It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: Cedar Falls, Iowa: Mandate Forcing Citizens to Give the Government Keys to Your Proper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Uncle Sam's sporting his stones these days to the mouth that feeds him. Its almost like they're trying to push a confrontation. I would have a real problem with giving keys to my house, car, bike, garage. Hmmm. Don't think so.
wcfcourier.com...
wcfcourier.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I thought the fire department already had keys. I believe they are called axes. I could see rental units losing renters due to the fact that these boxes are in place. Not everyone thinks that unrestricted access by authority will make the world a safer place. If anything, many believe the opposite.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this just down right stupid

your building or apart is being destroyed by fire

no no you cant get into save someones life and put out the fire because the doors locked and that person may have passed out from smoke ihaliton.

however i dont support international standards.

the difference between life and death is something only a few minutes.

someone dies and the fire department will still get he blame even tho you refused the fire department a means to save your life.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I always thought the reason fire departments carried big prybars, axes and chainsaws was for them to gain entry into burning buildings.

When a fire is happening, the firefighters don't have time to look under the mat for your key, and you sure as hell can bet they won't wait around for the chief to show up with the lockbox key before they start tearing down doors to rescue people.

The privacy advocated are right; nobody should be able to gain access to the keys to a residential apartment, the possibilities for abuse are too great. At least when they are kicking down your door to rape or attack you, it gives you warning to arm yourself or run out the back door. When criminals can let themselves in during the night with a key, you will have no warning of an attack.

I've seen the standard lockboxes mounted on the sides of commercial buildings. A good hammer is all it would take to break in to one of them. This does nothing to make people safer.

edit on 6/8/11 by FortAnthem because: spellin

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
actually an axe is safer than keys.
did anybody see backdraft the movie ??
Opening the full door using a key
can cause a gas draft through that
big hole. Using an axe causes a lil hole
at first to see if their is a danger of
the backdraft.

this is BS

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is an example of city council passing little and meaningless ordinances, while (likely) avoiding the big issues. Makes it appear they are actually doing their job, when they are doing little to nothing worthwhile.

The fire dept. does not need keys to enter an apartment (they don't even need keys to enter a secured apt. complex to reach an indiv. apt.) though many may have that master. If there is an emergency, they will find a way in and if it's a fire, they will not wait to sort through indiv. keys (unless that becomes dept. policy and then lives may be put at risk due to time delay in response).

I would support the decision to have a master key provided for entry to public buildings/structures - but this proposal is above and beyond necessary.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Step 1: Submit key
Step 2: Change all locks
Step 3: Don't set your house in fire

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

sounds like that city "council"

took the lowest bid

for their (friend's) consulting firm !

or maybe they made their own decision

based on numbness

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here's the video:

I watched it and was amazed by the idiocy of our elected officials. The people spoke. Did they listen? Seriously, that scared the crap out of me, knowing that something like that can take place, and set a precedent.

Our freedoms are vanishing one law at a time.

edit on 6/11/11 by Druid42 because: can't spell.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
One must ask the obvious question, if these keys are not really for firefighters access then whos?
edit on 11-6-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

This is ridiculous. Those "officials" need to be taken out of office. I hope the citizens of cedar falls challenge this and fight it tooth and nail. This basically gives the officials an avenue to actively violate your constitutional rights plus open up the possibility for easier access to homes by criminals.

The sad part about this is that those officials know that many of the homes that these people reside in are rental units (32%) according to hotpads.com. The trend is growing for people to rent due to job constraints, home prices, ability to get loans, etc.

I rent mostly because it's too costly to own a home and now I think it's becoming to costly to rent. I'm just gonna go off grid and start a community of my own.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
These are called Knox Boxes and are actually very popular across the nation. Look for these near main entrances of commercial buildings in your area.

www.knoxbox.com...

top topics

join