It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In jail for being in debt...indefinite incarceration for 300$...arrested for 85$

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yup there about to jail me for debts owed (child support, medical bills etc) and I never broke any law except for the law that you must pay your child support I guess...this whole system is bogus bs

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think he's Alan Greenspan.

Evan
How can any of this system be of man when it is obviously so against and hateful towards man ? Requiring him in everyway to become a cyborg at the very least to maintain himself ?
edit on 9-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Here in Colorado Springs Child Services got thumped for taking money for every kid they were able to grab.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
c'mon folks, put the power of the web to work. if the collection agencies don't want anyone to know about this, make it your FB status and e-mail it to everyone you know !!!

I just did

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
edit nvm i misread op
edit on 9-6-2011 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

My sincere well-wishes. It is crazy, but the folks that didn't stand up when it was ONLY child support they got ya for will join you in the work camp cuz they thought this miscarriage of justice would never apply to THEM. I know that is no real consolation.

It is illegal to be poor and male in America.

What is really sick is that it's a cycle they set up--you're in jail for 6 months or so, where you get further behind, and have a record now, and when you can't get a job (surprise, surprise) you're generally out for 2-4 months before they put you back in jail...etc, on and on, and over and over...and they say they want fathers involved in their children's lives? It's a joke, and a scam, and I really feel for you, brother.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's a good idea. I'll do it without seeing the difference it will make. Just to show there's always hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Smh...Wow...When will Americans fight back? It's a shame that cops and military personnel will actually harm unarmed civilians...What are ways that we can prevent this or peacefully fight back? Though, sometimes peace does not solve the issue, for instance, Independence Day.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lesson Learned:

Don't borrow money.

The thing is, if there weren't protection of the lender, then no one would lend.

edit on 6/9/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Click you tube link underneath vid.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So if it works like it does here, the guy being sued would have had to come up with 150 dollars to "go to court" I know this first hand from a medical bill which came during a 10day lapse in coverage 700$ bumped to 850 with filing fees and my options for contesting it cost me the same 150 filing fee. Luckily Family helped or I would now have a judgement i could not even make token payments on.
Never even knew about the lapse and bill until after I became completely disabled and could not do anything about it. Even though my Dr is at the facility and I see him still and they had all my info I was never informed. The debt was sold off and I was served after 4yrs to make sure I had no documentation or means to obtain it to contest it if I chose to. This is the third such medical debt to have slipped into collection while I was supposedly insured with no notice. In fact one hospital billing clerk said it was MY responsibility to know what my bill was not theirs to tell me! When my son was 12 we got an "aged" bill for his birth and I had double coverage at the time.The collector tried to extort 3x the debt in interest by holding our credit hostage. An F/U and a letter from an attorney solved that but that was when i was making money. An serious injury has stopped the money and debt is like an axe waiting at my neck for even simple necessities like lights and water. Fact is if you do not make enough money things are set up to put you in debt for something, medical,transportation, housing etc.
Where do we draw the line on what is irresponsible debt and being economically swamped? Having been economically swamped by medical debt 3x in my life with no credit card debt only a mortgage( which I lost too) I can say this system is set up to destroy the average joe. Funny how it has some other "joes" cheering it!
seed

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

hey, you never know, maybe the daily show ill pick up on it ! yeah, I know, they won't but we can hope....

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Considering the high levels of debt the US is in, so much so there was talk of the US defaulting, does that mean the United States Government should be locked up for failing to pay their debts? Also makes me laugh that people are being jailed for small amounts of cash, considering it costs money to house an inmate in jail, why would they even bother?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It';s up on mine as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Remember this?

Judges Plead Guilty in Scheme to Jail Youths for Profit.

I sure hope you are not suggesting that our legal system and it's employees are taking the same course as our government and choosing to support (and profit from) corporations? That would suggest that these paid, and/or elected officials are trying to hurt you and I while trying to help the big businesses...and themselves.

THAT would be a reason for REVOLUTION!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Spending thousands to collect hundreds is par for the government course.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

This isn't the 'Government'. This is big industry and big banking who are now controlling our Government and our security forces. Have been since around 2001- it's just expanded now to the point of being obvious to even the most unenlightened.
People don't seem to understand that Corporate Control of Government has another name: Fascism.
As Mussolini said- Fascism is more accurately called Corporo-Fascism. That's what happens when companies become too big (and powerful) to fail.

It's time people stopped blaming 'the government' for all of their ills when our Government is functioning as nothing more than guard dogs now for the people really running the show.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

I'm aware of process leading to the arrest warrant. The point is, these lawsuits have NOTHING to do with recouping funds for the debt issuer. These collection agencies are simply opportunists and this is one of their many ways of abusing the legal system to intimidate debtors.

these lawsuits clog up the docket and prevent the timely litigation of legitimate contract disputes, and have only empowered collectors who often break many of the rules (FDCPA, FCRA) along their merry way to the courthouse. Unfortunately, someone struggling with their finances probably doesn't have the time to learn their rights and do the due diligence on these collectors. most of the agencies cannot legally validate their right to collect after the debt has passed many hands, and can be stopped right there with a form-generated validation request letter.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Obviously what we are looking at in this thread is "money being used as a weapon". I suggest to you that "money being used as a weapon" is a terrorist activity. The German philosopher Karl Marx stated in his famous book Das Kapital that "private property is theft". Money is all about gaining ownership. Property. It is thus logical to say that "money is theft". Especially as is the case with regard to money lending "usury" where the usurer [moneylender] is deliberately out to rob you of your estate. Your estate, which as you know, is used as security when getting a mortgage loan.

דאָך וואָס מיר זענען זוכן בייַ אין דעם פֿאָדעם איז "געלט ווייל געניצט ווי אַ וואָפן". איך פֿאָרשלאָגן צו איר אַז "געלט ווייל געניצט ווי אַ וואָפן" איז אַ טעראָריסט טעטיקייט. די דייַטש פילאָסאָף קארל מאַרקס סטייטאַד אין זייַן באַרימט בוך דאַס קאַפּיטאַל אַז "פּריוואַט פאַרמאָג איז גנייווע". געלט איז אַלע וועגן גיינינג אָונערשיפּ. פאַרמאָג. עס איז אזוי לאַדזשיקאַל צו זאָגן אַז "געלט איז גנייווע". ספּעציעל ווי איז דער פאַל מיט אַכטונג צו געלט לענדינג "וואכער" ווו די וסורער [מאָניילענדער] איז דיליבעראַטלי אויס צו באַגאַזלענען איר פון אייער יסטייט. אייער יסטייט, וואָס ווי איר וויסן, איז געניצט ווי זיכערהייַט ווען געטינג אַ היפּאָטעק אַנטלייַען.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
would locking people up for being in debt not make more people turn to crime? you would know your going to jail anyway so why not take the risk to get the extra money to pay the debt inorder to stay out of jail. i would not recomend it but would'nt people start thinking like that?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
would locking people up for being in debt not make more people turn to crime? you would know your going to jail anyway so why not take the risk to get the extra money to pay the debt inorder to stay out of jail. i would not recomend it but would'nt people start thinking like that?

Seriously I'd like to be like DB Cooper in these times!!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join