It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes he can sing, but he's not the only one who can sing like that..honestly if it wasn't for the fact that he lived on his own in the streets for 10 years, this wouldn't be on the front page..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Beats the pants off Susan Boyle the bearded welsh lady on the UK show.

And yeah, it made me feel good.

Not sure where this chap's life is going to go now but no more sleeping in toilets me thinks.

Here's some more 'feel good" for ya....

Little "Necilbug":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/124e06b963a8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/6/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

No disrespect to the OP, nor any to the boy, but why is this newsworthy for ATS? Seems more of an attempt to promote the boy than it is to discuss anything ATS related.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well I can see how he couldnt afford a home.....

....Opera Vocal Coaches are very expensive, and you have to devote hours and hours of your daily life to keep it up.

Kind of hard to hold down a 9-5 when your singing all damn day
edit on 9-6-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great story, but isnt "Above Top Secret." Allthought this is a touching story, this isnt really the right place to post a story like this.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow, I teared as I heard his story then once he sang I totally broke out crying. This kid is a walking work of art! It seems like alot of people who get put into these extreme and over-the-top difficult situations like this find something they love and pursue, and he fits perfectly into this. I haven't cried like that since I lost a family member and I have never cried due to someone's voice in the past before this. Amazing find OP, keep up the great work!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Well I can see how he couldnt afford a home.....

....Opera Vocal Coaches are very expensive, and you have to devote hours and hours of your daily life to keep it up.

Kind of hard to hold down a 9-5 when your singing all damn day
edit on 9-6-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: spelling

He NEVER had coaching but wants it.

Did you read the subtitles properly and understand the bad grammar? I know what he was saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The motto of ATS is "Deny Ignorance," this being said I think many people on this board, including myself, would be "ignorant" to this boy and his story if it weren't for the OP posting it. Also his background story fits into the "Social Issues" just fine so personally I believe this post is present on this forum rightfully so.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by STONEcoleD
Great story, but isnt "Above Top Secret." Allthought this is a touching story, this isnt really the right place to post a story like this.

Hmmmm, let's see.....

Young kid who has had a really cr*p life gets the chance to live out his dream and finally make something happen for himself while showing others that anything is possible.

82 flags
6 pages

I'd say it's a "Social Issue" and members here (other than you and the other negatives) are enjoying the discussion and sharing the inspiration this thread has brought.

Cheer the F up.

edit: ps, a better watch than any fuzzy UFO clip or moonbase photos I've seen here in years.
edit on 9/6/2011 by nerbot because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

No disrespect to the OP, nor any to the boy, but why is this newsworthy for ATS? Seems more of an attempt to promote the boy than it is to discuss anything ATS related.

Good point, and it's perfectly understandable... but at the same time, I personally think that ATS can be the perfect place to share those rare "feel good" stories that are increasingly non-existent in this world of ours instead of constantly dwelling on the negative.

I dunno... perhaps opening another forum dedicated to news like this would be a good idea. It'd be a great way to break from reading about events that only show how inhumane we humans can be. A bit of humanity here and there can only be a good thing... no?

Anyway, a heartfelt thanks from me, OP, on sharing this with us! Definitely put a smile on my face... and... yes, I'll admit it... brought a tear to my eye!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It was great to hear such truly beautiful music come from such a truly humble person. Makes you reconsider some of the pop "artists" and what gets pumped out of them..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Unbelievable what a story , what a voice!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting.

reminds me of Susan Boyle, another person which I greatly admire.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Archetypes my dear friend... Archetypes.. they are very real

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well that's just it, he couldn't have just heard an Opera Piece that was sung in a foreign tongue just once and learnt it....such a piece takes quite a while to learn...That is unless he is like one of those idiot savants, and if that's the case I seriously doubt that he'd have survived very long on the street....Such a thing takes an awful lot of common sense, something such idiot savants generally lack.....hence the word 'idiot'.

This is quite obviously a piece that he practiced quite a bit. Now I am choosing to believe this is real, simply because it makes me feel nice to believe it.....however...I still don't think it's likely. Let me ask you, is it more likely to be a true story, or is it more likely a story made up to tug at our Heart Strings by a media executive? Honestly I think the latter is much more likley...this story seems a little too bit like a Korean version of Susan Boyle....It's entirely likely that they are trying to cash in with their own version of that
rags to riches' story......Still for now I'm going to choose to believe its true against my better judgement

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It's not the 'selling things on the street' that I find surreal. It's the things he was selling....I've certainly never seen people sell things like that in the larger cities I've lived in......but as I already said, it's likely a cultural difference (plus I don't think Korea qualifies as a 'third world' country)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

He did say that he went to High School and that was the first school he had went to, so maybe they had music classes there where he learned how to sing or maybe a choir

True....and while I can't imagine learning a complicated Opera Piece in an America high school, I suppose that perhaps it's more likely in a Korean school...

..Good comment.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

ok the guy can sing especially considering he learned alone, applause & respect for that

but come on people this is really really bad -meant to make sheeple cry- tv, how they use his story to set up and raise the emotion (against his will) of the public is well over the limit of decency: the voyeurism of reality tv at its best; (i confessed it almost worked on me too) = they (the tv producers) use him for their profit.

i'm happy for him though: he probably scored the girl in the jury after that and he should be sorted now money-wise which is great;

but his biggest challenge as a human and an artist is now: to not losing his soul to this stupid marshmallow sub-zero-culture that is destroying the real essence of art; i hope he'll see through the perversion that those "contests" really are.
edit on 8-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

i agree with your comment. Not only that, this poor kid is going to be exploited and used to make more meny for already rich bastards and his sad story will make him a hit.

For a while.

Then he goes into obscurity and makes less and less while those who controlled and made the real prophet use some other person to make even more money.

This greed, this need for some people to use other to make so much money, using such tactics as a poor kids life to line their pockets is sickening.

Why do the proletariat always get suckered into this? T.v adds asking for 2 pounds a month, while the company itself make million, billion if you are Rupert Murdoch, and do you think he is going to give a crap about the starving people of the world, the homeless, the endangered speices? No, cos if the truely rich people did, we would have no poor, no hungry, to says it like Bill Hicks, ''Instead of spending billion a year on arms, spend it feed, clothing and educating the poor of the world''.

never going to happen though

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It's not the 'selling things on the street' that I find surreal. It's the things he was selling....I've certainly never seen people sell things like that in the larger cities I've lived in......but as I already said, it's likely a cultural difference (plus I don't think Korea qualifies as a 'third world' country)

Fair point about Korea. Regardless, what's so surreal about seeing a kid selling soda and gum on the street? Kids in mexico do it all the time. HEell, kids in the Bronx do it.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

i think he means that unless you can blame the kid's situation on Obama or the 'nwo' he doesnt want to hear it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join