It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR NO. 4: US Intensifies Secret Yemen Airstrikes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

WAR NO. 4: US Intensifies Secret Yemen Airstrikes

www.nytimes.com

The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

The acceleration of the American campaign in recent weeks comes amid a violent conflict in Yemen that has left the government in Sana, a United States ally, struggling to cling to power. Yemeni troops that had been battling militants linked to Al Qaeda in the south have been pulled back to the capital, and American officials see the strikes as one of the few options t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
YEMEN on the Brink: Why the whole world will take notice.
edit on 8-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been following the Yemen story for quite some time. Many have said it is the proxy war between the US and Iran, and that the stakes couldn't be higher.

But most telling is the fact that Obama, a man who campaigned against the first two wars (Iraq and Afghanistan), has now so willingly pursued military action in two new places, Libya and Yemen.

Now why do you think that might be?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, looks like we are now on a 4 front war. I am just waiting for Iran and NK to erupt and then the US will have its handful and US troops will be mailed back in pieces. You get what you asked for.

If this is not the Christian led crusades against Muslims, then I do not know what is. Every single country the USA is at war with is a Muslim country.

Conclusion: Crusades.

Correction as TheSam noted: 5 front war because of Pakistan
edit on 8-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
With all these countries we're in conflict with, bias and government controlled media, and our constitutional rights slowly being taken away, I'm starting to feel like I'm living in the old Soviet Union.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I strictly believe the US is being used as a global bully enforcer by TPTB(nwo stuff)to rid the world of muslims. Thats why pakistan and NK have both recently "ensured" their protection of china and russia. While they sit back and quietly let us use all of these resources and go bankrupt in the process. Its just a matter of time unfortunatley, then BOOOOOOOOOM! (and unfortunatley it very well will be our own government that does it to us. again)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Right on.. It's like the new "War On Terror" has become "The War for Humanity", or Humanitarian Effort.. Like a recent thread was titled, "US says Dropping Bombs is Not War, but Guessing a Computer Password Is" ... This is Mass MADNESS!!

'

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I think it's about the oil.

Plain and simple.

Everything we do in the ME is really about that, imo.

I believe it has become our single foremost national security interest, replacing nearly everything else.

If you're wearing your tin foil hat, one could even explain MANY of the conspiracies discussed on these boards on the basis the West's need for oil.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Well, looks like we are now on a 4 front war. I am just waiting for Iran and NK to erupt and then the US will have its handful and US troops will be mailed back in pieces. You get what you asked for.

If this is not the Christian led crusades against Muslims, then I do not know what is. Every single country the USA is at war with is a Muslim country.

Conclusion: Crusades.
edit on 8-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Make that a 5 front war. Don't forget about all the drone strikes in Pakistan too!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I think you are absolutely right. Its rather smart, there is a reason we haven't started tapping into all the oil that is under are own feet, and believe me, there is a lot of it. Its simple really, we take all the other oil in the world, buy, take it, whatever, spending however much it takes, then, when the worlds oil is gone, the US sells its own supply at HUGE profits of money, or as exchange to wipe away debts we owe.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

If it were about the oil we would already have benefited from our previous 8 yrs of invading middle eastern countries. Instead we are goin more broke?? Ill tell ya TPTB and russia and china are no dummies, nor would china and russia just sit back and just watch the US take over all of these countries arbtrarily. It would be a threat to their future security?! We are being set up!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think he should be awarded another peace prize. After all, even Kissinger got one!

Peace prizes are for warmongers and war criminals. Obama deserves one. Bush too. And Clinton too.

Venezuela, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, NKorea, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq. Those are the war theaters the warmongers want in.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The irony is astonishing, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Regular war is so 'yesterday'.

Nuclear war should be the new 'in' thing....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

US is merely trying to control the outcomes of the revolutions, instead of letting the people decide.

In Libya US turned to its own pawns to take the revolution hostage, then when the CIA trained and financed rebels were losing, attacks against the regime by NATO started.

In Yemen Saleh is US's main man, since there is no one to replace him amongst the revolutionaries and since he is losing, the US is bombing the revolutionary forces.

Kinda obvious to see, but it will be hard to convince a lot of people because they want to live in barby land.
edit on 8-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How come this isn't front page headlines? This is big news. It should be in bold font on the front page of CNN saying: "US conducts airstrikes in Yemen."

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OK We all know Obama is a shill for someone else.

We get that... Is this part of his new campaign strategy? Get us in SO much Hot Water we'll want to see him through 4 more years? That It? He'll be able to save us with a little more time while he shreds any sense of respect or relationships worldwide?

Which is worse? Four more with this atrocity running the office?
Or cut our losses in 18months, and wonder how much crap his handlers are going to sneak through the system whether we like it or not? And then do damage control with that OTHER party.(OH brother)

I'll bet even Democraps know the gig is up. They have SERIOUS problems now.

Even MSM can't cover for his weakness anymore. And I think they too are a little fed up spoonfeeding us crap knowing it has Roundup in it. Puppetdudes strings are about to get cut from everywhere. Abandon ship!

Put a fork in us..

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Thanks for explaining TBTP is NWO lol.

Give us some credit

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
With all these countries we're in conflict with, bias and government controlled media, and our constitutional rights slowly being taken away, I'm starting to feel like I'm living in the old Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union that was, or the Soviet Union that the West described it to be?

Last time I checked, the Soviet Union did not engage in imperialist wars. Even in Afghanistan, they went there to support the communist party that was under seige via CIA-funded mujahideen fighters.

In fact, the Soviet Union believed strongly in multiculturalism. Obviously the US doesn't, considering it has waged war against the Middle East for a decade (and convertly for decades).

Maybe you're confusing the USSR with Nazi Germany. It was Hitler's government that mislead his population into believing that they must invade other countries for the sake of their security.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Don't we need permission to do this? We get to arbitrarily assume who the good guys are and bomb accordingly?

Thanks for the update..Who else is a bad guy??..Gettem!!

Where's Russia and China during this?

Oh..they're saving their bombs for the right moment.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loneranger26

I think you are absolutely right. Its rather smart, there is a reason we haven't started tapping into all the oil that is under are own feet, and believe me, there is a lot of it. Its simple really, we take all the other oil in the world, buy, take it, whatever, spending however much it takes, then, when the worlds oil is gone, the US sells its own supply at HUGE profits of money, or as exchange to wipe away debts we owe.

Correction, The corporations will have HUGE profits of money.

If that happened gas here would be soaring, as the government clamps down and strictens usage of the reserve oil.

Then they would control our money system and oil system. Add in Monsanto for the food. The box is getting smaller, but theirs is as well
edit on 8-6-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join