It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Women Is 2012 Democrat Rallying Cry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I've been saying that healthcare should be privatized all along.

The occurence of pregnancy lies and always has lied in the hands of individuals, not the government. If you can't handle a pregnancy, ensure that you won't get pregnant, whether that means abstinence or sterilization. It's not up to the government & taxpayers to take responsibility for your sex life. You're acting as if women are victims of their own reproductive system.
edit on 6/14/2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

no, I am saying that a women's reproductive system deserves healthcare just as much as the rest of their body does!!! and birth control is a genuine part of that healthcare!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And I'm saying that healthcare should be privatized...I thought that's what you agreed with in the beginning. So now you don't think it should be?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Politics are considered too complicated for women to take an interest in. Thats why womens politics has been created, to nab the female vote. Its all about establishing who the nice guy is and who zhe evil wifebeater is.

Are you kidding me? Politics too complicated for females? What is your angle here? To deny a woman the right to speak for herself and for her family? What you said is a very sexist and chavunist statement. Retract it please.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

And I'm saying that healthcare should be privatized...I thought that's what you agreed with in the beginning. So now you don't think it should be?

We privated banking and finance and look where it has gotten us, NOWHERE BUT IN DEEP DEBT! At times Gov't is needed to be the big, bad entity with it's fangs and claws out that keeps these companies up at night living in constant fear. Without that Gov't will just be a rubber stamper for the highest bidder. Regulations are required so that new makeup or skin lotion you got has a warning label to tell you if it will either cause or worsen an allergy and so that you know what you are putting on both your body and your kids body.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Democrats and allied groups including Emily’s List are framing Republican moves to cut federal spending as a war on women, an effort aimed at influencing the 2012 elections.

Support from women voters helped propel Republican gains in the 2010 elections. Democrats are hoping to reverse that next year by arguing that measures including the Republican push to end traditional Medicare would disproportionately affect women, who live longer than men.

Republican efforts to repeal collective-bargaining rights for public employees also are being characterized as anti-woman. For example, 73 percent of the American Federation of Teachers’ 1.5 million members are female.

Analysts say the success of the Democratic message likely would increase the party’s chances of holding the White House and Senate, and possibly winning a House majority.

www.bloomberg.com...

Completely pathetic and disgusting, all women should not vote for these demagogues for the sole reason of pandering on their emotions, how utterly disgusting.

Dem: "Hey women, listen please understand that money grows on trees and republicans want to repeal free healthcare, because free healthcare does exist as money grows on trees"

What an insult to women's intelligence, I need to go take a shower after reading this article, I feel so yucky!

Partisanship is insufficient, now we need more gendership in politics right?

Obama has no choice but to pander to women to get their vote. He so alienated men with his anti father tirades and how half the stimulus meant to help men of all races went to women and bankers after the NOW paid him a visit.

Obama has spent his entire administration sucking up to feminist's and intentionally being bigoted towards males(boy's, young men, men and older men).

I really hope women don't buy into it and all of Obama's lies.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

no, I am saying that a women's reproductive system deserves healthcare just as much as the rest of their body does!!! and birth control is a genuine part of that healthcare!!!

An out and out display of female supremacy and narcissistic self absorbed behavior. It is saddening to see such an empowered and over privileged person obsess about their own well being while others are suffering far worse.

In 06 for every dollar the USA spent on women's health only 50 cents was spent on men's health. Then feminist Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi raided the limited men's health budget by 5% to transfer it over to the women's health budget. And to make matters worse she completely gutted men's heart disease research to pay for heart disease research in elderly women.

Regardless of the fact that men die of heart disease in disproportionate total amounts(feminist's used a percentage game because by age 80 most men are long died) at much younger ages(30-60) it didn't matter.

And to top it off you expect me to pay for your healthcare/sexual healthcare(birth control) yet feminist's and traditionalist's alike have done everything in their power to halt the development of a domestic male birth control pill. And ban the importing of male birth control pills that are comparable in safety to women's birth control pill from countries that have already developed a successful male birth control pill?

On top of it the government has been ignoring the EPIDEMIC male suicide rate of 11.3%(the female suicide rate is around 4.2ish%). Heck the same year as when that 16 year old girl from Massachusetts committed suicide that made waves in the media, a 8-9 year old boy from Texas committed suicide at school by hanging himself.

That is why Obama is pandering so hard to young women and women, because he knows he blew his shot with the male vote because of his personnel hatred for all males(he hates "black" males in particular).

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

not really, I am saying that the gov't should cease and desist giving the healthcare any money,.....for anything, since it can't find a way to guarentee that all americans can have access to the system that their taxmoney has contributed to greatly...
welfare was priviaized to a great extent...and well, that ain't working out too well.....there's more fraud than ever!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I never said how the women should be getting that healthcare....did I? it's more like if my taxdollars is being spent on all this other healthcare, well, I insist that women's reproductive needs be taken care of also!!
simple, drop the gov't handouts and the insurance companies!! and well, eventually the economy more than likely will adjust itself, and more people will find it easier to handle the cost! and, then if I can't find healthcare within my means, well, I will have no reason to gripe, since at least my resources that could be used for it ain't being diverted to someone else's needs!!

by the way, I am over 50 and can't have babies anymore, so well.....I ain't fighting for the right to have free birth control pills, it's more than that!!!
go one way or the other.....all or nothing.....
don't single out one little area, then another, then another, just to leave taxpayers out in the cold.....and then wonder why one day, hey, it's you left out in the cold!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Alot of BS is going on lately
and a thread on this page made me want to BUMP this thread!

In response to a thread from the HuffPo about politicans now attacking women

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Democrats aren't lacking in rally cries for 2012...the Republicans have given them plenty.

War on Women.

War on Muslims.

War on the Poor.

War on Unions.

War on Healthcare.

War on College Students.

War on the Lazy Unemployed.

War on Minorities.

War on Government Employees.

War on Welfare.

War on City Dwellers.

War on the President.

There aren't many demographics that the Republicans haven't offended in the past year...I'm sure I even missed a bunch of them.
edit on 5-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
War on Muslims.

War on the Poor.

I'd say that these two wars are the two biggest Wars On....
Would you agree?

In case you didn't know Obama is currently president and commander and chief.

While campaigning as a peace candidate Obama has expanded the war into the entire middle east
And Mr. Bailout friends in high places ain't helping out the poor either.

Guess what.... Time to Wake Up!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The republicans absolutely have declared a war on women this election year and it's costing them big time. Anyone with a brain should know that to come out like this against women is political suicide aside from the few who will blindly follow party lines. Any right winger/republican should be seriously pissed off that their party has zero intention of winning the presidency and you should be asking yourselves why.

BUT

That is not to say the democrats aren't being snakes in their own ways. Both sides are going after our freedoms in both overt and discreet ways. They're all answering to someone throwing cash around. They have ALL sold us out, regardless of what the issue is, it's not you or me...left, right, center that they are answering to or working for.

Why do we tolerate this? Why do we let ourselves get dragged into these polarizing arguments? Each of us is typically going to fall into an idealogy but we can't let it blind us and allow us to be lead around by the nose.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And War on Women in 2012 is the Republican BATTLE cry!

Shall we mention the big government, big intrusion bills being presented
all over country that go after women?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

There aren't many demographics that the Republicans haven't offended in the past year...I'm sure I even missed a bunch of them.
edit on 5-3-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

.... You've missed a bunch of them

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
More cries of "war"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is just so everyone knows that this is not real heartfelt inititiaves, no it's just planned partisan bickering

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I agree the "War on Women" seems like it would be a weak argument, but Republicans don't help their position by embracing people who refer to women as whores for using birth control and pursue measures to enforce transvaginal ultrasounds, or to even reduce rights or not fully embrace cries for equal pay.

I mean, why choose these sides that alienate women and put Republicans in such positions that make them appear to be starting a war? Besides, if there is a war, it will be from the women in the form of rebellion... The republican side isn't going for war. They're going for oppression and control. That's all.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
I agree the "War on Women" seems like it would be a weak argument, but Republicans don't help their position by embracing people who refer to women as whores for using birth control and pursue measures to enforce transvaginal ultrasounds, or to even reduce rights or not fully embrace cries for equal pay.

Keep in mind conservative women also say that as well

But as far as your equal pay... hell no!

It's not about women vs. men, it's individuals vs. individuals and not every individual is worth the same as an employee.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

if two people are doing the same job, with the same competancy, have the same experience level, they should be getting the same wage!! gender shouldn't be an issue, and it seems to be, at least in the last two jobs that I've held! women shouldn't be paid less, just because they're women, or mothers for that matter.

I'm a women, I am a mother, I have the more experience than most of the printers in my place of work, I ain't filling the box full of rejects every day, and I have a good attendance record. I deserve at least the same pay as the guys in the place as well as fairness when it comes to climbing up the ladder.
that's not how it goes though, and well, come hell or high water, I won't be where I am at this time next year because it's not!

edit on 25-5-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join