It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth brutally killed by rangers in Karachi(Footage)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Youth brutally killed by rangers in Karachi(Footage)

www.samaa.tv

Staff Report

KARACHI: An unarmed youth, Sarfraz was killed in firing of rangers’ officials in Boat Basin area of the city, SAMAA reported on Wednesday night.

According to the sources, the youth was brutally shot dead before he was arrested by the rangers in the Benazir Bhutto Park.

Rangers told the media that Sarfraz was involved in a dacoity and killed in encounter.

On the other hand, the heirs of deceased staged a sit-in protest before Chief Minister House, saying the youth was innocent and went to the park for outing.

The extra judicial killing of the youth has been condemn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.liveleak.com
www.geo.tv

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

The boy looked like he was pleading with the soldiers, he looked scared out of his mind. He has been accused of theft, despite being un-armed the thug that shot thought it was worth death. He was only a teenager, what a waste of life. He clearly is un-armed posing no danger..how can the rangers defend this?

www.samaa.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
with the great example the leader of the free world, the u.s., shows the international community, like shooting, tasering and beating unarmed people all over the world, who is anyone going to complain to.

american law enforcement and combat training at it's best.

edit on 8-6-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
kinda like

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

On the off chance people are confused on this, they are Pakistani Rangers, not American rangers.

Pakistani Rangers

The Pakistan Rangers are part of the paramilitary force command, and consists of members of the Pakistan Army under the direct control of the Ministry of the Interior of the Pakistan Government. The prime objectives of Rangers is to provide and maintain security in hot conflict and war zone areas. In 1995, the Pakistan Rangers divided into two parts; Pakistan Rangers Punjab headquartered in Lahore, Punjab, and Pakistan Rangers Sindh (formerly the Mehran Force) headquartered in Karachi, Sindh. The two divisions have different uniforms and chains of command but work under same ordinance such as The Pakistan Rangers Ordinance 1959.

American Law Enforcement / Military has nothing to do with this, but kudos to the person who felt the need to dis on law enforcement. Apparently ignorance knows no bounds.

Guys missed the update as well. They didnt get away with it.

Staff Report

KARACHI: Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Wednesday night that a judicial inquiry will be set up to probe into the killing of a youth, Sarfraz, by the rangers’ officials.

The minister further said that the involved rangers’ officials will be punished. SAMAA

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Maybe you shold actually attach the news articles to put it in context, instead of pushing an agenda...

Miami Herald - Memorial Day shooting

Gee I wonder why the driver was shot -

Business owners, police, activists and residents have been abuzz since early Monday morning, when officers shot and killed the driver of a car that allegedly struck a Hialeah officer, then led police on a three-block chase down Collins Avenue, crashing into cars, running up on the sidewalk and nearly crushing bicycle officers before skidding to a stop at 13th Street.

Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

and

Miami Beach police brass was mum on the shootings Tuesday. They have yet to release the names of any of the 12 officers involved in the shootings, the three injured officers, the slain driver, four wounded bystanders, and the man arrested in the second shooting on Washington Avenue.

Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

Is it to much to ask that people attach the corresponding article to youtube videos that place the video into context? Failing to do that while trying to spin it in a different manner in an effort to make it into something its not is just sad.

The theme here is deny ignorance, not embrance it and hope no one notices.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Good to see that the're being brought to justice.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
with the great example the leader of the free world, the u.s., shows the international community, like shooting, tasering and beating unarmed people all over the world, who is anyone going to complain to.

I'm not even going to read any more of this thread before pointing out what a total piece of BS the above response is.

Exactly where does it say in the OP that Americans did this?

edit on 6/9/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
VERY GRAPHIC!

Bump, I think this deserves some attention...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Obviously George Bush's fault.

Oh wait, I think I see Dick Cheney in the background.

I think you only saw the term "Ranger" and your knee jerk liberal reaction was to think the US Army.

edit on 9-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
thats was a hillerious moment..when i watch this video i was so scared and i just hate this.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just watched the video posted by ATS member, Kemal. It looked like an uncut version? What I saw was a distressed person running toward the ranger unit, and we have to keep in mind that Pakistan is a dangerous place. This young man could have had a grenade on him or a suicide vest? You just don't know? In my humble opinion, he risked his own life acting all erratic as the video showed. He should have remained calm and in a position of submission. However, easier said than done in a high octane situation like that and adrenaline is up.

I heard his calls, but we don't know if he was given any instructions by the rangers before being shot? Can anyone translate what he was saying to the soldiers? Just to get a better idea, because I am not familiar with any Pakistani languages. Lets not jump to conclusions until we know what happened first. Another poster mentioned that an inquiry is taking place at the moment to determine what happened. Any death is tragic, but we have to keep in mind the circumstances of why it happened. As I mentioned earlier, Pakistan is a dangerous place and we have to remember that when commenting on the procedures by this military unit. Honestly, I am in no position to make any judgement on the situation. Not enough information.
edit on 26-12-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Just so we are clear, the Rangers in question are NOT American, they are Pakistani.

Whatever the reason, the question as to why and what happened should be directed to the Pakistanis, not the US.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Of course they are Pakistani Rangers! I never said they were US Army Rangers. Where did you get that notion? I suppose you are just reiterating what you have said earlier? No need to reinforce what you said to me. I already know those soldiers are from Pakistan. Look no further than their weapons and uniforms. Thanks for the reply. I will wait for an investigation before delivering my knee-jerk reaction.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Yeah it was a reminder that doesn't seem appropriate with you so my appologies. I was sending responses in the idiotic Canada US law enforcement coming for your children thread. Sorry man...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
VERY GRAPHIC!

Bump, I think this deserves some attention...

The Pakistan Rangers messed up, but, we have to be fair. The kid kept reaching towards his assault rifle. It might be a cultural difference, but in the USA he would of been shot immediately if he tried to reach for an officers firearm.

I think it was more of a slip-up then an execution though as most of the Rangers responses are of the "ohh &^%$" variety then anything sinister. Now their response after he was shot is unacceptable. They should of atleast tried some kind of first aid or something, but all they did was watch him die from a slight distance like cowards.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That kid got a raw deal. Trigger happy control freaks are not just in America anymore.
edit on 1-1-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for additional outrage.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
really Geo is providing the true news and this breaking news is full of amazing and i love the news a lot and thanks you have provided us these news here

new topics

top topics

join