It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Women Is 2012 Democrat Rallying Cry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Democrats and allied groups including Emily’s List are framing Republican moves to cut federal spending as a war on women, an effort aimed at influencing the 2012 elections.

Support from women voters helped propel Republican gains in the 2010 elections. Democrats are hoping to reverse that next year by arguing that measures including the Republican push to end traditional Medicare would disproportionately affect women, who live longer than men.

Republican efforts to repeal collective-bargaining rights for public employees also are being characterized as anti-woman. For example, 73 percent of the American Federation of Teachers’ 1.5 million members are female.

Analysts say the success of the Democratic message likely would increase the party’s chances of holding the White House and Senate, and possibly winning a House majority.

www.bloomberg.com...

Completely pathetic and disgusting, all women should not vote for these demagogues for the sole reason of pandering on their emotions, how utterly disgusting.

Dem: "Hey women, listen please understand that money grows on trees and republicans want to repeal free healthcare, because free healthcare does exist as money grows on trees"

What an insult to women's intelligence, I need to go take a shower after reading this article, I feel so yucky!

Partisanship is insufficient, now we need more gendership in politics right?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How come you don't see those Democrat's whaling about the tiny little country we oversee/protect called Palau using women as slaves from other countries?

Democrats are hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
How come you don't see those Democrat's whaling about the tiny little country we oversee/protect called Palau ?

Democrats are hypocrites.

When was the last time Republicans were wailing, causing a ruckus and lobbying Barack Obama about Palau "using women as slaves from other countries"?

People really need to wise up to this two party system, since no matter what it's glaringly obvious that the financial powers who hold massive sway over the election are winning no matter which side you vote for.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Another tactical FAIL. The left cannot put a cohesive argument together these days. People, not just women are feeling the effects of this economy. 2012 is gonna get UGLY.

I LOVE IT!

But back to the subject.

Let’s see…Nikki Haley, Bachman, Palin just to name a few.

Pelosi, Boxer, Fienstien & Bwaney Fwank, just to name a few others.

The way I see it, the right has looks and brains, while the left , well, it’s the left. It’s never pretty or smart.

edit on 8-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah they don't need any of those healthy things like pap smears or breast screening -- or the neonatal care stuff, or any of that information on birth control. Thats for rich women. Screw Planned Parenthood. I say let them rot on the curb.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Democratic demagoguery at it's finest... Republicans hate puppies and kitties, Republicans want to kill your grandma, Republicans hate Hispanics and Blacks, Republicans hate gay people, blah blah blah Dems do this because they know that they can't stand on their record, and they know that their argument will be defeated by rational thought and common sense. It's status quo tactics from the left, and the sad thing is that the vast majority of Americans (especially the poor and minorities) buy into this hook, line and sinker because they are ignorant and refuse to educate themselves on the facts.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why are republicans like that -- is it environmental or is it just genetic?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As a woman, how insulting. They can drift off into the wind as far as I'm concerned.

I hope my fellow females don't allow themselves to be manipulated by such transparent tactics.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah....heh, the ladies ain't stupid.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

WHAT???

War on WOMEN??

How about the War on Men?!??

I don't know if anyone knows... but 70% of all jobs lost since 2007 were occupied by men.
Women now make more money as a whole of our economy below the 1% income percentile.
There are now more women employed in this country then men.
The unemployment rate for men is estimated at 34%. Among minority ethnic groups, especially blacks, the number is even higher.
That means only 64% of men have jobs.
Estimated that if you count underemployment and part time jobs men are at 47% unemployment.
3 out of every 4 jobs created will be filled by women.
All but two of the job 10 fastest growing jobs (mostly in health care) are female dominated, such as nursing, clerical, medical tech, etc.
The majority of Government created jobs through the creation of new agencies will be bureaucratic jobs filled by women.
www.bls.gov...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Economists are concerned that the recovery will extend an ominous trend of disengagement for male workers that stretches back six decades. The share of American men aged 16 to 64 who are employed has fallen in a sawtooth pattern, from nearly 85 percent in the early 1950s to less than 65 percent now. As the chart above shows, the rate falls steeply in recessions and does not get back to its previous high in recoveries. (Women's employment-to-population ratio has trended higher over the years.)

www.businessweek.com...

Three demographics, though entangled, are hardest effected by the Second Great Depression. Blacks, men and young adults 16-30. Women are doing just fine.

So we as a country have more men sitting around twiddling their thumbs right now than at any other point in our history. And while society claims to want to blend the gender identities and level the playing field, men still have to live up to societies expectations of them. Sitting around because your unemployed, or being a "house husband" or stay at home dad are nearly always looked down on.

The only thing I'm surprised of is that we haven't taken to the streets yet.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Aw, yes the disadvantaged white American male We forgot about him.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

While more white men lost their jobs as a percentage than any other demography, black men have suffered the worst. Especially young black men. But men in general have suffered the brunt of the entire crisis. And historical data shows that men never regain lost ground in employment.. we will never reach employment rates of the previous "boom".

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Both parties, Democrats and Republicans alike, have been engaged in a protracted war on the people, and by "the people" I mean individuals. Both parties revile individualism with a passion, and have long endeavored to bring to a crashing halt to the power of one.

edit on 8-6-2011 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
well techinically speaking the lefts policy of abortion has killed more women

than any repulblican has.

the left counts on peoples stupidity and it is an unsult to us all.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm not someone who is easily offended...but as a female, I feel personally offended by the leftist and feminist ideal that women are helpless children who are victims by virtue of their sex. You can't get more anti-woman than that.

From reading through the recent popular threads on ATS regarding "women's rights", the feminists have collectively argued that:

- If a man is lied to or swindled into a life of paying child support, that was his responsibility for believing the woman and having sexual relations with her.

-However, if a woman is lied to by a man who claims to be sterile, the woman is a victim. There's also the concept of 'date rape' where a woman is said to be a victim of rape if is she gets drunk and wakes up with a stranger. However, if the man is drunk, then he simply made a bad choice.

-Another feminist claim is that the abortion laws are unequal because the 'biology is unequal'. However, these same feminists will scream sexism or misogyny if they are told they aren't allowed into certain military sectors because the biology between men and women is different. They then claim that difference in biology shouldn't matter.

-Feminists claim that their child, while in the womb is just "another part of their body", then claim that if she makes the choice to keep the child, that the father must have a financial obligation to the child.

-Feminists will blame men for treating women like sex objects, but never hold the women responsible for selling themselves that way. They will then talk about how women are "sexually repressed" if they refuse to have sex with any Tom, Dick, or Harry.

Feminists, to say your daily rhetoric is illogical is an understatement....it's downright INSANE. It makes me feel embarrassed to be a female when you not only spout out such garbage, but try to speak for all women. Your childish behavior is NOT in any way 'empowering'. It only makes you look pathetic, weak, and incapable of thinking like a logical, rational human being. You refuse to take ANY responsibility for your own actions. What's even worse is that you paint yourselves as advocates for the advancement of women. If women like you are supposed to be the 'strongest' of women, then I weep for my sex. But thankfully, every rational person can see that you have no stregnths and only weaknesses.

What I would like to know is why feminists expect for their wishes for women to be granted when they can't even argue their points without off-the-wall contradictory and hypocritical talking points. I'd also like to know why they insist on treating men like responsible adults while treating women like mentally handicapped, helpless children.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
well techinically speaking the lefts policy of abortion has killed more women

than any repulblican has.

the left counts on peoples stupidity and it is an unsult to us all.

I just thought this needed to be captured.

I am glad I am not the only one that sees the truth. There is no left or right. There is only controlled opposition for the ends of controlling the masses. Corporate interest is our master. It may have two faces but it lurks equally shallow behind both.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot

you say corporate masters

i say government masters

you can chose not to buy and use goods and services but you cant chose to not follow what the government says.

pretty much on the same page tho.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your government is a corporation. Pepsi vs Cola = Republican vs Democrat. No matter what you're doing what you're told except by complete self emancipation.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
As a woman, how insulting. They can drift off into the wind as far as I'm concerned.

I hope my fellow females don't allow themselves to be manipulated by such transparent tactics.

You were referring to the OP right? For assuming that women vote thier emotions and are unable to rationally evaluate the facts?

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Completely pathetic and disgusting, all women should not vote for these demagogues for the sole reason of pandering on their emotions, how utterly disgusting.

As for the facts..

Republicans vote unanimously against equal pay for women bill
www.rawstory.com...

The House GOP's Plan to Redefine Rape
motherjones.com...

And I will summarizwe the whole women's health assualt with a Republicans words
As former Congresswoman Connie Morella (R-Md) recently said:

“I cannot stand with my party leadership in their dual attempts to undermine women's health by eliminating the Title X national family planning program and prohibiting federal funding for Planned Parenthood. These efforts are bad policy and bad politics. Not only are they based on shortsighted political posturing, but they would also have a devastating impact on women's health.”

communities.washingtontimes.com...

Sure the Democrats are going to exploit it for political purposes, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

As for the belief that 541 Congressman of which only 17 are women should pass laws concerning women's reproductive choices, I will leave that lightening rod alone.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
As for the facts..

You mean opinions?

Republicans vote unanimously against equal pay for women bill
www.rawstory.com...

Ya so?
MUST this be about women's equal pay or can it be about Govt. having no authority to pass this bill?
It is NOT the role of Govt. to tell businesses how to pay employees.

The House GOP's Plan to Redefine Rape
motherjones.com...

Sure the Democrats are going to exploit it for political purposes, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Umm.. ya ok
doesn't mean it's true either LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join