It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by grey580

First and foremost they are human beings who don't deserve to be victims of a hate campaign for trying to make a better life for themselves and their families.

Hate campaign?!? Please. Yes they are humans and they deserve a CHANCE at a better life not a granted free ride. They have the oppurtunity to come her legally (proper way) and then have that CHANCE for that better life.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Twisted1
reply to post by Annee

Exactly how many Canadians do you see see scurry across our "Northern Border?" Most of the illegal immigrants are from Mexico,,,,many of them end up in prison for felonies such as murder and rape. Build a BIG WALL and man it with machine guns!!!!!!

Oh - - how many Canadians do I see scurrying across the northern border? NONE. They're white and they look like every other white American.

And you think it's easy spotting Mexicans in Arizona??? Wrong, I live there and there are millions of legal Latinos and also Native Americans with brown skin... so what's your point?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Um gee - - do you think they're gonna target dark skin?

We have a northern border too.

This is not about race, Canada is not a third world country like Mexico. Yet the Canadian border is much more tightly controlled.The Canadians have a strong economy and jobs,Mexico does not.
edit on 6/8/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Okay Annie,,,think of it this way,,, Do you feel safer with mexican illegals or northern border illegals. Would like an honest answer.

Do you actually live in Arizona?

Or are you Picante sauce from New York?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

This is not about race, Canada is not a third world country like Mexico. Yet the Canadian border is much more tightly controlled.The Canadians have a strong economy and jobs,Mexico does not.

LOL LOL LOL - - - please do some research on the pores Canadian border.

You are believing what you choose to believe.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Its too bad that people just looking to work, and make better lives for themselves suffer so much discrimination.

I think its sad. They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".

For hundreds of years they have been working the farms, and labour jobs that most in the area aren't even willing to do.

Losing them as workers, but not subsidising the farmers will bring a downfall in the agricultural community in the area.

I hope you are just as happy when the food prices begin to soar.

People just looking for work and to make a better life? At whos expense? Millions of illegal immigrants have displaced citizens in the workforce. I guess it's ok for the illegal to have a better life and shove aside the citizen who is desperately trying to care for his family right? WRONG!

Doing the jobs that citizens won't do?????? People still believe this lie? Funny how when ICE deports thousand of illegals, thousands of citizens quickly fill thos jobs!

As for food prices or prices on anything, they will soar one way or another anyway.

Illegals are people? No kidding really?
They are also illegal, have stolen identities and use false documents to get what they want. Thousands of people have died because of illegals and our laws not being enforced!!!! How many pedophiles, murderers, thieves, gang members etc come over the border? Oh but the illegals only want to work and have a better life. Is that acceptable to you? We have laws for a reason! Millions of our citizens are falling through the cracks and are suffering and jobless. Is this acceptable to you?

NightStar for President!!!! I could not agree with you more!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
And you think it's easy spotting Mexicans in Arizona??? Wrong, I live there and there are millions of legal Latinos and also Native Americans with brown skin... so what's your point?

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many legal dark skinned Americans.

Anyone - - who thinks this immigration law is not about dark skin is delusional.

It is a witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Okay Annie,,,think of it this way,,, Do you feel safer with mexican illegals or northern border illegals. Would like an honest answer.

Do you actually live in Arizona?

Or are you Picante sauce from New York?

How much of that mexican dope have you been smoking????? What the hell does that even mean????

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Twisted1

I thought for a minute there you were going to be one of those pro illegal people trying to cut me down. Glad to see people who know and understand what's going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

LOL LOL LOL - - - please do some research on the pores Canadian border.

You are believing what you choose to believe.

I believe I know more about the Canadian border than you do, and I have lived here for more than 50 years and I can tell you from personal experience that this border is hard to cross. It didn't used to be ,but it is now. The bridges between Canada and Western New York have cameras and listening devices. There is more border patrol here than on the Mexican border.There are boats in the river 24/7,also in Lake Erie and Ontario. They catch illegals daily,so maybe you should find out the facts before you spout off.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

How much of that mexican dope have you been smoking????? What the hell does that even mean????

Actually - - never smoked dope. Even though I am of the era. Prefer Scotch.

I'm sorry you don't understand the meaning. Not going to explain it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I believe I know more about the Canadian border than you do, and I have lived here for more than 50 years and I can tell you from personal experience that this border is hard to cross. It didn't used to be ,but it is now. The bridges between Canada and Western New York have cameras and listening devices. There is more border patrol here than on the Mexican border.There are boats in the river 24/7,also in Lake Erie and Ontario. They catch illegals daily,so maybe you should find out the facts before you spout off.

DO THE RESEARCH. The Canadian border is extensive - - - much of it extreme wilderness.

Oh and please enlighten me on your expertise of the Mexican border.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by Twisted1

I thought for a minute there you were going to be one of those pro illegal people trying to cut me down. Glad to see people who know and understand what's going on.

I know and understand whats going on,,,,but what can people like us do to stop it??? How can we stop the extra burden on the health system, school system, prisons, job market, law enforcement, when our government just does not give a crap!! So back to my first reply to you,,,,,Night Star for President!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone - - who thinks this immigration law is not about dark skin is delusional.

It is a witch hunt.

Annee, Annee, Anee, This is not a witch hunt. we did away with those years ago. Illegals come in all colors sizes and races. If you think it is just about the brown skinned, it is perhaps because that is what most of our illegals consist of. In any case, illegal is not a race.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Actually - - never smoked dope. Even though I am of the era. Prefer Scotch.

I'm sorry you don't understand the meaning. Not going to explain it.

So you have no idea what you were trying to say either.
Okay now ,,,,Back to the scotch. Sleep tight. (soon please)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

DO THE RESEARCH. The Canadian border is extensive - - - much of it extreme wilderness.

Ignorance is bliss and you're a happy girl. Good night and may God bless.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Can you please show me a news story of illegal Canadian immigrants stuffed one hundred people in a drop house?

One hundred illegal immigrants in drop house in Phoenix.
Smugglers torture illegal immigrants in drop house.

Can you please show me a story of illegal Canadian immigrants being arrested for using false ID's and forging social security cards?
Illegal alien forging documents.
Illegal alien forging documents2.
Illegal alien forging documents3.
Can you please show me a story of illegal Canadians having shootouts.
Illegal alien freeway shootout.
Illegal alien freeway shooting2.
Illegal alien shootout3.
Can you please show me a story of illegal Canadian immigrants trekking day in and day out over the northern border and trashing everything in their wake doing it?
Illegal aliens dump tons of trash1.
Illegal aliens dump tons of trash2.
Can you please show me a news story of illegal Canadian immigrants stealing cars and taking them back to Canada to sell or dismantle?
Illegal aliens steal cars in Phoenix.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ignorance is bliss and you're a happy girl. Good night and may God bless.

Ignorance is ignorance - - - pure and simple. You want to be proud of that - - go for it.

Mexicans have to cross the Sonora Desert to get into the states.

en.wikipedia.org...

Canadians have a very extensive wilderness border. But not an unforgiving desert.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Can you please show me a news story of illegal Canadian immigrants stuffed one hundred people in a drop house?

You are just as capable as I am of researching illegal drugs coming across the Canadian border.

Or is it - - - you just want to hang on to "ITS THE MEXICANS"?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm very aware this law is All Inclusive to any illegal immigrant. But is that really what we are talking about?

It's what I'm talking about.

I don't agree with all the crap that's being spewed about illegal immigrants. They are people who are looking for ways to better support their families and themselves. I don't fault them for that.

But this country has a problem with illegal immigration. Our federal government isn't doing its job to keep people from entering the country illegally. And the best way I know to stop the illegal immigration for jobs is to take that incentive away. It would drastically cut down on the problem and give jobs to people who legally live here, especially important in these economic times.

reply to post by Annee

I can't believe you asked that.

It is a witch hunt.

I think what Soldier meant is that to discriminate against Mexican illegal immigrants, we'd have to be approaching people in the street and asking for proof of citizenship (like that other stupid law AZ did) but this way, going through employers, only actual illegal immigrants will be targeted, regardless of their skin color and legal residents (of all colors) won't be discriminated against.

I lived in AZ for 15 years and I've lived in New Mexico for 12 years. Illegal immigration on the border states is a problem. California and Texas suffer from it, too. There are MANY more illegal immigrants coming from the south (almost 80%) than from the north. The economy in Canada is pretty good. People have jobs and health care. They like Canada. If anything, they have to worry about US trying to enter illegally.

According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[4] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.

Source

I can't speak to the motivation of the lawmakers in the state. Most likely they're trying to win the Tea Party vote. But I think this law is a good idea, regardless of the motives.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join