It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So important that you shared this with all of us. Thank you.
We ALL need more positive, uplifting things to see and hear.
It's good for our souls and good for our cells - literally.

Bless that young man.
edit on 9-6-2011 by 5senses because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
WOW! WOW! WOW!
What an amazing young man! Not only does he have an angelic voice, but also an incredible character!
His performance brought tears to my eyes.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I don't buy his story nor that he's had no training. He definitely does have a nice voice though.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing -

This very young man isn't poor at all - he is very rich and has something that no one can ever take away from him.

A beautiful soul a beautiful voice and beautiful honesty - yes he is very wealthy!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This guy really has the ability to pry emotions out of people. In this case, crying. He moves people, and that's the essence of good opera. Probably a combination of his hard life experience and, somewhere along the line, his exposure to soaring musical styles. Good thread, thanks, and I'll take a piece of the hankie concession.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing ..

Very inspiring ...

I too shed a tear .... But to be fair ... i well up almost every day at anything touching ...

Reminds me of the Susan Boyle one ... Although she certainly doesnt have the same grim past ..

The thing i love about the Susan Boyle video .. is how taken aback the judges and audience were ...
Its a perfect example of judging a book by its cover .. which i am very guilty of also ... and i continually need these wake up calls such as these ....
www.youtube.com...

Thanks again

God Bless all

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Everyone likes a feelgood story.
Someone overcoming the odds with natural talent is,of course a dream many people have..rags to riches and all that.

Unfortunately,this is not one of them..

But credit to the reactions here,it shows people are still willing to believe the impossible,which,makes it all the sadder when,yet again,it proves to be exactly that.
Impossible.

Paul Potts sold himself as a mobile telephone salesman,not mentioning he already had toured with opera companies and had training from Pavarotti himself.(He must have forgotten).

This guy must have forgotten that he trained with "prestigious Dae Jun Vocal Department"

Think about it.Classical opera singing style,niceley covered transition,totally relaxed posture 'a la Pavarotti'.No neck tension.
People pay thousands for lessons to look and sound this relaxed on stage.

Credit to his ability,and yes,like countless others he has had to struggle with hardship.
I just hate the way these show omit important details to make an irresistable sob story to attract a few extra million in phone call revenue and an instantly marketable product.

Very nice 'trained' voice though,and he himself seems like a nice person who deserves success.

Ooops. nearly forgot some all important 'sources' before people start attacking the messenger.

It may have seemed like he had a tough childhood, but when netizens researched and found out that he actually was musically trained from attending the prestigious Dae Jun vocal department, controversy arose. His side defended this by saying that he had already revealed this information previously."

www.ibtimes.com...

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ok, I'll admit.. I cried.

I wish for him not a great career, but do wish for him warm and caring people around him for the rest of his life.
edit on 9/6/2011 by chrismir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The video was taken down.
Would have loved to seen it.

By the responses it sounds a bit like the movie August Rush.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
S+F for you,most of the time i hate the (insert country here)got talent because its just a way of getting millions of people sitting like vegetables in front of a tv,but i will agree that now and again you will get some poor sod who comes out of no where with something realy organic and real like that young gentleman,we can only hope he goes on to better things,thanks for putting this up

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I love how people laughed when he said he was a manual worker, then they all cried.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WOW,

We dwell on the bad things so often and it really opens the heart to good when you see this, the young man is a breath of fresh air.

It's things like this that give me hope that the good on this Planet will overcome the not so good.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It would be easy to be a cynic and say that he was used... and the program hyped up his story and played sad music and all that....and it was an effort to tug on the heart strings and get people to feel for him.

Well it worked.

That made me well up man......

He's been through hell....and to just get a chance to tell his story and for people to actually listen to him and really see him for once, instead of all walking past him and ignoring him.

And he was sold to someone too?

Man, what a life

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by imasecretspy
The video was taken down.
Would have loved to seen it.

By the responses it sounds a bit like the movie August Rush.

No the video is still there, just click play on the video in the OP.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He sold gum and what else in a nightclub??? If he wins... hopefully his days of being EXPLOITED by criminal elements will be over FOREVER. Hopefully.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
dammit i hate it when im right. i knew they were playing to emotion i knew this was all a PR stunt to drum up ratings and create the latest korean idol. but hope kept saying maybe this is the exception, dont be so negative. there still might be some decency left...but alas. the illusion is revealed and the smoke blows away oh so easily.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord
dammit i hate it when im right. i knew they were playing to emotion i knew this was all a PR stunt to drum up ratings and create the latest korean idol. but hope kept saying maybe this is the exception, dont be so negative. there still might be some decency left...but alas. the illusion is revealed and the smoke blows away oh so easily.

So it was a HOAX???

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Nice heartwarming story for a change.

He's a really good better, he'll get better with lessons too.

Good for him, I hope he made the finals.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is the first time in a long time, that I have seen something this moving, this touching. I've had a pretty bad deal of the cards myself, but I am sure it is nothing compared to what this man has been through. What an impressive display of perseverance dealing with all of the hardships he dealt with to be a strong minded person today, I hope he releases an album, I would buy it for sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Of course contests and shows are going to use whatever angle it can, to generate the most hype, emotion, and thereby, ratings and $$$. It's their business. But without such a platform, many people who would have probably never seen the light of day, because they are not "beautiful" enough, or rich enough, or didn't know the right people, to show what they can do, and make their lives better.

Of all the ludicrous reality shows on tv these days, these talent contents are imo, not the worst thing out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join