It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you own one???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
like to know how many would own one of thees, if you had the funds or got as gift, would you keep it or trade it for??? www.magnumresearch.com... form the link

This Desert Eagle 10" pistol can be purchased through your favorite local dealer in either a .50AE, .44 or .357 caliber.
the cal is not the issue it is the weapon itself is
edit on 8-6-2011 by bekod because: text correction

edit on 8-6-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Why? desert eagles are for show, there are a lot of much better weapons on the market.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aceto

ok what would you get??? S&W colt ?? pleas be a little forth coming, and in what cal, just asking.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
$1650 for a huge pistol is a bit steep. Why would you want one? Not for concealed carry, that's for sure. Prestiege for having the biggest gun on the range? Maybe. For personal protection in the home? I don't see it myself given the alternatives. Just to keep things even, a Magnum 1911 at half this price would be a better choice in my book. Same company, same quality, and a whole lot easier to handle.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I wouldn't pay that much for it, but if I got one as a gift... hell yeah I would keep it. They aren't the most reliable guns in the world, but they are fun to shoot.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
While I agree the Desert Eagle is typically a show gun. It's useful if you have other barrels, bolts, magazines, ammo, optics and other devices to adjust the pistol for the situation in which it will be used.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Only if it were a gift. Because of all the reasons stated above. Pistol of choice for me would be the 1911 .45.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The baby desert eagle is a .40 cal option and my friend has one. I have used it and find it a very accurate and useful handgun but the bigger ones are just bulky and have a lot of moving parts, plus they can pack some heavy recoil. certainly not a handgun I would suggest for a beginner.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Get you a Sig-Sauer (.40Cal), 9MM, or a Smith&Wesson. Same Cals
Colt .45 ACP
Glocks are always a sure bet.
Ruger's OK for the price.
Depends on what you want it for
Stay away from Taurus autos
Do a little surfing on the net. lot's of good forums out there.
Keep it simple. Desert Eagles are OK to impress your buddies with, but not really practical IMO
Good luck
Noro

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

Good advice Noro. Does anyone have any experiance with either the Taurus or S&W featherlite revolvers?? How do they hold up to repeated use?? Not trying to hijack a thread, just figured I'd ask since we have some gun experts around.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They're actually a pretty cool design, the gas system is really badass. But, I definitely wouldn't buy one. Maybe keep it if gifted, but more as a fun gun or bragging peice.

I would much rather have a S&W Super 500. Most powerful production handgun in the world. Cheaper, and more powerful!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I wouldn't mind owning one, but it is more of a show piece than practical. Yes you may be able to hunt with one providing it's allowed where you live. I'm sure you can find one for alot less, I nearly bought the 357mag version for $500 and have had 44mags priced at $800.

I haven't had any problems from Taurus auto-loaders. I had a PT92 back in the early 90's. Keep in mind that Taurus was the South American connection for both Beretta and Smith & Wesson. The PT92 is a modified Beretta 92. I currently have a PT1911ALR in 45acp, alloy frame with light rail, that I have had no issues with what-so-ever.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
No I wouldn't. These guns are awfully particular, jam up, and generally suck.

They're beautiful, they look cool, but they are just not for me. Something about that dual spring system with a rotating bolt assembly irks me. It's like there's too much gas and it doesn't allow the rotating bolt to fully position itself by moving the assembly too fast. I also think the recoil causes the bolt to bounce or one of it's moving parts to move which could be dangerous. I assure you I wasn't "limp wristing it" like some may claim as the cause of malfunction. It's the platform in general.

It's a bad design. It looks cool, but it isn't effective. Especially in the .50AE configuration.
edit on 8-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It would be a novelty item. I still like my .22 Ruger Mark III. This thing would be like firing a cannon. I would rather spend some money on a nice 9mm with precision aim.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Might make a good choice for pistol hunting in .44 or .50 with some optics mounted on it. But as was stated above, there are better firearms currently available like the S&W Model 500.

Personally, I wouldn't want a desert eagle in any shape or form.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

I carry a Taurus 85. With over 1,300 rounds I have not had a single issue. The timing is fine and the lock up is still tight. I wouldn't trade it off for anything else.

I also wouldn't recomend it for beginers. A light weight snubnose can be hard to handle if you haven't locked in the basics.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Id trade it in for a Kimber tactical entry II some decent leather and a case of ammo.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I would probably trade it off for something else. If I wanted a novelty gun I would go with a Coonan .357mag semi-auto. If I was looking for something serious I would trade it for a Ruger LC9 and either a Walther P99c or CZ 2075 Rami.

The LC9 would be good for everyday carry. The Walther or CZ would be good for home defense and they all fire the same caliber of ammunition.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by pyrodude

I carry a Taurus 85. With over 1,300 rounds I have not had a single issue. The timing is fine and the lock up is still tight. I wouldn't trade it off for anything else.

I also wouldn't recomend it for beginers. A light weight snubnose can be hard to handle if you haven't locked in the basics.

Thanks MikeNice!! I agree totally with your point about being hard to handle. I have one friend that uses it as his carry piece, S&W .357 ,model # isnt popping into mind, but he loads the .38 kinetic xfer rounds. Uses the .38 rounds to lessen the recoil.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If your going for maximum knock down power a s&w m500 is your best bet.. although its a bit pricey. 1,500 us dollars

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join