It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and when to buy gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One of the good articles on bestmetalresearch.com
www.bestmetalresearch.com...
"The key is not the price the key is the value says James Turk and Gold is still undervalued"
He may be correct, if Jim Sinclair, who is saying that Gold should rise to $15,000 an ounce b y 2020 is correct.
Just remember Gold and Silver is NOT rising in value, the Dollar is going down.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In a complete global collapse of everything, if someone tried to give me a rock in exchange for food, I would shoot them.
Then eat them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The one thing about gold people don't realize, in a real situation it's useless for just about anything, Electronics and stuffs ooh that will be good, when everything doesn't work.,

solar panel not gold that'll actually be useful even if # doesn't go down or food stuffs, cause, most economies have no gold anyway just certificates, Gold is the Epitome of "ooh shiny" and has been passed down that way for ever, , go get yourself a foundry and just start melting your own metal ingots from iron/aluminum, or buy weapons/food/survival gear,,

In any case GOLD will not help you in a Global collapse of any kind it's only valued because of the economy, but when there's no demand for soft useless metals there will be no need for it, so any supply with be useless, unless ya want to make the world worst armor/tool- and make the prettiest,

the best investment ya could make is buy land start prepping it now no reason to wait for the world to collapse to get back to the land and nature, find one with an aquifer/creek/river/lake, set up field for crop rotation, they all are munch better way to plan and with all else fail u get a piece of land even if the world somehow managed to stabilize,

not the greatest choice in my book but most hardware store at least where i live have "garden" centers or similar
section, and they should have seeds, last i check they have more seeds for produce at your local market depending on climate and your are they tend to carry these in summer/spring, and sometime into fall

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgreen
He may be correct, if Jim Sinclair, who is saying that Gold should rise to $15,000 an ounce b y 2020 is correct.

Can you source that statement please...where and/or when JS made that call ?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Currently, gold panning is a cheap past time, with fantastic rewards. Most areas where I live have enough to keep people excited.
It is best to get gold now while you can get currency for it. Then use that to acquire what you need to survive a global collapse.

In that scenario it is just a rock. It wouldn't be useful again, until humans started rebuilding some semblance of order and community.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

So if the dollar loses,and EU be comes standard, we make money?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't believe in hording gold when it's at $1000. Should have done that when it was $300, like in 1995.
An exit strategy for when SHTF would be more wise. Besides, carrying gold is heavy.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

Originally posted by OBE1

Originally posted by redgreen

Can you source that statement please...where and/or when JS made that call ?

Thanks

Since the OP seems unwilling to graciously address the inaccuracy of his claim that JS called Gold to $15000 by 2020, I'll be glad to comment on his behalf.

In the wake of unprecedented Fed intervention (QE), Sinclair has frequently remarked that his original price objective of $1650 will prove to be low...often citing the elevated PO's offered by Harry Schultz, Alf Field, and Martin Armstrong as more probable targets.

Yesterday when discussing the end of QE2, Jim reiterated this position on King World News.

....and lead the way to Harry's $2400, to Alf's $3000 to $6000, and maybe even by 2015 somewhere along Martin Armstrong's $12,500...you can't stop quantitative easing - Link

Way-way back in 2001 with gold trading in the $200's and NOBODY buying, Sinclair was scoffed at for predicting Gold to $1650 by January 14, 2011. As we approached the January date and it became apparent that Jim would miss on this remarkable call [by a marginal -$300] his critics were frothing at the mouth....

JSMineset’s Track Record
December 30, 2010
by Dan Norcini

Dear Friends,

Most of the emails I have received the past couple of weeks that are related to Jim’s prediction of $1,650 gold in January of 2011 have been gracious and have expressed heartfelt appreciation for Jim’s steady hand of guidance over the past 7 or so years. The deep admiration for Jim’s selfless giving of his years of experience in the financial realm, has shown through so many of these emails. It truly is an uplifting experience to read them. For those of you who have taken the time to do so, my sincere and heartfelt thanks.

Sadly, there are some who instead of focusing on the nearly flawless track record that Jim has secured over these past years in providing general price levels that would act as signposts along the way of this now decade long bull market in gold, have chosen to carp and criticize because gold is not within a $100 or so of Jim’s price prediction for next month. To those of you who are so small minded and so ungrateful for the many benefits that have been freely given to you by my dear friend, I can only say that perhaps you would be best served by going elsewhere for your regular reading on the state of the gold market. It is evident that some of you are far wiser than the rest of us and are much more in tune with the gold market than Jim can ever possibly hope to be.

I would also suggest that since the world is in such need of your acumen and wisdom, you start up your own web site and provide your commentary to all free of charge, all the while maintaining the cost of servicing that web site out of your own financial resources.

The rest of us mere mortals, whom will benefit from such knowledge that drips from your lips like ripe pomegranates, will then have the luxury of watching you put your money where your mouth is, AHEAD OF THE FACT. - Full Text

One should always guard against making false attributions publically, and most especially when they involve a respected person of stature in the Gold community...I'm sure the thousands of investors that have benefited from Sinclair's foresight and market wisdom throughout the years, myself included, would appreciate it...as would JS himself.

top topics

join