It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder. Was Mexico built on the premise of a melting pot of immigrants.

Maybe I can pull something out of the Constitution. The conservatives sure love to throw the Constitution around to make a point.

The Spanish language is part of America - - - completely separate from Mexico. Spanish was spoken on this land before English.

However - I think its good to speak the language of our bordering country.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

And most do but some have a hard time learning new languages or they find jobs where they are instructed in spanish and they don't feel the pressure to do so. Like I said before, making it the official language won't make it illegal to speak in any language you choose.

As to the punishment I agree. They know what's what that is why they run from "la migra".

edit on 13-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
English should be declared the Official language of the United States.
And yes, their official status in this country is "Illegal Alien" If they don't agree with it, they can go to Cuba and claim their rights. Not here.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eaglecall

Really? And why is that.

America is and has always been a melting pot of different cultures. English language is the immigrant.

Maybe instead of making English an official language - - - it should be mandatory to learn 2 languages so American citizens can more readily speak with each other.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Really? And why is that.

America is and has always been a melting pot of different cultures. English language is the immigrant.

Maybe instead of making English an official language - - - it should be mandatory to learn 2 languages so American citizens can more readily speak with each other.

And why then South American countries have Spanish as their official language?? if there were only indians there when Spaniards arrived? And many South American countries have multiple European cultures as background.

That so called melting pot is an opportunist card. English is the language that unify this nation and English MUST be made the Official language. Try posting here in Swiss or Navajo and let's see how your luck goes. There's only one language that will allow ALL American forum members understand: English. Those who do not understand it, we, the people, expect them to be in the process of becoming Americans, or they are simply in the wrong country.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
HOORAY FOR ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penalizing CRIMINALS in one way or another is ALWAYS A GOOD THING!!!!!

I have heard of SO MANY stories of illegals who SHOULDNT EVEN BE HERE, committing crimes, causing victims nothing but grief over and over and over again which should never even have occurred in the first place!!

People I knew who had high-value, classic cars TOTALED by these illegal CRIMINAL BUMS who had NO INSURANCE whatsoever and no drivers license.

The stories that can be told are endless and shouldnt even have occurred in the first place!!

They do NOTHING but cause American citizens grief and take jobs away from our children who will CERTAINLY accept their jobs while going to school or college.

HOORAY ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!! A big win for the LEGAL NON-criminal folks there. Now the rest of the states need to GET WITH IT!!!!!!!

CRIMINALS.

edit on 6-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
HOORAY FOR ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penalizing CRIMINALS in one way or another is ALWAYS A GOOD THING!!!!!

Do you live in Arizona?

Guess what - - I do.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't live in Arizona, and I strongly congratulate the state of Arizona and its people. And we are all mobilizing and organizing every single state to pass the same bills. Justice will be done by the power of reason or by the power of force.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I don't live in Arizona, and I strongly congratulate the state of Arizona and its people. And we are all mobilizing and organizing every single state to pass the same bills. Justice will be done by the power of reason or by the power of force.

Yes - - I'm just thrilled with the White Supremacy attitude of the "good old boys" of Arizona.

Justice? Very debatable.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Yes - - I'm just thrilled with the White Supremacy attitude of the "good old boys" of Arizona.

Justice? Very debatable.

So fall back to the race card?

Oh good grief all ready.

Illegal is illegal is illegal.
No matter what color of your skin, if you are here illegally, you need to be returned to home country.
There is no law that currently allows a LEO to stop someone just due to skin color and/or possible citizenship being in question.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Its too bad that people just looking to work, and make better lives for themselves suffer so much discrimination.

I think its sad. They are people, not "Illegal Aliens".

For hundreds of years they have been working the farms, and labour jobs that most in the area aren't even willing to do.

Losing them as workers, but not subsidising the farmers will bring a downfall in the agricultural community in the area.

I hope you are just as happy when the food prices begin to soar.

lol go through normal protocol, I have zero sympathy, and im Mexican haha.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
[lol go through normal protocol, I have zero sympathy, and im Mexican haha.

Did your family go through normal protocol?

Being from SOCA and Arizona - - - I'd say probably most of those of Mexican heritage were here before I was.

There used to be legal work programs - - and everyone got along just fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I live in Arizona, and where I work I am surrounded by people who don't speak English very well, if at all. Many of my co-workers have "allegedly" purchased their Social Security numbers in order to pass the mandated background check and get their job. BTW- they get paid 45k a year,same as me. Now, tell me again how this is a job that nobody here LEGALLY would want?

Illegal Aliens take jobs away from all industries, in all states, in all cities, and all towns. Not just in Farming or Housekeeping. This is a National problem. Not an Arizona problem.

We are the gateway, and all we are trying to do is make everyone get counted as they come through it. Pay your way, like everyone else...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zona
I live in Arizona, and where I work I am surrounded by people who don't speak English very well, if at all. Many of my co-workers have "allegedly" purchased their Social Security numbers in order to pass the mandated background check and get their job. BTW- they get paid 45k a year,same as me. Now, tell me again how this is a job that nobody here LEGALLY would want?

Thank you. I worked for a production plant in Gardena CA. I was there when the 2nd Amnesty went through. About 90% of those with "papers" were fake papers. Many of them were managers and supervisors.

I have a friend in Oregon - - - where there is a problem picking apples. There is a black market for the best supervisors.

I personally do not support borders. I think the best person for a job - - should get the job. (Yes I know all about lowering wages for people willing to work for less. Not going there on this topic)

But that is not the main issue. There are illegal Canadians (and other ethnicity) in Arizona (most people would be surprised how many Chinese are in Arizona (I am not saying they are illegals)). - - and probably most of those of Mexican ancestry are citizens. But only Mexicans are targeted - - - because by physical appearance they stand out.

In Arizona - - it is ethnic racism. And that is NOT OK.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zona

Thank you. I worked for a production plant in Gardena CA. I was there when the 2nd Amnesty went through. About 90% of those with "papers" were fake papers. Many of them were managers and supervisors.

I have a friend in Oregon - - - where there is a problem picking apples. There is a black market for the best supervisors.

I personally do not support borders. I think the best person for a job - - should get the job. (Yes I know all about lowering wages for people willing to work for less. Not going there on this topic)

But that is not the main issue. There are illegal Canadians (and other ethnicity) in Arizona (most people would be surprised how many Chinese are in Arizona (I am not saying they are illegals)). - - and probably most of those of Mexican ancestry are citizens. But only Mexicans are targeted - - - because by physical appearance they stand out.

In Arizona - - it is ethnic racism. And that is NOT OK.

Mexicans are targeted first because they are the majority group within the aliens. And as far as profiling....YES. PROFILE THEM ALL. Don't latinos speak Spanish to those Americans with an "hispanic" look like Italians for example?? isn't that profiling?? ohh...That's ok...but when it comes to laws..."oh my God you cannot profile, that's racism! Oh my God call the French lawyers and amnesty international!"

Bullcrap. The game is over. Illegal is illegal. Toss them ALL to the other side. They want reform and still come here? Well, make a line like civilized humans and wait for an answer from the homeowners.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
work here in new mexico is slow right now, i'm thinking of sneaking into mexico
and finding a job, renting a house and having a few kids.
what do you think the reaction will be if i get stopped and asked for id?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

be prepared to spend 25 to 30 years in the Mexico prison, and be ready to fight every day of your life down there, or have $150,000 for them to look the other way , while you hot foot back to the US.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
work here in new mexico is slow right now, i'm thinking of sneaking into mexico
and finding a job, renting a house and having a few kids.
what do you think the reaction will be if i get stopped and asked for id?

Obviously you haven't read their immigration laws.

OR - - you have - - - and you're being intentionally sarcastic.

Which certainly doesn't address the specific issue in America.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Mexicans are targeted first because they are the majority group within the aliens. And as far as profiling....YES. PROFILE THEM ALL. Don't latinos speak Spanish to those Americans with an "hispanic" look like Italians for example?? isn't that profiling??

Bullcrap. The game is over. Illegal is illegal. Toss them ALL to the other side. They want reform and still come here? Well, make a line like civilized humans and wait for an answer from the homeowners.

I have no issue because someone speaks Spanish instead of English. I personally find it very arrogant to demand a person speak English.

And I lost a job I loved to someone who speaks Spanish. Is Spanish not offered in almost every school in America? Who's fault is it - - I did not learn a second language? It is MINE. I had every opportunity to learn Spanish and blew it off. MY FAULT!

OH - - and you can leave God out of it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

yea, it was sarcasm, i'm fully aware of what it's like down there. i've been all over mexico and have spent a lot of time there.
personally, i don't blame a guy for coming up here in order to find work and feed his family.
i think we need to seperate the individual from the fact that it's so easy to get here.
if caught, send them back, unless it's an established family with a job, then fine the corporation or whoever is employing them and most likely they will end up going back on their own.the majority of illegals are hardworking honest people who stay out of trouble because they don't want to be deported.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join