It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Theist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Please persuade me to believe that God doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I am The Universe please persuade me to believe that; Humans on a Rocky Planet around a Star In the Orion Arm in the Milky Way Galaxy In the Local Group of Galaxies in the Universe assert that their Pappa zombie lord is real.

Agnostic (BTW)

2 Billion Estimated Earth like Planets In our Galaxy Alone.

Part of the Phrase Taken from Amazing Quoted Phrase of an ATS member

Insulting? If my phrasing sounds ridiculous, that's because it is. People who rise from the dead are called 'zombies'. Christians believe they drink the blood and eat the flesh of their Zombie Lord. Don't be insulted by my words, take it up with the Bible.

But in any case... no, I do not find the idea of Pappa Zombie Lord magicking the universe into existence to be in any way plausible.

There are probably more than 170 billion (1.7 × 1011) galaxies in the observable universe
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

God created all the stars and planets, even the estimated 2 billion that are Earth-like.

Not persuaded.

Next?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Are we going to send Missionaries To The Alien Planets. To Baptize the Aliens just postulating

But in any case... no, I do not find the idea of Pappa Zombie Lord magicking the universe into existence to be in any way plausible.

And Again in case you missed it!

I am The Universe please persuade me to believe that; Humans on a Rocky Planet around a Star In the Orion Arm in the Milky Way Galaxy In the Local Group of Galaxies in the Universe assert that their Pappa zombie lord is real.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

To Baptize the Aliens just postulating

It's pointless, the Son of God didn't incarnate as an alien to die in their stead.

And I didn't "miss" anything, that portion of your post has nothing to do with my opening post.

In internet circles that's commonly referred to as an "off-topic post".

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
God created everything from the heavens to the earth. That's what we're told. Then we learn about it, we study it. We're taught to give the God who created an infinite universe from our perspective, a lamb. Yeah, God created billions of stars and galaxies, infinite mass so to speak, and he needs our lambs.

This God is all knowing, omnipotent, omnipresent. How was he created? He experienced everything. It's kinda like the cycle this universe is going through. We're all a part of one. If God knows all and experiences all, he didn't need to create this sitcom; this universe.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Not really off-topic more like it doesn't explain in the bible or many other pagan religions for that matter that we aren't the center of the universe.

And you happen not to like the statement so label it as off-topic since it shows how massive our Universe truly is when clearly we are just a speck of dust.

When the people on this Earth Realise we are just a small piece of the puzzle maybe then; they will see the Delusion for what Religion really is A term Contrived by man as well as the term God.

You see Religion and it has nothing to do with what happened on Earth 4-5 billion years before human arose. Hows that one for ya.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with what is or isn't the center of the universe.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

You see Religion and it has nothing to do with what happened on Earth 4-5 billion years before human arose. Hows that one for ya.

link   
Ever seen god? Know anyone that has? Ever know any religon to actually produce a god for proof. Think what you want.

link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

God created all the stars and planets, even the estimated 2 billion that are Earth-like.

Not persuaded.

Next?

You can't argue your point by using logic that requires your point to be true. That's like saying "There's a brick wall on the other side of the Milky Way. I know because there's a sign on it that says so."

I can't convince there is no god nor can anybody else. There is no way to prove that. There is, however, plenty of evidence supporting emerging progressive physics models that totally allow for an intelligent (or, at least, conscious) force beyond what we are able to see.

To say there is absolutely no way for there to be a god in our reality is just as ignorant as saying that you know, for a fact, that not only is there a god, but that your god is somehow the right god.

So keep up your faith in all things. Not just your god. The God I believe in is full of love. He will not judge based on how you were indoctrinated; only on your spirit and whether or not you loved.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm Agnostic (Means i can't know whether God Exists or not) But when you see Religion for what it is its just humans ways of coping with the Universe. See my quote to understand really why Religion especially Pagan from this Earth don't make sense.

Also most people already know we can't prove or disprove it since we don't have the tech and or spirtuality to do this Or psychic powers etc.. whatever floats your boat.

But when you look at How long Earth has been here and the other points i brought up in this thread. God and Religion Are terms Contrived by man. They have no meaning really for what took place in the Universe and/or on Earth before us. Its just a concept; one based on No evidence at that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
Ever seen god? Know anyone that has? Ever know any religon to actually produce a god for proof. Think what you want.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

That's elementary logic.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I can't convince there is no god nor can anybody else. There is no way to prove that.

Star for you.

That's the PRECISE reason I started this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

That's elementary logic.

Sure try that in court next time buddy. See just how far you get.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm Agnostic (Means i can't know whether God Exists or not) But when you see Religion for what it is its just humans ways of coping with the Universe. See my quote to understand really why Religion especially Pagan from this Earth don't make sense.

Okay, while I'm busy 'understanding really why religion doesn't make sense' would you kindly watch the video in my sig titled:

"Do You HATE Religion As Much as I Do?

Thx in advance.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

That's elementary logic.

Sure try that in court next time buddy. See just how far you get.

Try that how?

Am I the judge? A jury member? The Defendant? The prosecution? The defense attorney? A witness?

That's amazing logic, star for you!

edit on 8-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Please persuade me to believe that God doesn't exist.

Here again maybe formulate a reply since its the best thing i can come up with right now to prove your first question in the OP.

Maybe you can shed some light on where the dinosaurs are in the bible.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I've already told you I reject religion, especially the "christian" version of behavior modification via reward-punishment.

Considered my sig yet? Stop asking me about "religion", I reject it more violently than you do.

Maybe you can shed some light on where the dinosaurs are in the bible.

In Genesis chapter 1, the Book of Job, and anywhere the term "dragon" is used.

(That's what people called them before the 1800s when the term dinosaur was invented)
edit on 8-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Even though this discourse is super-beast, I'm gonna go play some XBOX Live.

Still not persuaded yet, but I have faith in you guys.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join