It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

The acceleration of the American campaign in recent weeks comes amid a violent conflict in Yemen that has left the government in Sana, a United States ally, struggling to cling to power. Yemeni troops that had been battling militants linked to Al Qaeda in the south have been pulled back to the capital, and American officials see the strikes as one of the few options to keep the militants from consolidating power.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it: Obama can't seem to find enough brown people to kill. What is his deal with them? And what happens when he runs out? Will it be browner people? Will it be less-brown people?

I keep hearing over and over the left's arguments against "Bush the warmonger" and how the right's agenda is to keep America in continual, unnecessary wars. Well, Obama isn't on the right, yet he's doing just fine with the left's agenda of trampling the freedom and liberty of human beings. How can anyone possibly support him in this? Yemen, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan...none of these governments have attacked America. How can anyone possibly justify this administration's actions?

He had a real chance at Change We Can Believe In. He could've at least attempted to reverse the policies of war that Bush pushed. He could've killed the Patriot Act. He could've...could've...could've. Instead, he perpetuates it. All of it. He's no better than Bush was. And he'll get elected again. It's disgusting.

/TOA
edit on 9-6-2011 by dbates because: Edited title to reflect news article cited.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Yeah. I feel personally betrayed by this man. I'm very interested in how he'll justify all of his actions during the 2012 debates. It would take a miracle from him to make me consider voting for him. Something drastic. Maybe he'll be the dude to give us full disclosure? He was the one to promise "transparency" after all.

All of this playing by Bush's rule book is honestly just confusing to me. I have no idea why the things that are happening in this administration are happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
woulda coulda shoulda will never be the right thing.

he should have done alot of things be he didnt and the reason he didnt is for control.

i am not so sure he will get elected i have hope he wont.

the polls i have seen lately is a 61% disapproval rating on the ecnomy and americans have voted on their wallets.

anytime i see something about yemen i am reminded of those "bombs on ups" planes.

honestly we do not need to be in iraq or afghanistan or pakistan or libya or yemen.

5 countries people thats 5 country hes killing people

and all i can here is bush lied and people died for years and yet i heard nothing but the defeaning silence from those peace loving flower children the democrats.

vote to end the tyrannical government! in 2012.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I don't understand it myself. The man I voted for, the man that promised Change and Hope, is not in office. I know there are going to be the usual "he's just a puppet for the Illuminati" guys (this is a conspiracy forum, after all
), but I don't fall for that. The reality is that the man flat-out lied to us. He got power and liked it. And the world is paying the price.

/TOA
edit on 8-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
How can anyone possibly support him in this? Yemen, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan...none of these governments have attacked America. How can anyone possibly justify this administration's actions?

He had a real chance at Change We Can Believe In. He could've at least attempted to reverse the policies of war that Bush pushed. He could've killed the Patriot Act. He could've...could've...could've. Instead, he perpetuates it. All of it. He's no better than Bush was. And he'll get elected again. It's disgusting.

/TOA

It's not about Obama, nor Bush, they are the puppet spokesmen reading from a script. The real decisions come from the bankers, oil cartel, and other elitist groups, and I'm certain they could care less about the interests of the American people, or any other people except themselves.. Wars make money plain and simple.

Liberation
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0004cc420262.jpg[/atsimg]

Humanitarian Effort
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07e081365ab4.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 8-6-2011 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Everyone has their big goal in Life.

Obama is just stepping up and trying to achieve his.

Im not sure if its just brown people (as you put it) that he is after but to hit your goals in life
a starting point has to be carved out.

Then again what color is Obama? Im unsure to be exact. From different angles he has different colors.

Mainly green with a hit of chicken curry diarrhea!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
he'll win 2012 by default. there would be nothing more dangeous as someone as ignorant as sarah palin in charge of the strongest military in the world and about 7,000 nuclear warheads.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

Who would you rather have, leading your country in 2012...Obama? or Palin? Because it seems as though they will end up being the two leading candidates for presidency next year. God help the U.S whoever wins it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Im olive/brown and I think we have a puppet, saying kill.

Just like GB junior. We have a duplicate of the same in a different color.

This is the worlds lesson. Color means nothing. Its the person.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Im olive/brown and I think we have a puppet, saying kill.

Just like GB junior. We have a duplicate of the same in a different color.

This is the worlds lesson. Color means nothing. Its the person.

Obama's color means jack squat. But the people he keeps dropping bombs on are conspicuously brown or olive-complected. For now.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

technically speaking obama is the topic of the thread

which i do not support.

to answer your question none of the above.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I'm still trying to figure out U.S. foreign policy.
Yemen, an ally, is under attack by Al Queida rioters. So we kill the rioters.
Libya, under attack by Al Queida rioters, so we kill the government.

I can imagine Obama, in the Oval Office, with a Magic 8 Ball, asking, "Should we bomb them?"

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, I don't think it is about 'brown people' but other than that, I agree with you.

Another question that always boggles my mind is where did all the masses of anti-war protesters go? They sure did disappear right quick when their guy got in office.

Google 'where did all the war protesters go' and you will see many asking that question. Their numbers trickled down to almost non existence. I guess they were hypocrites or something protesting more due to political parties instead of their principles.

And that is a shame because all these wars deserve to be protested fiercely.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

anti war protesters only come out when its a republican...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are absolutely on the mark here. Where are they? It was horrible when Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush were doing it. Sooo...it's OK that Obama is doing it?

And to your remark about brown people, the people he's dropping bombs on are pretty consistent in their colorations, wouldn't you say?

/TOA

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hello I am kind of a new member here.
I am just amazed at the stuff this guy gets a way with fromk the BC to the illegal wars. What do we have to do to get this guy in a courtroom asap. We certainly nailed clinton petty quick just for a dry cleaning bill. This man is a monster and must be stopped. I do not know alot about the political system(other than its prob corrupt like everything else) but what CAN WE DO to get him impeached? Ive signed the petition? What can be done? Please help!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

welcome newbie

any newbie who doesnt like obama is ok in my book

safe journey and lots of luck on here

your gonna need it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Killing brown people? Really! Your assertion is ridiculous. We have many brown friends from all over the world. Why is it that we have few if any problems with Latin America?

Lets get direct here.....Our hatred is towards Islamists. Plain and simple. Not a color, but a creed.

Edited to add: fundamentalist Islamists.
edit on 8-6-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I thought Obama got us out of all the wars, I have been asleep since his presidential campaign. You mean he didn't get our troops out?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

They are all brown. I have spent a few years in the ME.

Your overlooking the fact that Obama funded the Kenyan Genocide while he was a US senator with $100,000 of his own money. He has been involved in thousands of deaths against brown people before he ever got into office.

I believe the consortium funded 100,000 US dollars each.

Comes out to a couple hundred AKs, a few artillery pieces, a few dozen rockets, and 80,000 machetes.

It was a relative he gave the money to.

Google Google...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join