It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncalled For Attacks On Moderators

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Why wait?

That takes care of the creedance.

This proves that the Mods don't have it rough all the time.
edit on 8-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm sorry I forget stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

agreed...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Dude, I just watched that. Excellent version.

This got my Creedence working though:

Sorry, child of the 60's.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I can imagine they do get amused with us more often than not.

on the video.
edit on 6/8/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You really shouldn't be attacking anyone here but honestly, I get called a lot worse things in RL then I do here. I have some pretty thick skin. If you've lowered yourself to personal attacks, whether it be to a mod or not, you've pretty much already lost the argument anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

It's a conspiracy site everyone is .....suspicious!!

the paranoids are after us!
I do agree though,personal attacks are not cool
edit on 8-6-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by whaaa

Hmmmm. Just what is a "people like you" Whaaa?

A malcontent, a troublemaker, that absolutely despises preferential treatment of the chosen few and elitist abuse of power. And I'm not afraid to express it.
Granted, now I use subtle sarcasm instead of outright insults; because above all I am a gentleman, a man of wealth and taste....

Pleased to meet you...
edit on 8-6-2011 by whaaa because: code pink

Well, we're in agreement then. Except for the gentleman, wealth, and taste. But I'm working on it.

Pleased to meet you as well sir.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Klassified

It's a conspiracy site everyone is .....suspicious!!

the paranoids are after us!

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hate all of the MODs.

Every single last one of them.

I even hate the owners. Yup, I said it.

And I hate myself...

And all of you...

'bout the only people I like are the members who were banned.

I visit their profiles every morning.

/*now runs*

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well...aren't you just being sassy...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I hate all of the MODs.

Every single last one of them.

I even hate the owners. Yup, I said it.

And I hate myself...

And all of you...

'bout the only people I like are the members who were banned.

I visit their profiles every morning.

/*now runs*

Sorry that was just too cute and funny not to laugh.

On a serious note , I hope the mods don't feel like they can't express their opinions . I myself have attacked a mod for something, and later found out it was posted in sarcasm .

I would like to see more posts by mods , because it would be interesting to read their points of views on more issues.

Oddly the most posts by mods that I have seen is in a thread about a masonic funeral..?? assuming many mods here are masons I guess.

edit on 8-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Completely agree.

I've been - and occasionally still do - get called and treated far worse by people I know, and often care for, in real life.
So, really, if we take things to heart here on ATS its also perhaps an indication of our own personal perspectives.

That said, I also acknowledge that we Staff do have our *Off Days*, we do occasionally get affected by what is thrown our way...but thats why there are also so many of us. We Staff also need to be mindful that if something or someone is getting us all antsy then we need to tag out to another Staff Member and let them handle it.
The last thing any of us should ever do is Mod angry. That's just a recipe for disaster for all parties involved.

Additionally I would like to add this:
We do try to be decent Mods. I acknowledge sometimes to some people it may not appear so...but predominately thats our focus.
We do have our faults and our failings and make our wrong calls...so in those instances I can also appreciate that people can feel aggrieved by any Mod Actions we may have taken.

Thats understandable...if we *do* something to someone that they don't like it is understandable that the response back may not be overly pleasant as well. Its not excusing it...but nevertheless it is on some levels understandable.

As always - Complaint Link - please use it rather than take it out on the boards if one of us doing something you don't agree with.
Again, some may see that as not having yielded the outcomes they may have hoped...but again the reality is sometimes the answer is still *No* even if you personally feel it should have been *Yes*.

...and, as mentioned, if a Mod Action is disagreeable to you then while a less than pleasant response to us Staff may be understandable...I can let you know that approaching us all hot and angry is less likely to result in an amiccable outcome. That again is reality for everyone...be we Member or Mod. So please also be mindful that we Staff are not the recepticles of your Bad Day either...

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Your post is one of the reasons why this is one of the best boards on the net.

Nicely expressed.

Oh.....and ferns are good.

I don't hate them.

edit on 8-6-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by intrepid

You again ?

Shaddup !!!

I'd like to vote you as worst mod.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whaa dam that was bad. I was all in to that.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The worst things Ive ever called a mod are : tater-totter, flood-believing-bible-thumper, and smelly bacon addict. You know who you are!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Zaanny
Members seem to forget that we are a community and the schoolyard mentality needs to be subdued.

Sometimes it is better to just be a peon.....

Agreed. Problem is, I've already seen a remark made to a gold member using their status against them. Right now it's mods, tomorrow it could be anyone who has been here more or less than a certain amount of time. Or, who knows...

IMHO the new status bar/wrap-around for gold etcetera members is off-putting. because someone contributed X amount of times their input is suppose to be more valuable? thats the implication i get from it. if i honestly saw it in action, i would feel otherwise. but i've seen too many comments from status bar members that are Captain Obvious or Agreement statement = no real contribution to a thread. i don't get it. Quantity or time does not equal insight, wisdom or high quality.

I do think it would be nice to have a little something on the Members sidebar to show their contribution level or whatever. The framed wrap-around makes me think of how Doctors have their diplomas framed on the walls. Its almost as distracting as flashing avatars: a little on the tacky side.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Modtrons!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join