It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: Dept. of Education issues search warrant/SWAT, roughs up family over defaulted student

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What could the the DoE be searching for?? I bet a shiny nickle it was an overdue library book or a new ploy to steal everything we have through seizure.

www.news10.net...
townhall.com...
edit on 8-6-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The US Department of Education sent a SWAT team which roughed up and arrested a man, holding him prisoner for six hours. Why? His estranged wife had defaulted on her student loans.

"They say, 'you owe a student loan and you gotta pay it.' I just had my door kicked in over this." he said.

I tell you my American friends... It is time to start looking at other, more friendly countries to move to OR finally stand up and fight! (In a legal non violent way of course)

Swat Team Raid For Old Student Loans

Edit: The video is being pulled by the PTB from online sources as shown here and anywhere else you look for the video for that matter

edit on 8-6-2011 by greenovni because: More Info

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We have to use attorney's for acting against the gov., what happened to them having to as well? How much was owed? What are the parameters for having your door kicked down by BHO(not to be confused with browser helper object). An overdue library book can cause you to have your home and belongings seized??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

The 1st link doesnt work, not found

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Search THEN post... already posted here

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Although I think sending in the SWAT team is a little excessive, it doesnt bother me that a LEO may knock on your door to let you know you need to pay your bills.

Most people who have this type of debt also own a 400 dollar cell phone and pay a hundred bucks a month for that service.

I have been paying 107.00 a month on my student loan for almost a decade. Im done with it in December of this year

You ARE a criminal if you borrow money and dont pay it back...it is called stealing and for those of you who want to retort this comment. You have no logic that can fight the fact that when you dont pay back your loans you are a thief and at some level, should be treated accordingly IMO.

So let me take a couple of your comments off of the table for you.

"They fell on hard times and cant pay it." you cant pay 25 a month because the SL company will take whatever you can give them to stay out of default. I bet selling that Ihpone will get 250 bucks and that is 10 months worth of payments.

"The loan system for students is run by sharks and the interest is high" I pay less than 2% because I have been paying something monthly for a decade. In all, on a 10k note, I have paid about 1600 in interest.

The reality here, is that people dont manage themselves, or their money very well and that gets them into trouble. What would you do if you loaned someone 30k and they were not paying you?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Dude, wasting your time.

It does happen.

Hopefully a Mod will be on it soon as it appears the poster isn't going to do an alert to have it closed.

Nice try and thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

I noticed his posted 2 minutes before mine after I posted. Did you?
Thanx anon72. I was unaware that was an option.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join