It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two women given tickets for eating doughnuts in a park.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
gothamist.com...

it seems the pigs need to do anything to make their quota, so there is a 'bigger pie' for the elitists to squabble over.

aww man, this sucks.

The police may not be ticketing for smoking in the parks, but they are still ticketing parker visitors for crimes like...eating a doughnut in a playground. Yup, this weekend the police gave two young women in Bed-Stuy summonses for eating doughnuts in a playground while unaccompanied by a minor.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So an adult couple can't sit on the swingset and talk on a sunny day?

I can't stop at a bench in a park while out walking unless I have a kid with me?

Are we going to start building "adult" parks for people?

Why do people tolerate let alone support asinine laws like this?

Suddenly I'm sick in the head and deserving of police action because I like swings?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

If just doing their job is handing out tickets for sitting on a park bench eating doughnuts, confiscating elderberry juice, pputting people in jail for being in debt, throwing people out of wheel chairs and the list goes on maybe they should get a different job. I It this continues they will be wanting to find a different job. Personally I don't know how they sleep at night.. I would feel like the dumbest jerk on the planet. It is the equivalent of having a job picking up dog poop. What a pathetic joke the police have become.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna
gothamist.com...

it seems the pigs need to do anything to make their quota, so there is a 'bigger pie' for the elitists to squabble over.

aww man, this sucks.

The police may not be ticketing for smoking in the parks, but they are still ticketing parker visitors for crimes like...eating a doughnut in a playground. Yup, this weekend the police gave two young women in Bed-Stuy summonses for eating doughnuts in a playground while unaccompanied by a minor.

Hey! Don't try & enforce a smoking fine or ban in parks now, come on! They've already banned public smoking indoors in UK & parts of U.S, so I'll be pretty annoyed if I find out I wanna take my dog for a walk in the park & light up, but find myself facing a fine.

Eating doughnuts out in public, on the other hand, warrants a fine... It greatly affects the ozone layer & "global warming" due to the wasted sugar falling off the doughnut & into the air. Sudden craving for a doughnut now..

edit on 8-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think we should blame the morons who passed this rule in the first place.

Sure the cops arent doing anyone a favour by enforcing it, but the REAL answer is to not have this law at all. because lets face it, its only enforcable if cops are there, and if cops are there, there isnt going to be any nasty pedophile activity happening. So the law only 'works' at times when it isnt needed anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i have a couple of takes on this..unacompanied by a minor..could be designed to keep homeless or child molesters out of childrens play area..next thing that comes to mind childrens play equipment is not strong enough for adults thus can be damaged..the last thought is this play area is for children..imagine taking your four year old to the park and she cant use the facilitys due to teenagers 18 and over hogging the equipment..bet one of these things caused the ticket..just a thought

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

I'm not sure why I still get amazed when I read stories like this. It seems I read a new one every other day.

The lady had it right....totalitarian state. Were on our way.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think the rule is more to keep the pedos from hanging around the kids and getting their jollies off.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And might I add that if there's one sure thing on ATS, its that if a thread title has a format of
AAAAA arrested/jailed/fined/tasered/beaten for BBBBBB
then its sure to be a lie.

hypothetical examples...
Man jailed for wearing sweater.
Woman fined for saying hello.
Couple tasered for telling a joke.
Man beaten for being 6 foot 1.
Women given tickets for eating doughnuts

In the last case, it was 1-03(c2), “not complying with park signs,” and doughuts had nothing to do with it at all. But hey, never let the truth get in the way of a sensationalist headline.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
And might I add that if there's one sure thing on ATS, its that if a thread title has a format of
AAAAA arrested/jailed/fined/tasered/beaten for BBBBBB
then its sure to be a lie.

hypothetical examples...
Man jailed for wearing sweater.
Woman fined for saying hello.
Couple tasered for telling a joke.
Man beaten for being 6 foot 1.
Women given tickets for eating doughnuts

In the last case, it was 1-03(c2), “not complying with park signs,” and doughuts had nothing to do with it at all. But hey, never let the truth get in the way of a sensationalist headline.

The OP was just mirroring what the title of the link he/she was posting.
Besides, and correct me if Im wrong, but isn't that what the rules of ATS state?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The world has gone nuts

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
The OP was just mirroring what the title of the link he/she was posting.
Besides, and correct me if Im wrong, but isn't that what the rules of ATS state?

In "Breaking News", yes.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
gothamist.com? ...why do they outright lie in their titles?

I got a speeding ticket once.... I guess I can make some sensationalist blog post with the title; "Man gets a ticket for wearing a seat belt"... after all, I was wearing a seat belt when I got the ticket.

edit on 9-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hi There,

Thank you for your posting - however there is already a previously posted thread on this topic HERE.

Apologies, but I'll have to close this thread.
Please feel free to add your thoughts to that one.

Cheers.

top topics

join