It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is amazing, natural beauty.
He doesnt have video games and television in his heart. Although he was living in the streets, he has probably had alot more life experience than some others in different areas we maybe cant imagine. We get love at a young age through out our teens so maybe you could say we take it for granted. Where as he has had evil throughout his childhood so his love will be pure.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow, that even made me er, get something in my eye. For those who are in disbelief, let it be known that stories like this are not always merely stories! I, for one, had a rough childhood and was homeless for a time, with practically no future, no money, no family, no friends. And yet I taught myself mathematics, read all the literature I could get my paws on, and now I'm a full blown geologist about to go travel the world! A friend of mine had a similar troubled past, and she pulled herself up by her bootstraps, never had a singing lesson in her life, but plays guitar and sings like a virtuoso - some people are just blessed with a damn fine musical talent, lucky bastards.

A childhood spent in homelessness is an extreme case, but it does sadly happen, and poverty and talent are not mutually exclusive by any means.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As awesome and amazing as his "story" is and really it is a very "inspiring" story I can't help but feel a looming perversion of his talent by those who before couldn't care less of him...

I guess what I'm saying is how many people are going to "profit" from his A) amazing voice/talent B) story of poverty, abuse, and abandonment? and C) the apparent triumph over B) with A)...

Seeing as he has no family and no support system and everything to gain from this situation it is ripe for being taken advantage of...

I hope for his sake the Korean world of "stardom" isn't as perverted and soulless as the one here in the US/Hollywood otherwise he is just going to be a victim of a whole different type of abuse.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
WAS FEELING VERY SKEPTICAL WHEN I STARTED WATCHING THIS BUT TO MY AMAZMENT IT WAS VERY SOUL GRIPPING MY HEART GOES OUT TO THIS MAN.

and just noticed i was in all caps sorry

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The world has given him crap, and yet he gives back such beauty -- truly humbling.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

This can be inferred from his saying "I would take master level lessons if I had the chance." I would assume that master level lessons come after beginner (or something) level lessons. However, if he only choral in high school, that does not make his story false.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

This is from South Korea. It is different from North Korea.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They say he will have thousands cheering for him next time...there are now millions who are cheering for him. Even if he doesn't win the competition, his life is forever changed. Thanks for a good post. I was totally blown away.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by radhaya88

this is what I hope to find on ATS, besides ufo's, aliens, etc. Thanks so much for this post. I sent it to all my friends. There is hope for all of us.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I cried so much,it's pathetic.I can't imagine five year old kid alone on the streets.I just realized I don't have anything to complain about.Beautiful soul,I wish him all the luck in this world.
edit on 9-6-2011 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

well done agent_t;

this thread is really about how people feelings can be so easily manipulated by tv producers

judging by the avalanche of flags/reactions they are really good and successful at that.

the problem is that here it is ats and ats members pretend to be awake, aware... so it is very worrying to see such a lack of critical thinking or maybe it is only those last year facebook ats members that are flagging reacting & so very first degreely... shame really in any case

wake up sheeple this was tv: you don't know TV better after all those years, do you ?
edit on 9-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes ...

If he is as truly innocent as what he appeared on that clip ... then I hope the media attention and fame doesnt tear his 'apparent innocence' and other good qualities from him .. and corrupt him ... and take away all he gained spiritually from his hardship ....

You know how fame and stardom can bring with it corruptible ungodly temptations

Im not saying hes an angel ... I dare say hes done a few naughty things on the streets .. as would any of us .. to survive .. but hopefully he stuck to some good morals, as do many homeless ..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I can tell by the flags and stars that this resonates with many. Thanks for sharing. Made me cry.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't doubt his story. They don't hide anything, if you actually watch the entire video. They asked if he had any lessons. He said he took Master classes when he had the chance, and then practiced on his own. That is what Paul Potts did as well.

And I laughed at the "lots of people can sing like that." I don't know anyone who can sing like that. I can't. My friends can't. I knew one girl who could probably have sang professionally, but never did.. which was a real pity, her singing also inspired me. And that is why I enjoy these shows. They allow people who can do something better than your average karaoke singer, and make more of their lives through their talents. Paul wasn't going anywhere with his singing without that show. Nor was Susan Boyle. There is no secret "angle" where they are taking advantage of people through this talent. They were undiscovered talent. I think it's great, and inspirational, and more than anything, it makes me shake my head, when petty people have to find ways to tear such things down, in order to feel better about themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Voice of the homeless. Very inspiring.

I wonder if they will drug test him before they give him singing lessons.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm calling BS...

I'll be the bad guy..

You people can buy it, i'm not....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Greensage

These are the times when Angels will appear to us so that deep inside we hear the real music; when our hair stands on end and we get that deep knot in the back of our throat, then we know there is something wonderful about the very existence of Life!

I could feel it and he brought a tear to my eyes too!

Exactly my thoughts. First thing that came to mind was 'angel - this kid's got to be an angel'. That a cast off piece of humanity gives so much of himself in his song should teach us all a great lesson. And it's not for me to tell you what that lesson is.

Thank you again to the OP for posting this incredible piece... God bless all, and the wonderful young man...

peace

I'll go with that too. Casting aside language barriers, (I had no idea what he was singing) his voice resonated loudly. He does have talent, and yes, the chills and hairs tingled. When it's WTF, and it moves you, you know it's real.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It's not the 'selling things on the street' that I find surreal. It's the things he was selling....I've certainly never seen people sell things like that in the larger cities I've lived in......but as I already said, it's likely a cultural difference (plus I don't think Korea qualifies as a 'third world' country)

Fair point about Korea. Regardless, what's so surreal about seeing a kid selling soda and gum on the street? Kids in mexico do it all the time. HEell, kids in the Bronx do it.

Soda and gum? Seriously?....We'll I'll just have to take your word for it....I've seen kids sell and kinds of stuff on the street...Bootleg DVD's...Watches....even video games. (and of course plenty of more nefarious things as well that I won't mention)....but Gum and Energy Drinks? That just seems like such an odd combination. I could imagine a kid somehow getting a hold of these two items and selling them for a day or two...but actually surviving by selling just those two things? Seems surreal....perhaps I've just never ran into those kids that sell that, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

well done agent_t;

this thread is really about how people feelings can be so easily manipulated by tv producers

judging by the avalanche of flags/reactions they are really good and successful at that.

the problem is that here it is ats and ats members pretend to be awake, aware... so it is very worrying to see such a lack of critical thinking or maybe it is only those last year facebook ats members that are flagging reacting & so very first degreely... shame really in any case

wake up sheeple this was tv: you don't know TV better after all those years, do you ?
edit on 9-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

I knew it was total BS!!

I didn't believe it for a second...

I was so pissed after just watching the video I HAD TO CALL BS!!

This is a bad version of the crap they call America's got talent..

THE SYSTEMS RIGGED FROM THE TOP DOWN!!!
edit on 9-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join