It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Jig is finally up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So here's the deal, everyone is curious about disclosure and I've seen plenty of threads from posters claiming that disclosure is 'soon'.

How soon? Let's take a look at some of the evidence and content that's been presented and shared over the years on ATS. Plenty of great stores, neat photos, interesting videos, some viral and some from talented creative people. None of it though has provided any conclusive evidence, or made any substantial case that we are not alone in the universe.

It will probably take nothing short of a landing on the White House Lawn or some other high profile location to convince a LOT of people that we are not alone. This forum simply feeds the fray that are already curious but doesn't fully capture a large audience. The related links from similar websites and such are nothing more than preaching to the choir more or less.

So if we are or are not alone in the universe, when is the Jig finally up?

I imagine as technology enhances or extends our ability to see and visit (sorry, google earth, moon, mars does not count.... nor does any other agency related outlet for pictures and information as it can be manipulated, contain artifacts, or masked out.) I'm talking about more personal experiences here.

Maybe, privatized space flight, and personal endeavors to document and experience the heavens will ultimately reveal the jig is up.

And because of this, I think I will avoid anything that states UFO in the title of a youtube video.... but for the explorers and curious folks.... there's neat stuff popping up where people are reaching to new heights and documenting it.....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well we have 70% of people who believes in UFO's. Yeah it'll take a landing in public to do that. All we have to do is wait i guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That was an extremely cool project and vid and your hypothesis is intriguing..

The following vid probably doesn't have any relation to UFOS, and it was a government project, but here's a stud that rode a balloon higher than that...and jumped.

The man: Capt. Joseph "Joe" Kittinger. Jump itself is at 3:59, but I highly recommend watching it all if you aren't familiar with "the first man in space."

edit on 8-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Great video, it's currious to me though, wouldn't stars be visible to him, wouldn't they be visible to anything that photographs that high up?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

The thing is, you can't get powerful personal technologies without the help of some large institution. The more advanced or specialized the technology, chances are, the larger and more powerful the institution. It doesn't matter whether it's government or corporate, because ANY of them could -hypothetically- be part of some kind of power / control conspiracy.

Privatized space flight is a great example. Bigelow Aerospace is an important and respected company competing to develop space-based technologies right now. But there is a HUGE conspiracy regarding this company's involvement and/or experimentation with alien activity, and rumors of alien sightings, portals, gun fights between aliens and Bigelow security, etc. Just Google "Bigelow Aerospace," and then google it again with the word "aliens" slapped on the end of it. There are numerous posts about it right here on ATS.

I guess the point I'm leading up to here is that we don't really have a say in this. If we believed every conspiracy out there, we'd be sawing our own legs off. So we can choose to distrust EVERY person out there who's in a position of power, or we can shrug and say, "Yeah, there's something going on, but I don't know enough about it to say what, why, or even point a finger."

Now, I'm not saying we should stop looking for more information. And you may be right after all; maybe private space flight will force it to happen. But I think the only way "disclosure" can happen, really, is if somebody who is involved and holds a respected office CURRENTLY (not formerly) says that it is happening, either by their own decision to come forward or by having their comments leaked through something akin to Wikileaks.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I do not subscribe to any belief that some form of extraterrestrial visitation disclosure will happen.

I do believe that the next few hundred years of technological advancement will eventually make it impossible for the governments of the world to hide the secret any longer. Either that or an accident could happen that would tip the conspiracy out into the open. Ongoing problems can't be held secret forever no matter how many people die keeping it.

I do not think the answer will come in our lifetimes, but 300 years from now I don't see how anybody will be able to maintain the secret unless a technological regression takes place from some type of global catastrophe.

Actually a global catastrophe may be the impetus for finally finding out the truth. With governments disrupted from the fallout of some major disaster there may be nobody around to clean up UFO events. The survivors may bitterly learn that they've been deceived all their lives while attempting to scrape the pieces of them back together.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Actually screw it. Disclosure isnt going to happen for a very long time unless a miracle happens. People who investigate UFO's cant even agree on things. Its all an argument, wheather its modern UFO's, UFO stories from the past and Ancient Alien Encounters. We cant seem to agree with eachother on anything. Its almost like we are kids. With all the Hoaxes and people trying to push BS stories and all the arguments and that comes with thos it makes us look like we are kids. And these kids screaming "DISCLOSURE IS SOON" for years and years but dont you think we should get organized as a group. I can now see why alot of people dont look at us seriously. The truth is that we are not ready as a group or as a species in general. We need to grow up and in about 300-500 years from now if we havent annihilated eachother over petty Bull# mabey we will be mature enough to know the truth about the presence of ET's.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If I understand your position correctly, I agree 100%. "Disclosure" will occur when our tech gets us to them; More specifically, when our tech in the mainstream allows us to get to them, or detect them consistently. Until then, "disclosure" is on a personal level and usually dependent on what you, the individual, can handle at that time.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

I want to disagree with you, but in some ways I feel inclined to agree. While some people are open to the idea now, we have a long way to go as a species before the average person (including all second- and third-world countries) really understands basic astronomy, much less the idea of extraterrestrial evolution. Maybe it would be too big a pill to swallow.

But at the same time there's a big part of me that has to shake my head. We're in a new age now. Companies are making cheaper and cheaper web-capable netbooks and tablets, designed to give even the most poverty-stricken children a chance at accessing the information of the internet. They call it the Information Age for a reason, and we've always had a terrible habit of underestimating our youth. I suspect we're far more "ready" now than we realize, and in this context, the abuse of what could be the most important information in human history for the sake of a privileged few is nothing short of criminal.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

New WORLD order anyone? That may have been the first serious plan to consolidate humanity as a prereq for open contact. Wonder what the second plan is/was? Would hate for it to escalate to plan 9, though.

Gotta get back to making that solaranite... Humanity depends on it.

new topics

top topics

join