It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want the old ATS Search!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Gaaa.......I can't find anything on the ATS search. Its not working. Its overly complicated. Its to demanding. Ahhhh..... Just bring back the old search please. The old search was cool, it was easy to find what I needed. I can't even see if this was already posted thanks to the overly complicated search. As powerful as it is its just too complicated for idiots such as myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree. I read, experiment, but can never get that thing working.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hate it too but after a while I kind of got somewhat the hand of it, just keep playing with it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Use the Google search. Its basically the same as the old one.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I hate it too but after a while I kind of got somewhat the hand of it, just keep playing with it.

I got the hang of the clock on my VCR too but in the end the duct tape over the flashing 12:00 worked better. Sometimes you can engineer things into oblivion.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Although I initially agree'd,...I am definetly liking the new search.

With a little proctice, you can find just about anything without much effort, and without having to go thru a bunch of incorrect results first.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A link to 'way-back' when it was first introduced.

RR

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Gaaa.......I can't find anything on the ATS search. Its not working. Its overly complicated. Its to demanding. Ahhhh..... Just bring back the old search please. The old search was cool, it was easy to find what I needed. I can't even see if this was already posted thanks to the overly complicated search. As powerful as it is its just too complicated for idiots such as myself.

Or at least have the option of using either, remember New Coke? Everyone was all for New Coke until they found out there wasn't going to be anymore Old Coke made.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree with DLM, just use the google search. Getting the ats search to work is like learning to program all other again.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How do you google the ATS entry logs?

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The "old search" was too demanding on the increasingly massive database. One of the reasons we went to a full-text boolean search was a report I ran on "slow queries" on our database server. Time and time again, the "old search" caused queries that would take over 30 seconds to complete... which caused a cascading effect on the entire board... we average 30+ queries per second, one query that takes long will cause all queries to take longer... and when all queries take longer, more queries stack up waiting to get run... causing the entire server to slow down or even fail. Once you understand the boolean search, the results will be excellent. But due to the nature of the "old search" and the impact it had on board performance, we'll never be going back.

new topics

top topics

join