It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seize DC: Citizens For Legitimate Government ~News report by legitgov.org

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Seize DC: Citizens For Legitimate Government ~News report by legitgov.org

www.legitgov.org

Why SEIZE DC?

Endless, illegal, murderous and bankrupting war abroad; endless, brutal and bankrupting attacks on the vast majority at home—this is what we protest.

How to SEIZE DC?

We protest "peacefully," although not passively. We do not accept marching orders. This is how we protest.

For 10 years, we have witnessed the absolute formalization of protests—the seeking of permits, the placing in quarantined zones, the appropriation of 'free speech' and the pro forma 'right to dissent,' treated as a purely formal and meaningless expression. We say, enough! We need no permis
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There it is.

I wasn't sure where to post this at first and almost went with "political madness", how ever it is most fitting here as it's current news after all.

Personally I would side with a firm and stead fast group of people, who know their rights. Than say those who are unfamiliar to the territory.

Looking at the news, I do feel a sense of purpose in the collective society we call America. It may not always be a good one, with all the crime and such, how ever so long as counter cultures exist. We will always have grassroots, communities who come together in times of trouble and support their beliefs.

We have rights, but if we don't exercise them, they may be lost.

www.legitgov.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Couple of thoughts come to mind. Not deriding or debunking the effort - who knows it may work.

However, I noticed that they're using the U.K. spelling of some words. That ain't good.

Second, telegraphing your moves to the "enemy" is never a good idea.

I'd think in the end that it could wind up being a false flag or a way to wind up the bottom up/top down takeover.

Edited to add: The site is owned and registered to Lori Price and May First-People Link. Some of their board members are from the Brecht Foundation and Praxis, progressive organizations with the usual Soros funding sources.

edit on 8-6-2011 by billxam because: added content

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Well you just now made me nervous as I subscribed.... And I live in the UK !

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Im from the UK and use American grammar sometimes, doesent mean he's from the UK because of his grammar.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sept. 10, 2011 ? Talk about procrastination.

link   
What will this band of folks do when the mounted and riot police show up to break up a possible illegal activity?
I am not totally sure of the legality of not getting a permit for a demonstration, in the corporate states of America.
Plus D.C. is not a state, but a district unto itself.
Not sure how laws differ there.
I will assume the organization will be getting no permits and roam where they please.
This also brings up another question for me, would this thread be against ATS T&C?
It is a recruiting page advertising possible illegal activity.
This is not sarcasm, but a real set of questions.
I think this had something to do with the open carry rally and why they were across the river.

link   
Seems the problem is the translated from Spainish to the wrong English.
www.legitgov.org... is tied to mayfirst.org... which is a Spainish supporting organization that supports Hugo Chavez of Venzualea.

who.godaddy.com...

Registrant:
Lori Price
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, Connecticut 06011-1142
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: LEGITGOV.ORG
Created on: 31-Dec-00
Expires on: 31-Dec-11
Last Updated on: 26-Dec-10

Administrative Contact:
Price, Lori [email protected]
P.O. Box 1142
Bristol, Connecticut 06011-1142
United States
+1.8605855699

Technical Contact:
Jumpstart Inc., Media [email protected]
May First-People Link
P.O. Box 1804
New York, New York 10159
United States
+1.7183033204 Fax -- +1.7187707699

Domain servers in listed order:
A.NS.MAYFIRST.ORG
B.NS.MAYFIRST.ORG

chavez.mayfirst.org...
chavez.mayfirst.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So, whatarya sayin bro?
It is a venezuelan front?
Can a country actually use the web to incite unrest?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Its the new fad.
Start a webpage on Facebook and Twitter and overthrow a government.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I do think these guys need a care package.
www.scribd.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about the recruiting part, every one can do as they want, free will and all. How ever, as it is news that's fairly recent, and being updated, it caught my attention. Especially since it is related to much of what is discussed here on ATS.

Do not forget the community here is called Above Top Secret for a reason. We come here to discuss these very subjects. Ones which include a broad variety of perspectives. Which I encourage and look forward to.

If there was ever such a place for news as this to be available, our community is for sure among them.

reply to post by JBA2848

Very interesting document, I like the part where it says;

DO NOT USE MOBILE PHONES TO PLAN OPERATIONS IF THE GOVERNMENT
AND SECURITY FORCES ARE YOUR ENEMIES.
They will be tracked and monitored.

Well imagine that, since it was the government after all who released the technology.

Great scribed link, I have been using that quite a bit myself.
The scribed site that is of course, very useful document finder and such.

edit on 8-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2011 by ADVISOR because: duplicate

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Yes, I think it does. Here in the US, no one spells like that. Trust us.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Im not sure if I would use Facebook for a protest anymore.
June 7, 2011 5:27 PM PDT
Facebook quietly rolls out facial-recognition tool
news.cnet.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Intersting read... Although the speech on the website is better in its origional German form. Some of their comments are also from the Little REd book (for those who dont know what that is, read up on Chairman Mao and the founding of communist China).

Aside from the undertone of the meaning, I agree that chnages need to be made.. I dont think we ae anywhere near the radical / extreme form just yet though.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

By no means.

Besides those who are inclined to be such, are going to be picked up much like the Hutaree or other who the fed feel are a threat.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

By no means.

Besides those who are inclined to be such, are going to be picked up much like the Hutaree or other who the fed feel are a threat.

(Not aimed at you, although I quoted you. My response is to anyone)

I keep seeing this paranoid comment over and over, so let me ask people this. Who is going to be arresting whom? I do law enforcement, and at no time would I comply with a command to arbitrarily arrest people, or use deadly force on a person to break up protests etc.

Any attempt for any entity to chuck the Consitution into the trash will be met with opposition. Not only from the paranoid, but from law enforcement as well as military personnel.

I dont know what you guys are smoking, but to assume that ALL Military and Law Enforcement will just roll over and say yes sir is about one of the most naieve uneducated statements I keep seeing on these forums.

People need to get over their rectal-canial inversion, quit being over paranoid and take part in the process. If your representative doesnt represent what you think they should, then vote them out of office, or better yet, run for office and make changes from within.

Protesting is fine provided it doesnt turn into some lynch mob. People are so quick to say the system does not work, yet in conversation and debate its revealed the person who thinks that, doesnt take part in it. We the people are to blame for the mess we are in, not our elected officials. I say this because we are stupid enough to keep sending the same people back time and again, while refusing to hold them accountible. We have term limits in this country as the Federal level - They are called elections.

I find it hypocritical for people to refuse to use the system, while complaining the system doesnt work. How do you guys know it doesnt work if you never take part in it? I think its high time people get out from behind their computers and do what the founding fathers intended them to do. Take part in the government that is elected to represent the people.

Throwing rocks at the house from the outside is always easier than fixing things from within. People MUST start doing the latter, plain and simple.
edit on 8-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I just replied on a post here, about 48% feel a depression is coming. my replay was just this seize congress...and restore fariness. Change means NOW, actions speak larger than words* we all know wallstreet, CEO's in congress arnt doing nothing for us. quite the oppostie, thier destroying the middle class,...traditionaly speaking this is of the works and order of the NEw world order, as Bush senior has said many times on tv. the middle class msut be near or totlay obliterated for it too succeed...america is broke* their bnakrupting it, overspending to crash hte constitutional ssytem we have, and bring in a dictator, or something along those lines, to rule over us all. seize congress an dback them politicians up agianst the wall for fairness and change of greed. i'll bet yuo, if thuoseands of us on news are reported to ushering into washington dc for this, see how fast the guilty ones run out the back door, get helicoptor taken away to thier save havens...things like that. then, the truth visibly will be beholded internationally on tv*
the stupid ones, will riot and pick eachother off. if truley we are a nation of globalists and mixed culture,..let us show them its WE that count, not them, and work together for change at last* keep jobs in USA, keep it USA made so you and i have jabs, fair salarys and no more tax payers payout of military occupation of foriegn nations.
Bush jr.at least shuold be in prison. with proof of 9/11, and so on. at least. dont fall into what they want to happen,, riot, pick eachother off. thats what they want..obliterate eachother so they can walk in and take over. as an old saying goes..a house divided cant stand. united we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

No problem, so then, in that case you won't mind if I do the same.

Originally posted by Xcathdra
to assume that ALL Military and Law Enforcement will just roll over

Agreed, not all service members are going to follow orders blindly. Or have people forgotten about the officer who went to jail because of his beliefs on Obama, or war protesters who refused to deploy and fight a war they did not belief in. It called moral conviction, some people have morals and the conviction to follow them.

Others are greedy and self centered...but that is not every one. Some are willing to be on the level and go the distance.

Especially since we only swear to follow the "lawful" orders, of the officers appointed over us. So, seeing as they who have not had federal service would not know, they have no real authority to speak on said matters.

Besides, I have active military service under my belt, almost 50% retirement worth. Been deployed in a combat role, yet my posting history and habits on ATS remain the same. Our families are here, our friends are here and no one who has volunteered to defend and protect these things, is going to to just blindly follow illegal orders.

Saying such horribly ignorant things about the military is like saying all ice cream truck drivers are pedophiles, or all catholic priests like little boys etc.. One bad apple does not mean the whole bushel is rotten.

Again, the comment is not directed at any one in specific, just the general public who hold those illogical, and overly uber paranoid thought patterns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join