It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances the U.S. economy could eventually trigger violence in our country?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by joe12

I don't see a civil war, but I see the crime rate rising to an all time high. People get hungry and desperate, no telling what they will do. Burning one's cars in the road won't solve this either.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
as Abraham Lincoln said (actually he was quoting from the Bible) 'a house divided against itself, shall fall'

and that is where we stand in America right now sadly, what's shocking to me is that there hasn't been more civil unrest before now. actually if the economy did plummet, it is possible that people could stand together, could unite to help each other, sharing what they had to help their fellow Americans, but it probably won't happen. unity is not the American way. since America was colonized, it's been divide and conquer, and even now, it's more of the same.

so that's where we stand right now, destined to fail UNLESS something changes within the minds of people. i do believe that the critical mass of our culture is rising, and it is very possible that people may stand together in the near future, but we have to usher in that change.

i really like the old quote about 'everyone thinks of changing the world, but nobody thinks of changing himself' i think thats what we must examine in order to reach the goal, to examine ourselves, first and foremost

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Riots in the USA?

No chance at all so long as TV and Internet is still up and running.

Beat me to it. And your right. Something is going on here. We have record unemployment, record debt, people losing their homes, jobs and nothing. What happen to all the anti-war protesters? We're still at war, and nothing. In answer to the OP's question? I doubt we'll see any violence.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011

I am worried you are going to tank the world economy again next year, and really, its not good for my retirement savings.

Can you GET any more selfish and self serving?

Here is a newsflash for you, its not all about you. And the same people who have effectively destroyed our economy are also seizing control of yours, so instead of worrying about the US tanking the worlds economy, worry about the people who tanked ours with their globalist schemes who are also destroying countries about the globe.

The US is not the "cause" we are just the first nation to fall victim to the globalists. Nothing would be happening to other nations if they were not playing the same game, with the same people.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
As a Non-American I can't really understand this? I mean, riots and demonstrations if the economy collapses I get, but civil war? Who would fight who?

Un-employed vs employed or what? If the dollar plunges, it won't matter who is in office.

Well I don't think it will be a Civil War. I beleive at first it'll be the Gangs who depend on drug sales and government subsidies (which are being reduced) who will employ the first forms of violence and then all the people who aren't gang affiliated will be just defending themselves then once the gangs are put to rest then we may just fight against the government and corporations and banks or else we just go back to what we were doing before the Gangs started their violence.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The violence that America is soon to experience will be a race war or total Anarchy with the strong preying on the weak.
Even on ATS you can see the scapegoating and finger pointing.

Cities will burn.

edit on 9-6-2011 by whaaa because: Have a nice day!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wolveseyes

To answer your question Yes, it's happening right now and it is going to get worse. There has been a big jump in crime in my area and I'm sure the same thing is happening everywhere else. As jobs were already hard to come by around here alot of locals made their money in illegal trade for as long as I've lived here. There's always been a drug problem in the area but never violence that until customers werent lining up like they used to. Now the jobless adicts are breaking into homes, cars and business' and the shadier dealers who arent getting customers are jumping people for 10-20 bucks. The new thing the past couple of months is people robbing people they know. What really confuses me is everyone here knows eachother we used to be a quiet clean and close community, but the economy split the people up and its sinking faster that obama in a truth telling contest.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The violence that America is soon to experience will be a race war or total Anarchy with the strong preying on the weak.
Even on ATS you can see the scapegoating and finger pointing.

Cities will burn.

edit on 9-6-2011 by whaaa because: Have a nice day!

If it comes to that I'm on team white! (not condoning racism, merely looking in the mirror)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The violence will come from young punks that think Facebook is god.

I read ths whole thread and have realized that the young up to 30 somethings (for the most part, I am 32) will be occupying the FEMA camps. Write home and tell us how it is when you get busted for rioting.

I can see it now. " The conditions are so disgusting." "I can't believe that they are doing this."

All the while me and the rest of us civilized country folk are out fishing and hunting and preparing for the harsh winter ahead. Go on, you are important. This nation revolves around you selfish Facebook popularity contest wannabe's. I am waiting.
Start your rise up. I want to see how this turns out.
edit on 9-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I'm glad you are preparing, I suppose once one becomes as cynical as you being alone is not only good but preferable. If people want to warn others, network, and be a part of something then you should be happy someones ready to fight the battle for their families rather than just themselves (as you are). Lets hope some under 30 facebook loving loser cares about you as much as I care about my friends and family.

Btw, apathy is not a product of age. There are young people who have the same attitude as you so please don't attribute it to maturity.
edit on 9-6-2011 by BrianC because: adding more

edit on 9-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

I got a visual of a cynical old hill folk man sitting in a rocking chair on a porch waving his cane/shotgun at me

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

"You punk skateboarders!" 32 isn't that old, not so old that you should be so detached from a conversation like this. Now being upset with society is a good thing, as a 21 year old Jersey Shore has made the past four months of thinking I was going to be having a baby girl (its a boy!) unbearable. But that same beautiful disgust with the world around us whether we conform or not will allow American's to rise up against the unjust

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolveseyes
reply to post by wolveseyes

oh great i googled him and i got texan republican
guess ima have to spit on
him. don't like obama either, if the ballot had a none of the above line i would choose that one

It does have a 'none of the above' option... its called a write in vote...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

Theres actually a lot of awesomeness in the "none of the above" idea. I think Americans would have a much easier time agreeing not to vote for any two candidates than getting together and agreeing on one write in. None of the Above for 2012!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

I'm glad you are preparing, I suppose once one becomes as cynical as you being alone is not only bad but preferable. If people want to warn others, network, and be a part of something then you should be happy someones ready to fight the battle for their families rather than just themselves (as you are). Lets hope some under 30 facebook loving loser cares about you as much as I care about my friends and family.

Btw, apathy is not a product of age. There are young people who have the same attitude as you so please don't attribute it to maturity.

Cynical?

All I read on ATS is how America is failing, we need to take our country back. This is cynical.

I love my country. I will not fight because some 17 year old kid with a computer is mad he didn't get his fast food fix for the day. I will fight for my country when the time is right. I believe that the first wannabe revolution will be squashed by TPTB here in America. What is wrong with thinking this? You can go follow these people that get false facts and follow falsified information to agitate people for their agenda..(whoever for whatever) Look at the end of the world threads. It isn't happening for me here, now. My family are more important than what everybody else thinks about themselves. The fearmongering is taking over America.

I even agreed with most of your comments and I believe I am one of the few that starred some of them. You must be one of the people I was reffering to in my comment above. Go on fight. I will watch it on NBC....., preparing for the real battle the right way. I am no coward, but I do not wish to fight someone's false wars for freedom. Freedom that has nothing to do with Facebook popular opinion. Get the most friends, maybe you will win.

To win against TPTB you have to think like them. Rioting, they have covered. This isn't Libya.

Think friend.
edit on 9-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: them

edit on 9-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: oops

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by BrianC

I'm glad you are preparing, I suppose once one becomes as cynical as you being alone is not only bad but preferable. If people want to warn others, network, and be a part of something then you should be happy someones ready to fight the battle for their families rather than just themselves (as you are). Lets hope some under 30 facebook loving loser cares about you as much as I care about my friends and family.

Cynical?

All I read on ATS is how America is failing, we need to take our country back. This is cynical.

I love my country. I will not fight because some 17 year old kid with a computer is mad he didn't get his fast food fix for the day. I will fight for my country when the time is right. I believe that the first wannabe revolution will be squashed by TPTB here in America. What is wrong with thinking this? You can go follow these people that get false facts and follow falsified information to agitate people for their agenda. Look at the end of the world threads.(whoever for whatever) It isn't happening for me here. My family are more important than what everybody else thinks about themselves. The fearmongering is taking over America.

I even agreed with most of your comments and I believe I am one of the few that starred some of them. You must be one of the people I was reffering to in my comment above. Go on fight. I will watch it on NBC....., preparing for the real battle the right way. I am no coward, but I do not wish to fight someone's false wars for freedom. Freedom that has nothing to do with Facebook popular opinion. Get the most friends, maybe you will win.

To win against TPTB you have to think like thm. Rioting, they have covered. This isn't Libya.

Think friend.

I really don't feel that anyone, on this thread at least, is a facebook troll. I completely agree with your thoughts regarding end of the world threads and some of the other stupid stuff we see on ATS (Illimunati member answers your questions!) but we're not trying to incite violence here. For the most part people are just trying to gauge how likely it is that the mainstream American public would rise up given a particularly bad event. I have no intention of dying for a false cause but if something was able to set off the mainstream, the facebook whores and tv puppets, maybe 20% of people in the country, then I would be out there protesting and fighting with them.

The conversation is all speculation so its not designed to really answer questions, just gather opinions and thoughts. I'd like to think Americans are capable of action if something bad enough came their way but who knows what would be bad enough or if they would even notice.
edit on 9-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

It is nice to see that we see eye to eye. I hope it never gets to the Mad Max stage. When you are on ATS long enough, i9t seems as if it is going to happen at 5:00 this evening. I am here to collect data so maybe I have a jump at whatever comes.

Have a nice day. It is hot here, but nice. I have to mow.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

haha yeah ive noticed that, we do have plenty of non crazies here but the crazy people always make the most noise so it becomes hard to tell. btw i read an awesome article about mexican drug gangs creating mad max style tanks and it was pretty ridiculous. theyd build turrets and thick steel covers over trucks and vans, i think youd find it a cool read, i'll find a link once i finish my smoke and get on the pc. sorry again if my post came off as abrasive, yours did at first but i completely see where youre coming from now haha
theswash.com...

edit on 9-6-2011 by BrianC because: linked

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would like nothing more than to watch the american people to over throw there lying deceitful two faced goverment

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

14 rifles and 3 handguns 6 airsoft guns im good lol come on lol ive done snipe training lol I pop a cap in some @$$. hell i even got a crossbow lmfao

last thing the us military wants it to shoot a hot skinny chick toten around a pink hunting rifle

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join