It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Strange Moving Fork on my Kitchen Worktop?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello I have recently experienced a weird phenomenon, I was sitting in the lounge with my girlfriend when a fork seemed to move out of place in the draining board? I had got a glass of ribena approx. 2 minutes before, I did not touch the fork or draining board but it seemed to slip out of place???




posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCrindleton
 


Sounds pretty normal to me. Happens to me all the time. Grabbing the glass caused the equilibrium of everything else to be slightly bumped out of place. Which led to the fork slowly slipping until gravity got a good enough hold on it to pull it down
edit on 6/8/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCrindleton
 


So basically it moved by itself? I had a frightening paranormal experience about 2 years ago. I had gotten up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Everyone in the house was asleep, but while in the bathroom, I heard someone running around loudly in the living room. I then heard what sounded like someone dropped a piece of silverware on the kitchen floor. This was pretty loud. The first thing that came to mind was burglars. However, when the sounds stopped, I went throughout the house and checked all the doors and windows and there was no sign of forced entry.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrCrindleton
 


I remember being in the kitchen in my house about a year ago & getting food from the stove. I grabbed a bowl & put it down on the counter to re-heat the food, the bowl starting moving! Being alone in the kitchen at night gave me an unnerving feel.

At one point I even convinced myself that it was just a figment of my imagination & the bowl didn't move...But it wasn't like a small movement at all...I put the bowl down on the counter & it literally glided a good few inches!

But I've come to realise that the base of the bowl may have been wet, or had some oil on it that made this happen. Not sure if this is the same sorta thing as your fork, so maybe you could elaborate a bit more on details.

Have never actually thought about the bowl thing until now. Still sorta trips me out.
edit on 8-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
reply to post by MrCrindleton
 


Sounds pretty normal to me. Happens to me all the time. Grabbing the glass caused the equilibrium of everything else to be slightly bumped out of place. Which led to the fork slowly slipping until gravity got a good enough hold on it to pull it down
edit on 6/8/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)


Think I concur with Quantum. The word I was looking for was equilibrium! When I got the bowl then set it down, it must have caused the bowl to move slightly...especially if my kitchen counter (or your draining board) isn't perfectly hoizontal, but maybe slightly tilted or summat, so further affects the 'equilibrium'



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I wonder how many ghost and poltergeist stories start just this way? Someone moves something, and a few minutes later the unbalance causes silverware or a book or any old ectoplasm sitting around to move, make a noise, and then a new ghost has suddenly arrived in the folklore. Shivers me timbers, that's for sure.



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Haha I love when that happens to me! Sometimes I'll be doing dishes and I'll set down a dish and it will literally float like 2 feet away. Depends on how much water I've managed to splash on the counter tops though lol



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister
 

I wonder how many ghost and poltergeist stories start just this way? Someone moves something, and a few minutes later the poltergeist says, "G--dammit! I put that there for a reason! Well, it's about time I started getting my own way. I'm moving everything!"



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Haha I love when that happens to me! Sometimes I'll be doing dishes and I'll set down a dish and it will literally float like 2 feet away. Depends on how much water I've managed to splash on the counter tops though lol


Only thing is my counter wasn't wet at all, as I was by the cooker rather than the sink!

So just trying to think whether, when the bowl moved it left a "skidmark" of water behind..Don't think so though.

OR for all we know, we all have some very hungry poltergeists floating about..!



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Odd how no liquids were involved. Maybe the bottom was still wet from when you washed it and put it away?
Maybe you plopped in down with enough force and inertia that it slid a little?
Or maybe someone was just a tad too tired and was half asleep lol idk
edit on 6/8/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Odd how no liquids were involved. Maybe the bottom was still wet from when you washed it and put it away?
Maybe you plopped in down with enough force and inertia that it slid a little?
Or maybe someone was just a tad too tired and was half asleep lol idk
edit on 6/8/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)


- All of the above.


But yeah, I definitely remember no liquids of any sort...I had just gotten the bowl from the cupboard & I'm pretty sure it was completely dry..
I'm leaning towards plopping down the bowl with force...I do actually remember that as soon as I had put the bowl down to the side, then turned on the cooker, it had started moving.

Thank God your a quantum physicist & have come up with logical explanations...otherwise I'd still be wondering about it!

edit on 8-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just try to imagine, that there is no fork..



Deebo



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Just try to imagine, that there is no fork..



Deebo


Wtf, haha this made me



posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


No problem! I gotta put my 10 years of college to work at some point, right? Haha



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   


here is a video with a lot more than just a fork moving.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join