It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone actually woken up from a dream laughing out loud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This happened for the first time this morning. I was apparently back in high school on an epic field trip. My class was standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier, waiting to watch an F-16 take off. It finally starts up and everyone stops talking to gaze intently on the event. It launches, rotates wildly back-and-forth just above the deck, and crashes right into the ocean. I found it hilarious how quickly and easily the pilot lost control, I guess. The person would have to either be suicidal or extremely drunk in real life for this to actually happen. But I woke up at that part and caught myself actually laughing out loud from what happened in the dream. There were a series of amazing dreams before this one but I will not mention the content of them for the sake of keeping my account

Has this happened to any of you? I never thought it would be a very common occurrence for anyone.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Nope, for me sometimes it's panting, crying or screaming when I wake up to the same spot where I started. In my house, alone. My god, I miss that man.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
This happened for the first time this morning. I was apparently back in high school on an epic field trip. My class was standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier, waiting to watch an F-16 take off. It finally starts up and everyone stops talking to gaze intently on the event. It launches, rotates wildly back-and-forth just above the deck, and crashes right into the ocean. I found it hilarious how quickly and easily the pilot lost control, I guess. The person would have to either be suicidal or extremely drunk in real life for this to actually happen. But I woke up at that part and caught myself actually laughing out loud from what happened in the dream. There were a series of amazing dreams before this one but I will not mention the content of them for the sake of keeping my account

Has this happened to any of you? I never thought it would be a very common occurrence for anyone.

I do all the time, and also talk in my sleep almost every night. Some of the thing my girlfriend tells me I say are;

Me "Of course they do.."
GF "What?"
Me "They're politicians, of course they travel"

*laughing hysterically*
ME "The zeppelin is trashing the city!!!"

ME "Batman and Bob-o-Pedic have joined forces with the powers that be. We're all doomed!"
With this one I also talked for quite a while about Batman's utility belt, and how awesome it is.
edit on 6/8/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have, many times.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I once woke up and I was saying something. I can't remember what it was...A poem that just came to me, but I forgot the words nearly right away.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ive been told that i laugh in my sleep quite alot!

I would say im a pretty happy person so i dont know if thats a possible cause to my laughter in my sleep!

Im the kinda guy who finds the good in everything haha!

It makes me happier to know im laughing in my sleep

Rock on

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I have. I still remember the dream, but being that it was absolutely ridiculous, I wont share, lol. I woke up laughing so hard that it woke up my then-husband. Even after I woke up, I couldn't stop laughing. I kind of wish it would happen again.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think it was my very first lucid dream. I was in a dark cavern with tall pillars stretching into the shadows of the roof. There was an unseen entity knocking me around, pushing me, knocking me down. It finally grabbed my by the collar and lifted me off the ground, then began uttering the most gruesome threats you've ever heard. It went on and on, until it finally used a line I had made up and used in real life "I'm going to take you apart like you were made of Lego!"

It was then I realized I was dreaming, and that it was really me doing this to myself. I found this hilarious, and howled with laughter until I woke up, still laughing.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Totally. I've woken up laughing. I've woken up crying. Once, I was having a dream that I was an earthworm and woke up wiggling my whole body! I was spending the night at a friends house when this happened and she was awake, laughing the entire time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No but I awoke to aliens laughing at me.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yes, and I couldn't even remember what I was laughing at.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
not laughing but one of my friends tryed waking me up because my phone was ringing and getting on his nerves. he said i would smile everytime he yelled at me which cracked me up when i finaly woke up and learned about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yes i have, twice i think. I've also had only one lucid dream, where i had powers to create with my mind,
but the people in my dream kept laughing at me when i told them they weren't real but only part of my dream. This lasted 20 minutes dream time before the police aircraft with bombs attached started flying around the skies in what i was told was New York.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
To answer the OP, basically.

There are some dreams where it will reach a conclusion, like a movie ending, and then I will comfortably and slowly wake up. At this point, I will open my eyes with a smile on my face because of the pleasant dream.

I love comedic non sensical dreams.

Dreams are seriously a big part of my life. Sometimes to the point where when I wake up, it takes me a second to recalibrate into this reality, if that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

normally i wil wake up peacfully from a dream because it is time to get up but sometimes if i don't like the dram and feel the need to get away i will wake up with a WTF just happened feeling but i cannot remember laughing i think that i owuld want to stay in a dream if i was laughing

new topics

top topics

join