It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Again, Is There Any Logical Argument Against Gay Marriage?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I can sum my point of view up in one quote:

Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one.
Don't like abortions? Don't get one.
Don't like drugs? Don't do them.
Don't like sex? Don't have it.
Don't like your rights taken away?
Don't take away anyone elses.

The fact that children are impressionable, thus being a reason as to why gay marriage should not be legal is complete and total hogwash. Children are exposed to the straight way of life on a daily basis from the media, and various other places, but the second you throw a gay couple in the mix, it becomes a problem?

Truthfully, I think a child would be far more traumatized from say, an abusive father and an abused mother than two loving, supportive, gay parents. Just because it does not fit your moral opinion doesn't mean that because of that opinion, peoples rights should be ripped from them.

That point of view stems from the belief that individuals have the choice to be gay. It's been proven time and time again to be false. Not to mention, children are going to be exposed to things sooner or later. As much as you'd like to think your kid is in a magical bubble of conservatism, I can promise you, going to school on a daily basis, and coming into contact with people far less friendlier than yourself will dilute their mind enough. So should we ban schools because it exposes children to other viewpoints, both good and bad?

Deny ignorance.

I find it somewhat amusing that the degradation of ancient Greece was brought into this conversation, and how homosexuality was involved. In Ancient Greece, pedophilia was common. Murder of newborns was common. Sacrifices were common. Bestiality was common. Rape of women was common. Slavery was common practice.

So really now, to say 'look what happened to the Greeks! It's going to repeat itself' is hardly a logical argument when pertaining to homosexuality. You fail to take into consideration the far more defining lack of morale that occurred in the civilization that may of lead to its demise. Enough said.

Homosexual behavior is seen in nearly every species known to man, yet it's unnatural?

The list can continue. I respect the beliefs of those who disagree with gay marriage, and I appreciate the conversation.

edit on 8-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Gays should have the same rights as everyone else. And they should have the right to suffer through marriage as well.

Love is love and it is not anyone's right to judge someone else's love.

On the other hand, some people think that the gay lifestyle is something that everyone should be exposed to and learn about. They take the word tolerance to mean forced acceptance. Wrong. Nobody needs a "why Tommy has two Mommies" class.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with gays. However, anyone who dislikes them for whatever reason has that right.

Most people would be better off improving themselves, rather than worrying about how others should change to suit them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed
Gays should have the same rights as everyone else. And they should have the right to suffer through marriage as well.

Love is love and it is not anyone's right to judge someone else's love.

On the other hand, some people think that the gay lifestyle is something that everyone should be exposed to and learn about. They take the word tolerance to mean forced acceptance. Wrong. Nobody needs a "why Tommy has two Mommies" class.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with gays. However, anyone who dislikes them for whatever reason has that right.

Most people would be better off improving themselves, rather than worrying about how others should change to suit them.

I think the hilarious part of my daughter being exposed to her friends mommys who reserve public displays of affection for the privacy of there own room is that my babydoll tells me its okay mommy i like boys anyways. Now im scared.

edit on 8-6-2011 by wolveseyes because: emotions

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have nothing against homosexuals, each to their own, but not long ago homosexuals did not have any rights and were looked down upon. They should just be happy they have the freedom to be gay and leave it at that. If they want to fight for more rights, then sorry, they are on their own as I'm straight, married to a woman like most normal people are and could not care less about their rights. Actually come to think of it, gay rights is like the last thing I would ever think about. There are more important things to worry about ffs.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have often wondered about this myself

I think the old line "why shouldnt gays be allowed to be as miserable as the rest of us?" comes to mind

On a serious note I have no issues with anyone wanting to share their love for another human with their friends and family in some official ceremonial way, where I draw the line is any tax benefits.
They should be given exemption from tax on wills, eststes etc etc like everyone else but any family based tax cuts should not count.

P.s Im not homophobic in any way, One of my best friends in Oz who I have been part of the same group since we were 7 came out as gay when we were 17, Im ashamed to say that at the time it was confronting but my friends and myself got over it and after that it wasnt an issue (the next issue came about when we were 18 and he wanted to introduce us to his BF, a couple of my friends said no way but 4 of us went and boy did we give that poor dude a hard time LOL. For a luagh we all acted like a bunch of over protective older brothers. Poor dude absolutely # himself)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join