It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Theist.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by SaberTruth

I grieve and rage at the poor examples being presented by professing Christians. I get in their faces when I can, and you can guess that I'm not the most popular kid on the block. They will get what's coming to them, sooner or later. I have free online books on the topic if you're interested, at books.fether.net....

If these christians have taken the steps required in the bible to be saved, such as confess that Jesus is their lord, and believe in him, and accept his free gift of salvation, what will they get that is coming to them? Eternal life? Or will you say that true christians that have done those things would not be poor examples?

Rewards can be won or lost at the Bhema Seat judgment that all believers will go through. Not everyone will enherit eternal life, many will just enter it w/o any crowns. I figure myself to be in the latter group.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

As you may remember from former contact between us, I've had my own extensive share of anomalous/paranormal experiences in circumstances even unusual for this kind of things.

Hours and hours of visual and auditive (and on a few occasions also tactile) perceptions, with a clear, though sometimes incomprehensible, pattern to it. I mean, I experienced sequences of activities related to each other, but often without a meaning to it from a human perspective.

As I have suggested to you, a suggestion recently repeated here by someone else, it's very difficult to draw definitive conclusions from such experiences. The best is to gather as much information as possible; a long and troublesome process as sources from other people also must be validated.

On the assumption, that there is a 'real' outside source for anomalies/paranormal experiences, it's unlikely that it is something humans can 'gestalt' (put meaningful together) without a very long period of trial-and-error. Unless one happens to have an authentic shaman or similar around to pass on acquired information.

I wouldn't trust my own speculations on it as definitive (I estimate, I have altogether 150 hours of intensive experiences, and many years of minor and shorter ones on and off).

A comparative trans-cultural study emphasizes the difficulties in making absolute conclusions. The emerging 'gestalts' vary considerably from culture to culture, though some basic similar patterns are present in many cases.

Besides there appear to be several non-human species around, some of them rather trickster-like or even hostile to mankind; and with agendas of their own. Probably orchestrating scenarios for us.

We in the west have practically no idea of what's going on, so I'm generally as sceptical to far-reaching interpretations here, as I am concerning common faith claims.

There's ofcourse the possibility that all experiencees are totally bonkers; I have had myself tested medically, and if I'm insane or braindamaged it's in a way unknown to present medicine. But I'm open for that option also.

One thing is certain though; if possible my experiences have led me further away from theism than ever before. If there's any reality to my own experiences, the few relatively trustworthy components in them directs me towards the idea, that theism is the greatest scam mankind ever has been exposed to.

If deity-like experiences aren't pure fantasy or brain-malfunction, they are not a manifestation of transmundane deities either.

edit on 10-6-2011 by bogomil because: imprecise wording changed

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Naaaaaaah, don't change it!

You're absolutely right, Theist-like experiences are BOTH pure fantasy AND brain-malfunction.

I've seen the light by your wisdom, we are frothing-at-the-mouth retards. Star for you. In fact, I will be starring each and every one of your posts from this day forward. Every one. It's what your brain deserves, you've earned them!!!

Don't change it at all! Why did you edit it?? You were dead-on the first time!!!

You're too wise for the rest of us, especially us Christians.

Can you please dumb-down your posts from now on so I can follow along?

Thx in advance!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If Theist-like experiences aren't pure fantasy or brain-malfunction, they are not a manifestation of transmundane deities either.

There it is in it's original glory! ^^^^

Bravo!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This thread is over with people.

Apparently I cannot be persuaded to dis-believe in God because I'm a Christian and by default that means I'm too stupid to know the truth.

Go about your business folks, thanks for participating.

edit on 11-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: I messed it up the first time because I'm a Christian, we're stupid.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And so ends another round of "lolChristians"... All atheism/theism debates devolve into, as a wise person said, "Christians stupid, God bad". We could save ourselves a lot of time and effort if atheists would just say that and be done with it. But no... I think the most prolific thread-starters in the Religion area are anti-Christians, obsessed with that which they claim is debunked and a delusion... which is itself psychotic behavior. It is impossible for anti-Christians to discuss either theism or antitheism rationally.

I'm done with all anti-theists too. If anyone truly wanted to know about the next life or what Jesus came to do, I'd be happy to tell them. But Jesus said "Don't throw pearls to swine; don't give depraved people what is sacred, because they will only turn and tear you to pieces." As usual, he was right.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
And from my position I find it deplorable, that the worst part of 34.000 groups which can't even agree with each other sermon-like send out all their various predetermined answers/absolutes, most of which contain elements of elitism, monopoly-seeking and all the other characteristics of fascist ideology.

And I'm not the least surprised by now, that there is no will, nor any competence, to present any evidence whatsoever to support all those contradictory claims. There are only vague suggestions of such evidence existing, but nobody ever gets around to manifesting them, and the grounds of:

"Because it's not worth it, it will be gainsaid in any case".

So obviously the idea is, that agreement must exist prematurely to whatever is presented, and that even the 'supporting' hijacked science, emerging as pseudo-science, is to be taken for granted beforehand.

A system based on hierarchy and authority probably doesn't even understand the concept of evidence. Orders are given and orders are taken, without any interest in individual considerations. No questions asked.

There has been a somewhat hard pressure on the pro-theist group to show their alleged evidence in any case; this is then 'persecution'. And when this tactical 'persecution' gambit doesn't stop the insistent requests of validation of theist claims, the final move is to make sullen disappearence-acts on each thread (and then return again soon), with unsavoury last words: Opposition is psychotic.

This 'diagnosis' is seemingly based on one single idea: "My opponents disagree with me. There must be something seriously wrong with them, as I'm right, because I'm right"

Personally I'm still willing to work towards a DIALOGUE, a concept which all seeking REAL knowledge is familiar with. Occasionally a theist joins such a project; I can only express my respect for those open enough to do so. To those who fear real knowledge more than anything else: Your attitudes mainly died out a century ago, you'll never get them to become popular again.
edit on 11-6-2011 by bogomil because: spelling, one-word addition

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Bogomil, keep up your writing, and posting.

It's nice to see some thinking and display of knowledge amongst these posts. You know i appreciate your words even if i have disagreed with some in the past.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Whatever you and I disagree on, there's room for you in my world, and for me in yours. And recent communication between us demonstrates this to be true, and that we can be civilized about it. 'Live and let live'.

Sad as it is, my latest contribution to this thread isn't so much a rational argument, as a repetition of a: "Is, isn't, is" chain from theist direction. In other words, I'm responding to primitive propaganda on its own terms, by repeating my own arguments from several times before.

The invasive theist mindset (similar to all other missionary mindsets) operates in black/white, but needs to be constantly reminded, that there are other black/white mindsets out there and also that a liberal overall-attitude may be more consensus acceptable and functional than: "I'm right, because I'm right".

You, I and our 'buddies' on this, are presently in a 'cold war' with slogans etc flowing in any direction. I have small hopes of real communication-efforts from the zombified, preset minds of missionaries.

As 'we' (the anti-fascists), are declared psychotic, I thus(ly) declare the missionaries sociopaths.

"May the best best mental deviation win". Maybe on terms of survival in this mundane existence.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
And from my position I find it deplorable, that the worst part of 34.000 groups which can't even agree with each other sermon-like send out all their various predetermined answers/absolutes, most of which contain elements of elitism, monopoly-seeking and all the other characteristics of fascist ideology.

And I'm not the least surprised by now, that there is no will, nor any competence, to present any evidence whatsoever to support all those contradictory claims. There are only vague suggestions of such evidence existing, but nobody ever gets around to manifesting them, and the grounds of:

"Because it's not worth it, it will be gainsaid in any case".

So obviously the idea is, that agreement must exist prematurely to whatever is presented, and that even the 'supporting' hijacked science, emerging as pseudo-science, is to be taken for granted beforehand.

A system based on hierarchy and authority probably doesn't even understand the concept of evidence. Orders are given and orders are taken, without any interest in individual considerations. No questions asked.

There has been a somewhat hard pressure on the pro-theist group to show their alleged evidence in any case; this is then 'persecution'. And when this tactical 'persecution' gambit doesn't stop the insistent requests of validation of theist claims, the final move is to make sullen disappearence-acts on each thread (and then return again soon), with unsavoury last words: Opposition is psychotic.

This 'diagnosis' is seemingly based on one single idea: "My opponents disagree with me. There must be something seriously wrong with them, as I'm right, because I'm right"

Personally I'm still willing to work towards a DIALOGUE, a concept which all seeking REAL knowledge is familiar with. Occasionally a theist joins such a project; I can only express my respect for those open enough to do so. To those who fear real knowledge more than anything else: Your attitudes mainly died out a century ago, you'll never get them to become popular again.[

I'm a rabid, stupid Christian/Theist, can you dumb that down for me please.

Of course I'm not challenging it, we all know it's teh bestest ever post of the year.

WHAT DOES IT SAY? Can you please Christianize it for us droolers?

Star for you!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by bogomil

Bogomil, keep up your writing, and posting.

It's nice to see some thinking and display of knowledge amongst these posts. You know i appreciate your words even if i have disagreed with some in the past.

AMEN!! How true, HOW TRUE!!!

Star for you!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I gave you a star for those last 2 posts.

Again, anyone who is interested in reading your posts can understand for themselves that you have no desire for the atheistic or non-religious (non-theistic) perspective.

Just end this thread already.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Whatever you and I disagree on, there's room for you in my world, and for me in yours. And recent communication between us demonstrates this to be true, and that we can be civilized about it. 'Live and let live'.

Sad as it is, my latest contribution to this thread isn't so much a rational argument, as a repetition of a: "Is, isn't, is" chain from theist direction. In other words, I'm responding to primitive propaganda on its own terms, by repeating my own arguments from several times before.

The invasive theist mindset (similar to all other missionary mindsets) operates in black/white, but needs to be constantly reminded, that there are other black/white mindsets out there and also that a liberal overall-attitude may be more consensus acceptable and functional than: "I'm right, because I'm right".

You, I and our 'buddies' on this, are presently in a 'cold war' with slogans etc flowing in any direction. I have small hopes of real communication-efforts from the zombified, preset minds of missionaries.

As 'we' (the anti-fascists), are declared psychotic, I thus(ly) declare the missionaries sociopaths.

"May the best best mental deviation win". Maybe on terms of survival in this mundane existence.

What the hell does all that mean???^^^^^

I DON"T HAVE A THESAURUS REX!!!!

(Star anyways, you posted it it must be true, and has a form of "zombie" in it so it must be about Jesus in a negative way)

Star again!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
I gave you a star for those last 2 posts.

Again, anyone who is interested in reading your posts can understand for themselves that you have no desire for the atheistic or non-religious (non-theistic) perspective.

Just end this thread already.

I already tried to end it:

This thread is over with people.

Apparently I cannot be persuaded to dis-believe in God because I'm a Christian and by default that means I'm too stupid to know the truth.

Go about your business folks, thanks for participating.

Again, thanks for participating!

It was so goodness!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Don't worry, your words are not farcical, there are people reading. The objective of the thread is a farce. The user has already declared that moving back to his atheistic position would be "retarded".

Their repeated fallacies are not going unnoticed, and neither is your honest perspective.

Civil disagreement is paramount to debate, and i cherish our civility, our discussions, because i often expand my own position. There isn't too much "food for thought" in the OP.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Bravo!!!

Couldn't haves said it better myselfs.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You wrote:

["I'm a rabid, stupid Christian/Theist, can you dumb that down for me please.

Of course I'm not challenging it, we all know it's teh bestest ever post of the year.

Star for you!"]

You want this standard?

For a week or so so I'll give it back as a reminder of YOUR position and attitudes.

The alternative is a communicable dialogue from you. Try it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I'm a rabid, stupid Christian/Theist, can you dumb that down for me please.

Star for you!"]

You want this standard?

For a week or so so I'll give it back as a reminder of YOUR position and attitudes.

The alternative is a communicable dialogue from you. Try it.

What?

I don't understand.

Star anyways for you're big brian.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You wrote (on your intention to end this thread on your part).

[" I already tried to end it:"]

And then you got smoked out. Just like me wanting to have the last word.

Quote: ["Again, thanks for participating!"]

You guys constantly play drama-queens. What about some facts instead.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

In the last 10 of your posts that can be found on your user profile (with timestamps similar to this post) show that you have suddenly changed your position and are now complimenting arguments that you once ridiculed and cast away.

So is it just facetiousness, or are you being genuine?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join