It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gay Girl in Damascus' Allegedly Kidnapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

'Gay Girl in Damascus' Allegedly Kidnapped

news.yahoo.com

As the anti-government uprising in Syria has unfolded, Syrian-American blogger Amina Abdallah has attracted readers and been noticed by The Washington Post, CNN, Time,and The Guardian for her musings on the protest movement and what it's like to be gay in Syria. But her blog--A Gay Girl in Damascus--broached a very different topic today: Someone introducing herself as Abdallah's cousin wrote that Abdallah was seized by three armed men while on her way to meet with protest organizers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
damascusgaygirl.blogspot.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Dear friends of Amina,

I am Amina Abdallah Araf al Omari’s cousin and have the following information to share.

Earlier today, at approximately 6:00 pm Damascus time, Amina was walking in the area of the Abbasid bus station, near Fares al Khouri Street. She had gone to meet a person involved with the Local Coordinating Committee and was accompanied by a friend.

Amina told the friend that she would go ahead and they were separated. Amina had, apparently, identified the person she was to meet. However, while her companion was still close by, Amina was seized by three men in their early 20’s. According to the witness (who does not want her identity known), the men were armed. Amina hit one of them and told the friend to go find her father.

One of the men then put his hand over Amina’s mouth and they hustled her into a red Dacia Logan with a window sticker of Basel Assad. The witness did not get the tag number. She promptly went and found Amina’s father.

The men are assumed to be members of one of the security services or the Baath Party militia. Amina’s present location is unknown and it is unclear if she is in a jail or being held elsewhere in Damascus.

A snippet from Amina's blog.

I don't recall seeing anything about Amina here on ATS, which surprises me since she comes across as very intelligent and has no fear of speaking her mind.

Let's hope she is safe.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
gay girl kidnapped???

the propaganda machine is hilarious sometimes....but the question is...why do globalists always use female victims to aid colonialisation...in libya it was a raped woman who got kidnapped...

i dont think there will be such a public outcry with this one as there was with th elibyan one...

anyway...i hope she is found well

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I don't there's any propaganda going on here.

Her blog is quite interesting actually, read the one from April 26.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I hope she's found safe and well and most importantly, as soon as possible.

Just goes to show what can happen in a country where the religion dictates all rules and law and someone doesn't fit in with that model of a perfect human. Not only is she a female who rightly speaks her mind on the situations in her country, she's also gay. That's two strikes against her already according to Islam and I'm not surprised that a fundamentalist Christian above me whose religion also causes problems for those who are gay is cynical of this kidnapping.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And a link to sign a petition .. To try take action regarding it ..
www.avaaz.org...

If signing the petition .. Please use your proper email address .. to ensure you're notified of upcoming issues as they arise ...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Cheers for that.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The question is does she really exist---

Amina Arraf's fake photo

Further from "Amina Arraf" -

"This blog will have what may sometimes seem likely deeply personal accounts. And sometimes they will be. But there will also be fiction. And I will not tell you which is which"

Arraf 2007 blog

edit on 12-6-2011 by torsion because: added other llink

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Syrian lesbian blogger is revealed conclusively to be a married man
"Tom MacMaster's wife has confirmed in an email to the Guardian that he is the real identity behind the Gay Girl in Damascus blog"

""The events [in the Middle East] are being shaped by the people living them on a daily basis. I have only tried to illuminate them for a western audience.""

Yeah. Sounds like psyops to me. People believe any crap they see on Western news these days if it shows some innocent person in trouble from those evil terrorist Arab countries. Tools

edit on 12-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
hilarious....lol..... i told you lot it was BS...hahaaa

dude have you seen the real blogger haaaaa.... a guy... 40 somethin.

lol...look...."female blogger kidnapped"....sounds real...."gay girl kidnapped in damascus"....sounds like propaganda.

i wish they`d send me their headlines to proof read before they go through with them....TPTB.. my services are available...as the propaganda machine, is in need of a change in its internal components....the recent lame headlines iv seen are just that...lame.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Syrian lesbian blogger revealed to be an American guy..

Well.. There you go..

I remember a documentary that some military or ex military and whistleblowers saying and naming 7 countries that US will find a way to intervene in the next few years, also Aaron Russo told about it, and the missing countries were Syria, Somali, Yemen on that list. Now here we go and the last one will be Iran (after the circle around Iran is completed and all air force and navy took its place and prepare bases) its definitely following a pattern here, now I'm sure about it.
edit on 14-6-2011 by organite because: paranthesis left open

new topics

top topics

join