It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floltilla volunteers had guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Only now, more than a year after the violent flotilla incident in which terrorists tried to run Israel's blockade of Gaza, has it been conclusively shown that some of the "humanitarian" flotilla participants were armed with guns.

Photos of passengers on the Marmara ship sporting the guns were published on Tuesday in the Yediot Acharonot daily. It is not clear why the photos were not published until now.

The flotilla, ostensibly organized to bring humanitarian aid into Gaza, was organized by the Turkish organization IHH, of radical Islamic anti-Western orientation and with a history of ties with and fund-raising for Hamas.

When the ships neared Gaza some 13 months ago, Israel warned them not to attempt to breach its legal blockade of Gaza. However, the Mavi Marmara ship did not adhere to the orders, and IDF commandos were forced to board the ship and stop it by force. They did not expect to be attacked by the humanitarian aboard the ship, but when they were – including being set upon with metal pipes, chains and knives, having a soldier nearly thrown overboard, and others briefly taken prisoner – they were able to fight back, killing nine of their attackers, including five known terrorists.

The incident led to international headlines for weeks afterwards. The flotilla backers consistently claimed that they had only peaceful intentions – now belied by the new photos.

A United Nations committee is expected to publish its findings on the IHH flotilla incident within a month. Israel's well-documented position that it was within its rights in using force to stop the ships did not receive much play in the international debate, though the UN committee is expected to justify Israel in this regard.

Another anti-Israel flotilla is being planned for the coming weeks.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Both sides are still guilty of atrocities no matter how you boil it down.

I don't expect anyone to be vindicated any time soon. It will only get worse and the innocent victims of all nationalities will only keep piling up.

Edit: Oh the thread title got changed. It said "Israel Vindicated".
edit on 8-6-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Good find if it's true.

My only question would be that if they indeed have guns, then why metal pipes, chains and knives?

Doesn't make sense as they would have had plenty of time to arm themselves as they were being approached.

Maybe something I'm missing?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Could you provide a link to the pictures in question? I believe we would all appreciate the opportunity to make up our own minds as to their authenticity, and it's the least one would expect in order to accept the claims made in the OP.

EDIT: Sorry. By the time I finished my post the link was there. I gotta say though: Doesn't it seem like it might be a bit blurry and inconclusive to anyone who might not agree with you?
edit on 6/8/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah looks great. Looks like more Israeli propaganda to me to justify another slaughter.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It doesnt make much sense to me either.

Either way, with or without guns, the flotilla was an illegal mission to enter the Gaza port which bearing Israels security concerns, is illegal. The fact that it continued in that direction without respecting Israels demands warranted the response that was given. They should have done what is done with all other humanitarian aid to Gaza (and they get substanially more then other 'refugees') - it goes to the port of Ashdod, is check in case weapons/explosives are being smuggled in. And if it clears, its passed on to the Gaza strip. There is no problem with this protocol. The Gazan will get the aid. Refusing to stop was nothing but a political provocation.

But again for the metal pipes, etc.. Maybe they had guns - in case a possible stand off occurred (and so be able to kill some IDF soldiers) but also metal pipes, chains etc, as a pretext for the post-event fiasco. Remember. The only logic in the flotilla refusing to heed Israelis warnings was to FORCE them to respond. That is what happens when you contravene a nations - Israel above all - laws. So, when Israel did respond, as usual thought to be 'disproportionate - it was used as political ammunition against them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not referring to this article in particular, but its interesting to see the different attitudes towards government truth around the world. Most (American) ATS users wouldnt trust the government if they said the sky was blue, and would have to assume it was disinfo.
Yet in Israel, it seems (again, not referring to this post in particular) that if they say something, then they've got believers. Someone is said to be a terrorist, thats what is believed. Someone killed was shooting back, it must be true. An IDF soldier was in danger, it must be true.

Its almost inconceivable that a ATS user from the USA would start a message thread stating a controvertial and hitherto unknown "fact", based on evidence from "the government", (especially the military) and expect to have anything but ridicule.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

i am not amused
truly despicable IMO just planting the idea in peoples heads to pre justify the next massacre

i invoke the Anathema on this BS/hoax thread!!!!

where are the pictures?
oh the IDF has them...

sure, no doubt taken with the same camera used to take pictures of OBL corpse.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Yet in Israel, it seems (again, not referring to this post in particular) that if they say something, then they've got believers. Someone is said to be a terrorist, thats what is believed. Someone killed was shooting back, it must be true. An IDF soldier was in danger, it must be true.

There are some, some that have even posted in this thread, that if you said "Israel confirms the sky is blue!", they'd say it was a Zionist plot to [insert crazy talk here].

/TOA

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by jude11

It doesnt make much sense to me either.

And for good reason.

1) If they'd have had guns, they would have shot them.
2) if they'd have had guns, we would have heard about it that day. You and I both know that israel wouldn't wait a year to trot it out.
3) The only apparent source is the IDF, which is at most as trustworthy a source as any other nation's military would be.
4) It's an unverified source; the pictures are unreleased.

The fact that you - the guy who thinks mass murder of Arabs is perfectly okay in all instances - are expressing doubt at all about this, should set a light bulb pinking on over your head.

This is probably untrue bullcrap being shoveled out to pre-empt the next flotilla.

I think I'll spare everyone some time and not delve into the romantic subplot you've got in the rest of the post.
edit on 9/6/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I wouldn't speal to soon, this seems deeply suspicous to me. First, why are we only hearing about this now? Second, where are the photo's? Third, the first link you provided is unreliable. This can be seen in their manner of writing and by using a simple google search to find some information about the news agency.

Arutz Sheva (Hebrew: ערוץ שבע‎) (Channel Seven) is an Israeli media network identifying with Religious Zionism. It offers online news in English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and Russian. Arutz Sheva offers free podcasts, live streaming radio, a daily email news update, streaming video and 24 hour updated text news. The Israeli government has never granted it a license to broadcast, prompting[who?] charges of government discrimination against the Religious Zionist public. Arutz Sheva sees itself as "the only independent national radio station in Israel" and a counterbalance to "'negative thinking' and 'post-Zionist' attitudes."[1] Based in Beit El, an Israeli settlement in the West Bank, Arutz Sheva is regarded as the voice of the Israeli settlement movement.[2]

It also seems that this may be untrue according to this statement.

MK Zoabi said: "I will only be able to respond once I have seen the picture. I did not see any armed person standing next to me and similar claims in the past have turned out to be false."

We'll just have to see as time progresses. I am sure many pro-Zionists will use this as propaganda even if it is debunked which I believe it will be.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Yeah looks great. Looks like more Israeli propaganda to me to justify another slaughter.

this

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is one of the photos that were published, showing a “peace” activist carrying a weapon.

www.mako.co.il...&sCh=3d385dd2dd5d4110&pId=1575680455

The claim that there were firearms aboard the Marmara, was heard as soon as news began to arrive.
The Israeli commandos have claimed this from the very beginning, not just now, like some of you would like to twist.

Furthermore, one of the soldiers had a surgery to remove a 9mm bullet that did not match the Israeli weapons used in this operation.

Lastly, in one of the first videos published a year ago, you can clearly hear the commandos in the radio communications shouting “ they have live firearms” once they began landing on deck.

From what I gathered, this latest video was in one of the confiscated computers and went somehow unnoticed by the IDF intelligence.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Only now, more than a year after the violent flotilla incident in which terrorists tried to run Israel's blockade of Gaza, has it been conclusively shown that some of the "humanitarian" flotilla participants were armed with guns.

Photos of passengers on the Marmara ship sporting the guns were published on Tuesday in the Yediot Acharonot daily. It is not clear why the photos were not published until now.

The flotilla, ostensibly organized to bring humanitarian aid into Gaza, was organized by the Turkish organization IHH, of radical Islamic anti-Western orientation and with a history of ties with and fund-raising for Hamas.

When the ships neared Gaza some 13 months ago, Israel warned them not to attempt to breach its legal blockade of Gaza. However, the Mavi Marmara ship did not adhere to the orders, and IDF commandos were forced to board the ship and stop it by force. They did not expect to be attacked by the humanitarian aboard the ship, but when they were – including being set upon with metal pipes, chains and knives, having a soldier nearly thrown overboard, and others briefly taken prisoner – they were able to fight back, killing nine of their attackers, including five known terrorists.

The incident led to international headlines for weeks afterwards. The flotilla backers consistently claimed that they had only peaceful intentions – now belied by the new photos.

A United Nations committee is expected to publish its findings on the IHH flotilla incident within a month. Israel's well-documented position that it was within its rights in using force to stop the ships did not receive much play in the international debate, though the UN committee is expected to justify Israel in this regard.

Another anti-Israel flotilla is being planned for the coming weeks.

www.israelnationalnews.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

simple reason for the photo delay is it took them all this time to fabricate them with PS. oh, and they nearly thru a soldier overboard? shame, shame they didn't throw the lot overboard.
did it ever occur to anyone that the first soldiers to board could then pose as attackers to the next lot just for photo shoots for the newspapers?
remember we're dealing with cunning psychopathic zionists here. chosen people? chosen my rectum

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Am I the only one that dosen't see a gun?

From what I gathered, this latest video was in one of the confiscated computers and went somehow unnoticed by the IDF intelligence.

I'm not suprised, It hurts my eyes trying to recognize if their is a gun or not.
edit on 9-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I'm sure you'll be able to see it as soon as the video is released, without hurting your poor eyes so much.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I'm sure you'll be able to see it as soon as the video is released, without hurting your poor eyes so much.

I'm sure by the time the IDF has finished "cleaning" up the images we'll see the "so called" terrorists each carrying an ICBM in each hand..
And you guys will say it's legit..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
...and yet....not one Israeli attacker was shot! What does that tell you?

If they had this footage all this time, they would have been screaming it from the rooftops from day one. Now, faced with another flotilla, they release this all of a sudden, in an attempt to justify their intentions.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Haaa ?

Ignorance and blind hatred is one thing, but pretending to know how to read?
Lets try again. Read my first reply then do some research.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join