It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't care if it was a hoax. It still invoked a myriad of good emotions in people. Sheeple and non both need those kinds of things. Smiles and happy tears aren't so bad right?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Spend some time living in Latin America, 4 year old begging for money, selling chicklets while their parents or someone else (their owner) watches from a distance. Children and teens are used because they get more sympathy than adults.

I cant remember, did we have energy drink in 1995-99...? Seems so long ago (but its not), I can hardly remember a time when we did not have cell phones and the internet. I am 34 : )

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by kykweer

it does'nt matter who wins, the key is getting as many phone calls as possible, are you denying susan boyle was good for income in that regard while the public were in AWE?

same with the guy in this thread, he does not need to win, the point is an imagine and storey is given to convince the public to call. if they get enough attention they release a record to and then are never heard of again untill the next person everybody feels sorry for is introduced to the show the following year.

1stly it matters who wins, its a sense in showing ur talent... Like a wonderful musician, like an armless guy playing the piano with his feet or an acrobatic act or someone with the voice of an angel, its a competition, people (well us sheep) like seeing people using their talents or special abilities, so people will want to vote for a winner in the final stages of a cometition.

2ndly like any business that give a service there has to be an income, now this evil evil evil show that is on tv all over the world so the population from each of those countries get a chance to display whatever talent they may have on tv... Even a boring old lady like Susan Boyle can sing and her clip can go viral on the internet for no other reason than she has an amazing voice hence why her albums are selling so well, people don't buy her stuff because they feel sorry for her in any way.

3rdly this guy performed in the initial stages of this competition and correct me if I'm wrong but why would people already be voting for him to win when there are thousands of contestants the Judging panel have to sort first?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

It's so great and awesome to see and hear that wonderful things are still going on around in this volatile world that we live in.
Great thread, S&F for your you.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Its disgusting this. This show is disgusting. This will never change the world in a positive way.

This is psy ops, mass manipulation.

People love this over-emotional sensationalism.

The only message I get is... as long as you have something to offer we give you a place in our society. Now you can go and entertain the peoples.

Never mind the rest, never mind the economic disaster, 24 000 starving a day, war, disease, a downwards spiral leading us straight into destruction if we don't wake up soon or later. I don't want to be pessimistic, but that is simply our reality at the moment.

There millions others out there, just as beautiful, just as talented in their ways, just as worthwhile, who get stepped over and pissed on on a daily basis.

Why does this boy get attention? Because he can entertain us. He can impress us. He is useful. He can produce profit.

That's all I see.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
why are there so many irresponsible parents in the world// 30,000 children die everrrry day

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Enkii

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
Its disgusting this. This show is disgusting. This will never change the world in a positive way.

This is psy ops, mass manipulation.

People love this over-emotional sensationalism.

The only message I get is... as long as you have something to offer we give you a place in our society. Now you can go and entertain the peoples.

Never mind the rest, never mind the economic disaster, 24 000 starving a day, war, disease, a downwards spiral leading us straight into destruction if we don't wake up soon or later. I don't want to be pessimistic, but that is simply our reality at the moment.

There millions others out there, just as beautiful, just as talented in their ways, just as worthwhile, who get stepped over and pissed on on a daily basis.

Why does this boy get attention? Because he can entertain us. He can impress us. He is useful. He can produce profit.

That's all I see.

My English professor, just the other day, was emphasizing that although logic and reasoning are great, nothing comes close to reaching a person through their emotions.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

Well when you are on your own you tend to find yourself learning all sort of things and no one to hold you back he could have learned it from any where and practiced and so on.

You would be amazed at some of the people out there that was all on their own and had no one hitched hiked every where and so on what they have learned and seen and Most of the time they are very smart not only street smart but in many other things.

I can not watch the video thanks to Hughes Net and band-with limit but I think that it is very cool and maybe now God has given him a break through in life and now he might do better then he ever thought he could.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..

This sure is a conspiracy forum
But I know, it looks like many of them try to gain audience's sympathy by complaining about their life. Where I live, the last winner got huge sympathy for presenting himself as a street guitar player / singer. People don't realize they actually make tons of money.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Soft drinks = energy drinks

Probably just a mistranslation.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Erm, the radio perhaps? And also, you see that type of situation in many Asian, African and even some of the newer European continents. In actual fact, have you ever left your own country? (genuine question)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This video, and the majority of replies in this thread, is a perfect example of the dumbing down of our soceity.

The video's subtitles even say (although in a slightly confusing way as to fool people who want to believe) that he had vocal training. The short haired woman judge(non asian) even says she would like to help him Continue with his vocal training whether he wins or loses. I mean.....duh!

Some people want to believe something so badly they become blind to the words right on the screen.

OMG he's an Angel!!!

Are you kidding me? (no wonder scam artists still make serious money preying on the needs and want's, and fears of people).

Anyone with the ability to hear and with a small interest in music should be able to tell this guy has had singing lessons, and vocal training.

It was obvious to me the moment he opened his mouth this was a classic "reality tv" stunt, and that this young man had singing lessons. Unless he was autistic, which clearly he is not.

Just remember "reality tv" is the furthest thing from reality. It's staged, the participants are manipulated, and it's edited so much that it is no longer reality.

edit on 13-6-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I watched this video again I had stop half the way.

His voice is incredible, no doubt, I mean, its amazing, a true singer.

But it's this show. Its how the viewers are manipulated into becoming a sobbing emotional cry baby. Its not his voice that make you emotional, its the foregoing story in combination with his talent.

The only proper effect this video should have is pure rage. Why? Why do we let this continuous exploitation run our lives? Why do we satisfy ourselves with the crumbs the elite scumbags throw before our feet?

There is no reason for situations such as. They only take place because of our willingness to let it happen.

This entire show it only about entertainment and distorting our sense of reality. Its the very system that propagates this show that is behind the mess ultimately.
For the people that run this show it's just business as usual. They know how our emotions work, they know how to trigger them and they exploit them for means of profit only. I wouldn't even be surprised if the entire set was staged, but I don't have enough information to confirm that.
To them solving the injustice and poverty in society would be the worse thing that could happen. They would be out of business within a day!

People aren't stimulated to think and reason here. No. Instead they are turned into cry babies. Its lamentable.

edit on 13-6-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He can break the glass

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
This video, and the majority of replies in this thread, is a perfect example of the dumbing down of our soceity.

The video's subtitles even say (although in a slightly confusing way as to fool people who want to believe) that he had vocal training. The short haired woman judge(non asian) even says she would like to help him Continue with his vocal training whether he wins or loses. I mean.....duh!

Some people want to believe something so badly they become blind to the words right on the screen.

OMG he's an Angel!!!

Are you kidding me? (no wonder scam artists still make serious money preying on the needs and want's, and fears of people).

Anyone with the ability to hear and with a small interest in music should be able to tell this guy has had singing lessons, and vocal training.

It was obvious to me the moment he opened his mouth this was a classic "reality tv" stunt, and that this young man had singing lessons. Unless he was autistic, which clearly he is not.

Just remember "reality tv" is the furthest thing from reality. It's staged, the participants are manipulated, and it's edited so much that it is no longer reality.

Ok well what's your point? Did he sing well or does he suck?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

OMG he's an Angel!!!

Lets end this. Right here. Instead of judging him based on what MIGHT have happened. I don't recall anyone on the show denied he ever had vocal lessons. So what if he did? Would that make any difference? His story is what it is. He may have been scouted by them and they have previously known what talent he had but why does it matter? It's not his fault that this is the only outlet to millions of people across the globe in order to be "noticed." That is why today's so-called "music" is nothing more than auto tuned lip syncing and personally for the most part ashamed to hear most of it on a radio much less a CD. We are polluted with false idols and people with a PAID talent. There is no such thing as original anymore. And if it takes possible plants like Susan Boyle, or this guy, to recognize true talent in the music industry, so be it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Just imagine how many people's talents have never been found and never will be found. they're just wasted.

That's just one of the many reasons why I always say that so many just take and when they take the take away opportunity from all the other geniuses and gifted and talented people who might be able to cure the cancers that are killing us.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow, a paragon of a story that exemplifies the human spirit and will to live. It also
shows that talent exists in everyone, but off course, talents vary--if a person believes they are not good at anything, then they have merely not yet found the talent that they are phenomenal at.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nothing against the guy, but the people on these shows need to have a 'sob story' to standout from the other 100000 people auditioning. I've known several reality show contestants who, if they haven't already concocted a story of their own, are encouraged to do so by the producers.

In the UK the technique is now held in such wide disdain by the public that it's been widely cutback on. Watch the next series of the X-Factor in the UK and there will be very few sob-stories compared to the first few series where around 50% of contestants were orphans/cancerous/disabled/etc.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join