It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

You could feel the emotion in him even tho I couldn't understand the words. His singing brought tears to my eyes. TY very much for something good on here!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

He did say that he went to High School and that was the first school he had went to, so maybe they had music classes there where he learned how to sing or maybe a choir

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Thanks for sharing the link.

Goes to show that no matter where you come from, talent is always found within!

yeah...

especially when I look at your avatar GIF

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Credit to his ability,and yes,like countless others he has had to struggle with hardship.
I just hate the way these show omit important details to make an irresistable sob story to attract a few extra million in phone call revenue and an instantly marketable product.

To be fair - - he said he was on the streets until he was 15 (more then once). He said he went to high school. He said he did get training when he could.

Ya have to listen.

No one asked him what happened after 15. They did ask him if he had training - - which he responded Yes (when he could arrange it).

No one specifically asked him who he got training from.

So it seems he was taken in by someone or a place for street kids when he was 15.

He is 22 now. He is well fed and groomed. Does he have a job? (the well fed part - - if you lived on the streets and knew hunger - - food might be your comfort). Doesn't really mean he is well off.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm sure there are millions of kids around the world with possibly even worst background yet filled with talent.
Especially in third world countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goradd
He did say that he went to High School and that was the first school he had went to, so maybe they had music classes there where he learned how to sing or maybe a choir

No. The boy states, he attended singing training / classes .. But could not afford to continue .. so was going to drop out ... But instead ... self taught from there ...

If i had heard that .. it would just have been another hurdle in the boys way, of overcoming his difficulties, and chasing his dream ... and would just add to the respect i have for him

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't think people should get hung up on whether there is a slight discrepancy or two in his story.

In a sense the whole thing is a fantasy. The prompting questions, the expectant look in the judges faces, the tried and tested rags-to-riches narrative, the audience responding on cue - Coldplay playing in the background building up to a climax. It's masturbation of the emotions and I find it hard to watch. It's like someone trying too hard to be nice to you, it feels uncomfortable.

Who cares if they made an editorial decision to not mention his formal training? The whole story could be made up or the honest truth, as far as I'm concerned - What's wrong about it is the manipulative way it's fed to us.

It's so formulaic, I can't understand how anyone can watch it and not be distracted by the sound of the gears working away in the background. The next step up the ladder from this is to have a tv show that consists of the words 'SAD' in big letters on the screen for 5 minutes (with coldplay playing in the background), followed by 'Happy Ending' (the sound of people cheering) then advert breaks.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

your funny...the sympathy card lolol......in the UK version there was a girl that said she`d died.....for real!

it seems fake...5 yrs old...cmon??....though it still nearly made me cry lol

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thankyou for sharing this it is great to hear something beautiful in the midst of so much doom and gloom
Star and flag

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike N
Who cares if they made an editorial decision to not mention his formal training? The whole story could be made up or the honest truth, as far as I'm concerned - What's wrong about it is the manipulative way it's fed to us.

Of course it is. Its entertainment. Anyone can have a plain old talent show and it would be totally boring.

As a viewer - - you get the choice to focus on what you want - - or turn it off.

I like the human interest stories. Sometimes they are 100% legit - - sometimes they're not. I felt the kid himself was legit.

But - I did notice immediately when he said he was on the streets until he was 15 - - no one asked him what happened then.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Very powerfull and heart touching story there. Thank you for posting it and bringing it here.

Making my kids watch this video now.

Awesome thanks again.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Music has always taught me to live, it makes me feel alive and watching this while rousting up from my slumber after a hard nights work kinda made my day.

I don't hand out s&f's much to tell you the truth. s&f for you.

hagd

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Aw man, what a wonderful story and person! I love these type of personal triumphs, and it is reflective of how the human heart can continue to provide love and light through the darkest of times. Once again song has become a vehicle for expression and connection. His voice is so rich and full, and immediately evoked a tear in my eyes. I don't know whether it was his story, voice, or both, but you can tell by everyone's reaction, as well as the young man's face that this opportunity was one of relief, joy, belonging and hope.
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
DP...
edit on 9-6-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Bong just shows us all that no matter where you come from or what troubles you have endured in your lifetime as long as you keep your eyes and mind open anything is possible..he is a real inspiration to all.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalAnnunaki
Bong just shows us all that no matter where you come from or what troubles you have endured in your lifetime as long as you keep your eyes and mind open anything is possible..he is a real inspiration to all.

There's that damn carrot dangling in front of our noses again.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's the first time I watch a Korean video, and it kinda threw sand in my eyes and gave me a runny nose, can you believe it?

What a wonderful feeling in his voice! I never watch these kind of shows, but this is a gem!

When is his next performance to be?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

I agree with you. However stranger things have happened and if this story is true then WoW what an amazing energy and a great voice.

edit on 9-6-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
This is the story of a young man who had nothing. He ran away from a violent orphanage at a very young age and even slept in public restrooms. He wandered the streets for a decade with no family, or friends. But he has survived the streets and now he shares his story with the world.

edit on 8-6-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

This is a testament as to why we should all treat each other equally and with fairness. You never know who has what to offer the world......except for feminists, they have nothing to offer the world and deserve to live in alleys and be spat upon. I hope this guy does particularly well in life though, he sure has earned it. On top of it all he is very humble, not a lot of people left in this whole world with that attribute. Especially in Korea where everyone is crapped on and controlled like freedomless robots who can't even have decent contact with the outside world. Why can't all feminists live in Korea and send the Korean people over here. That's my idea of equality for them. Good voice on this guy though. I am not a fan of Opera, but he does well for that type of music. Wait until the year 2015 when they finally get to listen to 90's hair metal bands...they will really like that I bet. After listening to some of those ballads.....this guy is likely to score for his first time in the back seat of his horse and cart.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Both links are dead...
I would really like to watch this if anyone can provide a different link, or at least the name of the video so I can try to find it elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join