It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Employers Will Drop Current Health Insurance and let you have Government Insurance after 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted anywhere and this is news to me. According to a recent report, most or more than 50 percent of all employers are predicted to drop health insurance for employees when Obama Care goes into full effect in 2014. That is among companies that have become more knowledgeable about the health care law. The article starts off by mentioning that at least 30 percent are very likely to drop health insurance before it mentions the prediction of over 50 percent. I can see the writing on the wall. If almost 50 percent start dropping health insurance for employees, I can easily imagine the other companies will quickly become more knowledgeable about the government program and they will drop the insurance as well unless they already offer special perks to employees.

www.cnbc.com...

To stay competitive which businesses tend to do or go out of business, eventually I can see most employer sponsored health insurance disappearing due to this new government insurance which will likely be rationed at some point in the future due to declining government revenue. I wanted to raise awareness and hope that some people will vote for those who want to repeal this recently enacted health care program. In my opinion the government does a lousy job of running things. I do not want to go see a government doctor at some point in the future.
edit on 8/6/11 by orionthehunter because: clarified where the over 50 percent was mentioned, not at the beginning, later in the article

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
if you think healthcare is bad now

you people are not going to end up with healthcare as good as blue cross or blue shield or aetna aka private healthcare.

you people are not going to end up with 535 congressmans version of healthcare

you people are going to end up on medicaid type of insurance

a single payer system where there is no compettion and those prices will skyrocket.

this is the bed you made when you voted for obama and that will be the consequences of it.

if you think your in the poor house now

wait til you see whats coming.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

since healthcare is figured into union contracts and that is figured into their hourlys

that would mean the employer would cut their care since the government took it over.

isnt that what the waivers were all about?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Go to school highly skilled workers are in big demand, companies will still offer them insurance as a perk. By highly skilled workers im refering to tech jobs, healthcare ect. ect..

If the govt. wants companies to offer more insurance they are going to have to raise the fine. Two grand is far to low to make providing healthcare financially feasable for most companies especially companies that dont need highly trained workers.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

By most I mean over 50% not 30%. The article starts off with saying 30% is almost a sure thing. Then it goes on to say further into the article that the prediction is over 50% among companies that know more about the health care law. When employers start dropping health insurance for employees, I've seen that story before with pension plans, soon it seems like everyone is doing it. So like pension plans became 401k plans, I expect employer sponsored health insurance to get dropped and they'll just say we can sign up for the government program.

Government costs will of course sky rocket if companies think it is in their benefit just to drop their employees. I never believed the government was going to save any money like some people proclaimed. Of course the government can increase their revenue if they increase all of our taxes a whole lot. We may not be able to afford to go anywhere or do anything but we'll have government insurance rationed healthcare. I prefer the current system.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Obamacare will be outed as soon as Obama is outed, and all is moot since there will be no 2013. No worries. *sarcasm*

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I also know that two hospitals where I live are cutting non-essential staff this summer in preparation for certain parts of the bill that come into effect next year. Apparently the hospitals are worried that the government won't be able to afford some programs and procedures like with Medicaid and stick it to the Hospital. Who then has to try and get it from the state. Almost never works.

Could be that the health care bubble .. our seemingly last great industry
is about to pop.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This coming from a report authored by the great financial minds behind Enron and Goldman Sachs...

Totally "reliable", pro-business, bull#. Likely trawled the member list of the US Chamber of Commerce to ask the questions to.

new topics

top topics

join