It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Eaglecall
Mexicans are targeted first because they are the majority group within the aliens. And as far as profiling....YES. PROFILE THEM ALL. Don't latinos speak Spanish to those Americans with an "hispanic" look like Italians for example?? isn't that profiling??

Bullcrap. The game is over. Illegal is illegal. Toss them ALL to the other side. They want reform and still come here? Well, make a line like civilized humans and wait for an answer from the homeowners.

I have no issue because someone speaks Spanish instead of English. I personally find it very arrogant to demand a person speak English.

And I lost a job I loved to someone who speaks Spanish. Is Spanish not offered in almost every school in America? Who's fault is it - - I did not learn a second language? It is MINE. I had every opportunity to learn Spanish and blew it off. MY FAULT!

OH - - and you can leave God out of it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

It is Arrogant to demand English...Interesting. So that means I have the right to go South America and demand English. If they demand Spanish, is arrogant. They should learn. After all, in 1900 when the USA population was 76 million, roughly 500,000 were hispanics in the whole country.

We cannot have sectarian subcountries inside the nation. English should be made the official language and every single document and regulation should be made ONLY in English. Unless translated for immigration procedures.

I know I can leave God out. But I decide to include him.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

According to this story is not that bad.
An American’s Lament: ‘I Was Deported, Too’

Crash, an American wanderer, was recently deported from Mexico. After 15 minutes in the United States, he walked back to Tijuana, where he spends his days playing guitar for a few pesos.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall
It is Arrogant to demand English...Interesting. So that means I have the right to go South America and demand English.

For starters South America starts with Colombia. Mexico is North America. Between the 2 is Central America and you do have that right to demand an interpretor in all government procedures and they are obligated to provide one. Also if you decide to speak in any language other than the official language nobody has the right to tell you to speak spanish (portuguese in the case of Brazil). You have the right to speak any language you like.
edit on 7-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

interesting article, but a lot has changed since 2008.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

For starters South America starts with Columbia. Mexico is North America. Between the 2 is Central America

Correct. And is actually Colombia, not Columbia. That's D.C.

and you do have that right to demand an interpretor in all government procedures and they are obligated to provide one. Also if you decide to speak in any language other than the official language nobody has the right to tell you to speak spanish (portuguese in the case of Brazil). You have the right to speak any language you like.

That is also correct. However, their official language is Spanish, and Portuguese in Brazil. We, for some reason, "Are not allowed" to have an official language. Yet, have to force down the throat signs and banners in other languages on a daily basis. If the government decide to provide interpretors to each human with less brain abilities to learn the language, then go for it. But I do not accept my freedom being invaded by languages that do not belong to the nation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I am a permanent resident of the USA. I am not (yet) a citizen. I did it all properly. It can be done, even for those of limited funds. I do not condone border jumping. I understand their plight, but it's illegal.

Okay, now then....

Dear Arizona: Please do not complain in any way, shape, or form when your produce prices quadruple.
Undocumented migrant workers put in very long days of very hard work for very little pay to bring you your produce. The growers count on it.
You have forced the produce farmers to hire in a very different way. They will need to pay higher wages for legal immigrants/citizens to pick your salads. These workers will demand higher pay, and possibly some benefits.
The cost to the grower will increase dramatically. That cost will be passed on to the distributor, the retailer, and the consumer. Free enterprise capitalism, right?
So when you find that your lettuce is $10 a head, you can blame your State's legislation.
Will you whine? Yes. Will you complain and moan? Yes. Will you look to your leaders to make it all better? Yes.
You didn't think it through, that's all. Sorry.

When you find that good and services are not turning up on time. When you realize how much daily lives is affected by this legislation, you will bitterly complain.

We'll be happily eating our delicious, inexpensive Caesar Salads and not listening to you. You didn't listen when we warned you.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The issue about the language is pretty simple and is pure common sense. You come here, you are the one who has to learn English, not the homeowner. It is a matter of respect. Not even laws. Is good faith. But if you don't even understand those principles, then get the hell out of this country because you do not qualify as a potential American. When a friend invites me to dinner at his house, I do not demand what we are going to eat. I eat what he decides to provide, I enjoy it, and I give thanks to him for it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Let me start by saying that I am a permanent resident of the USA. I am not (yet) a citizen. I did it all properly. It can be done, even for those of limited funds. I do not condone border jumping. I understand their plight, but it's illegal.

Okay, now then....

Dear Arizona: Please do not complain in any way, shape, or form when your produce prices quadruple.
Undocumented migrant workers put in very long days of very hard work for very little pay to bring you your produce. The growers count on it.
You have forced the produce farmers to hire in a very different way. They will need to pay higher wages for legal immigrants/citizens to pick your salads. These workers will demand higher pay, and possibly some benefits.
The cost to the grower will increase dramatically. That cost will be passed on to the distributor, the retailer, and the consumer. Free enterprise capitalism, right?
So when you find that your lettuce is $10 a head, you can blame your State's legislation.
Will you whine? Yes. Will you complain and moan? Yes. Will you look to your leaders to make it all better? Yes.
You didn't think it through, that's all. Sorry.

When you find that good and services are not turning up on time. When you realize how much daily lives is affected by this legislation, you will bitterly complain.

We'll be happily eating our delicious, inexpensive Caesar Salads and not listening to you. You didn't listen when we warned you.

Thank you.

I am ok with paying higher prices. Is a sacrifice we all have to make as a transition to fix the debacle. Robotic technology is being developed and improved by brilliant Americans as we speak. That new level of technology will provide new quality jobs for Americans expanding the sales, technical and engineering markets.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Thank you. Someone who actually knows Arizona and the agriculture difficulty.

I do live in an agricultural area of Arizona. People not from here are like "Pace Picante Sauce from New York (or Phoenix
)

My son-in-law is Canadian - - - and he has gone through all the proper procedures to be here legally.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".
reply to post by KingAtlas

Yes, they ARE people;however, they are BREAKING the law. Thus, they are CRIMINALS. What part of "breaking the law" don't you understand? If they want to work here, they can apply for a work visa, and stand in line like millions of others have, thus NOT breaking the law.
It's a pretty simple concept to understand, for those that WANT to understand.
Most people want MONEY to live, to provide for their families, to advance their plight in life, but honest people don't BREAK THE LAW, by holding up a bank to get that money. They apply for jobs, LEGALLY, then EARN money for whatever purpose they want.
Would you feel sorry for a bank robber, because he wanted to get more money? Why feel sorry for criminals who break the laws of this country, which were put in place, so that those of us who are here LEGALLY, do not have to go bankrupt supporting those criminals who are here ILLEGALLY?
It's a very simple concept, even for bleeding heart liberals to understand, if they really want to. Virtually every one of my family members are immigrants, but LEGALLY, and things were very hard for them when they came, but they did so in the 20th century LEGALLY, worked, paid taxes, and obeyed the law. Sorry, making excuses for criminals just doesn't cut it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Eaglecall

I don't see how having signs or forms in 2 or 3 different languages is an invasion of anybody's rights. It isn't as if they are negating you the right to the same information. And, even if they do push to make english the official language they will still provide signs and forms and whatever else in other languages so nothing is really going to change.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

interesting article, but a lot has changed since 2008.

Actually things have gotten better. All the horror stories are from the human trafficking rings and not from the Mexican immigration service, or whatever it may be called.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
What part of "breaking the law" don't you understand?

That is probably a good question to ask all those looking the other way as well.

Why feel sorry for criminals who break the laws of this country, which were put in place, so that those of us who are here LEGALLY, do not have to go bankrupt supporting those criminals who are here ILLEGALLY?

Someone who believes in conspiracy theories might say that those laws are actually put in place to provide a source of cheap labor even if it hurts citizens and legal aliens.

Virtually every one of my family members are immigrants, but LEGALLY, and things were very hard for them when they came, but they did so in the 20th century LEGALLY, worked, paid taxes, and obeyed the law. Sorry, making excuses for criminals just doesn't cut it.

Before 1984 even illegal aliens were given the chance to adjust their status if they could prove that they had been in the country (illegaly) for a certain amount of time and had stayed out of trouble.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by lifeissacred

Not immigrants. Illegal immigrants.
My family on both sides got their visas and came to this country. Even became citizens.
My wifes parents got green cards.

It's not an impossible task to come to this country legally.
Maybe it's not easy but not impossible.

Recently?

In what years did they immigrant legally?

Are you implying it is impossible to do it legally now? That would come as news to my family as well. Legal to the letter and paying taxes just like half of the people born here.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

My family on both sides got their visas and came to this country. Even became citizens.

Recently?

Are you implying it is impossible to do it legally now? That would come as news to my family as well. Legal to the letter and paying taxes just like half of the people born here.

Where did I imply that?

Get off the drama train.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Recently?

Where did I imply that?

Get off the drama train.

Drama train?

You implied it when you said "Recently?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Its too bad that people just looking to work, and make better lives for themselves suffer so much discrimination.

I think its sad. They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".

For hundreds of years they have been working the farms, and labour jobs that most in the area aren't even willing to do.

Losing them as workers, but not subsidising the farmers will bring a downfall in the agricultural community in the area.

I hope you are just as happy when the food prices begin to soar.

Who worked our fields and did farming before they got here?

How did we survive?

People just looking for a better life? Sounds romantic, but on the backs of WHO? At the expense of WHO?

Bank Robbers are also looking for a 'better life' if you broke it down to it;s lowest common denominator.

And yes, they are people...who are here ILLEGALLY and are ALIENS.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Again - - get off the drama train.

It was a straight forward question.

Laws have changed.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Again - - get off the drama train.

It was a straight forward question.

Laws have changed.

I'm sorry. I thought it was meant to be a facetious remark.
Can you enlighten us as to what laws have changed and or how?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join