It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a UFO with flames coming out the back.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
SO I am a night porter in a hotel, it has just past 3:30 am.
I went outside for a cigarette (right next to a motorway) and heard the usual rumbling of cars and lorries. But something caught my eye in the sky, quite low, I saw a bright light with flames coming out the back, like a jet.

I saw it for about 3 seconds and the flames seemed to go back inside of the light and then it burned/went out and dissapeared. The sky is slightly lightened so if the light just turned out I would have seen a silhouette of what ever was there, but there was nothing.

I have no pics or vids, just my explanation of what I saw.

Any ideas what it could have been???

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Smokers seem to have the highest chances of seeing U.F.O.'s..
I'm starting a new habit.

Sounds interesting though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

you near a military base? I live close to one and when f-16's and f-15's use their afterburners during initial climbing looks exactly like what you describe.

i'll find a vid and post to see if close to what you saw

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Any chance that we can know of the location?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Possibly a meteorite burning through the atmosphere?

link   
www.youtube.com...

f-16's with afterburners at night

link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Very cool story. I agree, smokers always get all the sky action!
But I believe it sounds like it was just a normal meteorite burning up in our atmosphere. How fast was it traveling?
edit on 6/8/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Was it a comet/meteorite?

I can't remember what its called when it enters orbit!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

meteroid is in space, meteor in atmosphere, meteorite on the ground
dust or up to boulder size rock/metal

comet is different animal...1km to 20km but loosely packed "dirty snowball", rock dust and ice. usually dont enter atmosphere and much further away so if you can see, move very slowly across sky
edit on 8-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'd go with the meteorite/comet theory.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I saw a bright light with flames coming out the back, like a jet.

Well you've pretty much described a jet with its afterburners on, do you have any reason to believe it could be anything else?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

compilation of meteors- some weird ones not sure all meteors

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No bases around here (UK, Essex). It didn't seem to be going fast at all (maybe even stationary), and it looked really quite low.

The front had a really bright light and flames out the back, when I say the flames seemed to go inside it, they kind of went foward to meet up with the light and thats when it dissapeared. Kind of looked like it burned up like I imagine a meteor might but it ljust seemsed too low.

Edit: It could have been a really big meteor for it to seem low, Like if it was really massive it may seem small and close from far away.

We do actually get jets round here, but I know the sound, this is why I mentioned the motorway cars, I heard them but no jet engine.

Edit: I can't check vids here but will do when I get home in a few hours.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I saw what looked like a meteor tonight as well. It was about 9:45 here.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, if it was a jet that low you woulda heard it. Definitely. When I was a teen we'd go out to the airport and watch the F5s and T38s do touch 'n goes. Their strip was at least 300-400ft away. Their afterburn was longer than the airplane, and yeah, it was louder than a freight train. Motorways got nothing on the dBs of jet craft, sorry. You'd notice.

Meteors? Hmmm, possible. But by slow if you mean 6-7+ sec in the sky then it is not.

Space debris? More likely. So resident astronomers, what was falling out of the sky over Britain at 0330?

Trippy event/fact... I had a small meteor zip past me late one night up in Sonora a few years ago. Probably 100ft away, or so. It went by like a fireball making a low whoosh sound and I immediately felt a heat flash from it. Weird normal stuff does happen!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

checking to see if i can find site about satellite reentries etc. found this site

The Center for Orbital and Reentry Debris Studies was established at The Aerospace Corporation to recognize the increasing significance of orbital debris and reentry hazards to space missions.

www.aero.org...
be sure to look at quick time movie of junk in orbit they track...crazy

nope, nothing they tracked re-entered atmosphere recently

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There are a lot of possibilities. Jet, meteor, even a missile. But there is also a long history of "cigar-shaped" UFO's with flames coming out the back, dating back to WWII or earlier.

From what you described it sounds to me like something conventional. But only you know what it really looked like. *shrug*

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
the OP clearly saw a reptellian (mou-car-barka) war spacecraft, a type known as the "stinger"

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I believe you. No, really.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

It looked like a bright head light with a flaming tail, the tail then moved up to the front and the whole thing looked like it burned up and it was gone.

I wish I had gone out seconds earlier to see if there was a place it came from, but I only caught the last 3 seconds of it's activities, what ever it was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join