers World Cup 2011

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well I'm out of the Army now, but I do remember that when we switched from the DCU to the ACU, the temperature went up in my uniform by a billion freaking degrees.
I don't know what the hell they made that crap out of but holy God that crap was hot. Now I see soldiers wearing that new under armor looking shirt with ACU sleeves, I remember seeing that in an Army times when I was in a shopette. Remember thinking, "Damn wish I had that."

Whatever they do either make it so a soldier can role up their sleeves, or make the material more breathable for Pete's sake.

<< 1   >>

join