It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That was a very touching story and I would love to see updates on how he does in the competition!!! Brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips! I hope he goes far! =D

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Everyone likes a feelgood story.
Someone overcoming the odds with natural talent is,of course a dream many people have..rags to riches and all that.

Unfortunately,this is not one of them..

But credit to the reactions here,it shows people are still willing to believe the impossible,which,makes it all the sadder when,yet again,it proves to be exactly that.
Impossible.

Paul Potts sold himself as a mobile telephone salesman,not mentioning he already had toured with opera companies and had training from Pavarotti himself.(He must have forgotten).

This guy must have forgotten that he trained with "prestigious Dae Jun Vocal Department"

Think about it.Classical opera singing style,niceley covered transition,totally relaxed posture 'a la Pavarotti'.No neck tension.
People pay thousands for lessons to look and sound this relaxed on stage.

Credit to his ability,and yes,like countless others he has had to struggle with hardship.
I just hate the way these show omit important details to make an irresistable sob story to attract a few extra million in phone call revenue and an instantly marketable product.

Very nice 'trained' voice though,and he himself seems like a nice person who deserves success.

Ooops. nearly forgot some all important 'sources' before people start attacking the messenger.

It may have seemed like he had a tough childhood, but when netizens researched and found out that he actually was musically trained from attending the prestigious Dae Jun vocal department, controversy arose. His side defended this by saying that he had already revealed this information previously."

www.ibtimes.com...

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

Even while I watched and a tear fell, I felt like I was being manipulated. Then reading everyone's touching comments here, I thought, well maybe I'm just overly jaded. Nope. II just feltthis was too cute to be true.

Thanks for checking the backstory.

Not that the kid does not have talent and most likely a hard life, but we the audience were manipulated. Hate that! They could have told the whole truth and then I would have really aprreciated the performance.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Everyone likes a feelgood story.
Someone overcoming the odds with natural talent is,of course a dream many people have..rags to riches and all that.

Unfortunately,this is not one of them..

But credit to the reactions here,it shows people are still willing to believe the impossible,which,makes it all the sadder when,yet again,it proves to be exactly that.
Impossible.

Paul Potts sold himself as a mobile telephone salesman,not mentioning he already had toured with opera companies and had training from Pavarotti himself.(He must have forgotten).

This guy must have forgotten that he trained with "prestigious Dae Jun Vocal Department"

Think about it.Classical opera singing style,niceley covered transition,totally relaxed posture 'a la Pavarotti'.No neck tension.
People pay thousands for lessons to look and sound this relaxed on stage.

Credit to his ability,and yes,like countless others he has had to struggle with hardship.
I just hate the way these show omit important details to make an irresistable sob story to attract a few extra million in phone call revenue and an instantly marketable product.

Very nice 'trained' voice though,and he himself seems like a nice person who deserves success.

Ooops. nearly forgot some all important 'sources' before people start attacking the messenger.

It may have seemed like he had a tough childhood, but when netizens researched and found out that he actually was musically trained from attending the prestigious Dae Jun vocal department, controversy arose. His side defended this by saying that he had already revealed this information previously."

www.ibtimes.com...

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

Even while I watched and a tear fell, I felt like I was being manipulated. Then reading everyone's touching comments here, I thought, well maybe I'm just overly jaded. Nope. II just feltthis was too cute to be true.

Thanks for checking the backstory.

Not that the kid does not have talent and most likely a hard life, but we the audience were manipulated. Hate that! They could have told the whole truth and then I would have really aprreciated the performance.

Sorry Sir, but if you know something about music and chorals, you will notice that his voice is not trained.
Ask this to someone to have an educated ear for these things.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Well the backstory is that he graduated from an arts high school and had some other voice training. So, I'm going on that for now.
edit on 9-6-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Apology accepted,and yes I do,thanks.It's my line of work.
One listen to his voice was the reason I decided to check the back story.

He obviously has years of training to go to compete with the undisputed masters,but he has a nice tone,if a tad pitchy.

Not here to argue semantics or trade internet egos,if that's your wish.
Just presented the facts on yet more viewer manipulation on these type of shows.

He-himself I wish well.
I just hope he doesn't get himself too involved in what amounts to fraud on the producers' side.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I fancy myself as pretty freaking hardcore.. But even I have chills listening to this guy sing.
I don't know what he was saying, but I am going to buy his album, no kidding.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Amazing talent, amazing story, amazing young man!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Once again V1rt, you find the promise and the silver lining and share it with others. Truly inspiring.
Actually, I feel that shedding this kind of light - sharing how even the most dire of circumstances can often be dealt with and turned around and made into something new, positive and unexpected...is what our current "leadership" today is totally lacking in.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So what if he was professionally trained?

Paul Potts also was trained, and he, unlike the article states, DID state he had voice training. The networks are the ones trying to keep it secret, so they can make it a more "feel good" story. Paul has an amazing voice, and honestly, without the show to launch his fame, would his voice had ever seen the light of day? I'd say not.

These shows don't profess to only take people with no professional training. In the dance shows, you better believe most of the final contentests have had quite a bit of professional training.

Why can't people just enjoy something magical, without having to turn it into greed, $$$, hate and criticism?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Why can't people just enjoy something magical, without having to turn it into greed, $$$, hate and criticism?

That's the annoying thing.PEOPLE CAN!.
It's the network that takes a personal story such as his,that already has an example of courage beyond the ordinary.and perverts it.

Yes he was orphaned,beaten,ran away and lived on the street,looked after himself anyway he could.
I'm pretty bloody impressed already.

Isn't that enough to prove his courage???
Nooo. the producers aren't satisfied enough.
Lets omit the fact he went to stage school and got himself some training.

It's this omittion that turn people against him,as has happened.
They effectively lied by omittion/editting saying that he was unschooled and untrained too.
Cue sad music..

And the people lap it up.
edit on 9-6-2011 by AGENT_T because: sticky keys.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I know this goes against the rules for one word answers but all I can say is WOW!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I really hope that he wins that competition. He truly deserves to win .

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Guess I am not the only one that thought that. It could just be a made up story, to appeal to emotions.

But more on topic, you don't need a home or friends to be passionate about something, and work hard at developing a skill of your passion. It might even be easier for someone like that to focus on their passion, if it is the only thing they have.
edit on Thu, 09 Jun 2011 10:51:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
.What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

if you think that s 'surreal' then dont ever visit any third world country where kids sell things on the street all the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can't watch that clip without seeing the overt emotional manipulation, like a film in front of the screen.

He sings well but that's not the point. Enjoying that mans voice, presented in such a manner is like enjoying drinking a fine wine from a dung-encrusted bucket. The method of delivery is sickening.

There are no surprises here though, surely? Everyone knows the format employed by xxxx Has Talent. I AM surprised that people can enjoy it so readily without giving a second thought to the fabrication, the gloss-coating and sweetening of it all. Each to their own.

Well done to the producers. They have no integrity as far as 'art' is concerned but they are phenomenal businesspeople.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's about time to break rules. One only needs only line to thank you for finding this gem fo rus.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are many children in this world like him. Abandoned by their parents. Thank God he survived to give us a moment of reflection. I wish him good luck in the rest of his life.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
He clearly states at 6:09 that he had master lessons. He said he practices by himself. I don't see where anyone lied.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Any suspicion, with regards to the editors choice to remove part of the interview, where the young man states, he did attend classes, but could not afford to continue .. and was self taught from there .... should indeed, be aimed at the editors ..

For me .. if that section had not been ommited from the interview ... it would have changed nothing of my feelings towards the young man .... if anything .. it would have added to my awe at him, for still trying so hard even then ...

The reaction form the audience and judges was still there, upon hearing the whole uncut interview .. as would mine be ...

And he certainly did not get tutor lessons worth thousands like pavarotti .. as someone suggested .. these claims, not fact, and only serve to further skew what has happened here ...

Why does a choice an editor made to omit that part, lead to so many cries of hoax .. as tho the young boy himself was being deceitful ? ... All that happened was the young man told about himself .. and they cut a section out, as they do with all TV programmes ... and quite rightly so, the public felt they should not have done that ...

And i agree with majority .. the editors made a bad call there ... absolutely changes nothing of the boy ...

ETA - After the public outcry ... the channel aired teh full uncut interview for the public eyes ..
For teh ones that feel 'hoax' ... you can check the uncut version out on youtube ...

PS - im not actually disagreeing with people who speak of manipulation in reality TV, or TV in general ..
I'm purely defending this young boys integrity, with regards to his audition on the show
edit on 9-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
***snip***

Yea! I know what you mean. I got really angry when I read that he had musical training. It's so unfair. Why didn't my musical training unleash an undisputed talent? Unfair.

And being manipulated as well. By the very media that untill now has been a fountain of knowledge and good decent, honest entertainment. I'm angry now.

As far as I have seen on the internet this young fellow doesn't even take drugs or behave unappropriately in public like all the other role models we like our young people to worship.

Disgrace I tell you.
But I did enjoy his singing anyway. Shame on me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join